IGNORED

Did I get scammed at immigration?

rollingstonedan

Anyone who pays it supports this thievery and bribery Style earnings. Yes it is certainly not easy to say this procedure resounding no, but otherwise it will go and then do not complain and it will get worse!

What do you suggest to do?

I was also charged 3000 baht instead of 1900 back in September/November, but there's really not a lot to do about it. I'm happy to hear any suggestions!

It's up to the immigration a officer if you get the extension or not. If you don't get the extension, it will both be more time consuming and expensive to leave the country, which is the only alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If everybody keeps giving in to this kind of behaviour, it will never change.

Wear a helmet with cam and tell her it is broadcastet live on your youtubechannel, might make her think twice about scamming you :Think1::GoldenSmile1:

If everybody keeps giving in to this kind of behaviour, it will never change.

Wear a helmet with cam and tell her it is broadcastet live on your youtubechannel, might make her think twice about scamming you :Think1::GoldenSmile1:

When I go there, my objective is to get the extension.

Do you think acting like an idiot towards her, will help me?

I'm all up for avoiding to pay extra money, but I have still to see any good suggestions, except trying to convince the immigration officer that you know the fee is 1900 baht - there has been a few threads on the subject by now.

If everyone does that, they will be able to up the price  and everyone will suffer.

I am not sure if she can make things hard for me, my married visa will be needed very soon!  Don`t know if she will try and get her  own back or decide I might be too much trouble!

In theory there is the Generals anti corruption committee which I will investigate if she does give me a hard time over my visa.  I have already informed the British Embassy in BKK what happened in case I needed a new passport.

Good for you. If everyone pays Thailand will become as bad as all the surrounding countries. 1000 bath is also a ridiculously high amount for a visa fee. I've paid far less at one of the worst border (Cambodia-Lao) where they scam you on both sides.

I do understand that your goal is to get the extension, nothing wrong with that.

Now, dont take this as a personal insult as i dont know you, but if you keep letting people walk all over you, paying xtra money for something that clealy have a fixed Price, it will never end for you aor anybody else.

If your receipt actually said 3000 baht, then no problem. But when the receipt clearly says 1900 baht and you handed over 3000 on her demand, that just sets you up for NeXT time she have to do your papers...

Anyway, have a nice xtra 30 days in ShangriLa :GoldenSmile1:

I do understand that your goal is to get the extension, nothing wrong with that.

Now, dont take this as a personal insult as i dont know you, but if you keep letting people walk all over you, paying xtra money for something that clealy have a fixed Price, it will never end for you aor anybody else.

If your receipt actually said 3000 baht, then no problem. But when the receipt clearly says 1900 baht and you handed over 3000 on her demand, that just sets you up for NeXT time she have to do your papers...

Anyway, have a nice xtra 30 days in ShangriLa :GoldenSmile1:

Again, come with a suggestion of what to do?

It's not about letting people walk all over me - it's simply adapting to the way things are in this country.

I come from Denmark, which time after time is in top of Transparency Internationals corruption perception index, so I admit that my experience in dealing with corruptions is limited.

I'm all up for avoiding to pay extra money, but I have still to see any good suggestions, except trying to convince the immigration officer that you know the fee is 1900 baht - there has been a few threads on the subject by now.

If you need a grown up to hold your hand

go to the printing shop in front of immigration they will take your passport and forms in for you. 

They always over this service when doing my photocopies  100 Baht tip seems to keep them happy 

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

If you need a grown up to hold your hand

go to the printing shop in front of immigration they will take your passport and forms in for you.

They always over this service when doing my photocopies 100 Baht tip seems to keep them happy

Well... Sometimes I do feel like a kid in a candsy shop here, but I don't really need a grown up to hold my hand ;)

I will give them a try though, if I should need to extend again.

Again, come with a suggestion of what to do?

Have your tried the suggestion box? :GoldenSmile1:

20150119_175027.jpg

Have your tried the suggestion box? :GoldenSmile1:

attachicon.gif20150119_175027.jpg

555... No, and I think it would be a waste of time.

Archived