IGNORED

first time in Pattaya where do I start to look for hotel

ibeabuchi

www.canterburytalescafe.com Guesthouse where you save money on expensive rooms to spend on yourself, and I will put you right on the must/must not do's in Pattaya to get you started.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

You may want to try the Roof Garden Inn, which is between Pattaya and Jomtien. The Baht Bus goes right in front of the hotel, the rooms are clean, nice bathroom, electronic safe, and no joiner fee. Very reasonable at 600 to 800 baht depending upon what time of year you plan to visit.

Golf Nut

Is IBIS OK there?

The Ibis is fine - really clean, proper bathrooms (my big pet peeve), western beds, fine pool, nice new accommodations - rooms are a little small though but I'm mostly fine with that. It's where I crash, not where all the party is had. The only downsides are that 1) they charge 170B for an all-you-can-eat breakfast (meats, eggs, lots of fruits and breads - not a problem), 2) they charge for wifi and 3) they're at the end of the strip at Soi 1. But I like it fine, and the girls really like the variety for breakfast.

baht for baht it's the Sandy Spring. Beats Flipper lodge for quality and bar noise, Lek for ocean view, though the buffet at lek is the best for the money. I don't stay at Sabai Inn, though a good friend swear by it, cause after traveling half way around the world I like to look out the window and and see ocean....Hell, I'm on vacation after all. Sandy spring has good location too. :GoldenSmile1:

In the past I've stayed at Pattaya Resort, or Pattaya Park, then gotten a Diamond Beach hotel 6th floor ocean view in the afternoon for my private short time room for the night. That was when I could handle 5-7 bangs in one night. I'm a little more sedate these past few trips.

Anyway, great suggestions, and you may wish to avoid the anxiety and just book ahead for one night at least so there are no surprizes and you don't find yourself wandering about town with all your luggage. JMHO/

Obla Dee bro.