IGNORED

first time in Pattaya where do I start to look for hotel

ibeabuchi

Hey just curious, I'm coming from bangkok to Pattaya (first time) and I have no idea where to go. I mean from the bus stop to finding a hotel, any suggestions? Are there any particular area's I should go to first to find a hotel? Do I need a taxi or can I walk? Anything for around 1000 baht? Sorry to ask so many questions but I have never been to Pattaya and don't know where to start.

Lowest Rates at Sawasdee.com or

Agoda.com

Hey just curious, I'm coming from bangkok to Pattaya (first time) and I have no idea where to go. I mean from the bus stop to finding a hotel, any suggestions? Are there any particular area's I should go to first to find a hotel? Do I need a taxi or can I walk? Anything for around 1000 baht? Sorry to ask so many questions but I have never been to Pattaya and don't know where to start.

Hi ibeabuchi,

For your first stay I would recommend you stay in Soi 13, Beach Rd, as this is a centralized area that allows you to access Walking St and the other entertainment areas.

I can recommend the following hotels location on Soi 13 just off Beach Road:

www.sandyspringhotel.com/

www.dynastyinn.com/

www.thehaven-hotel.com/

www.scandibar.com/hotel/inn-house/

Cheers, Alf.

Agree with soi 13 ,

but there is a bath bus service , cheep , fast and easy way to get around ,

so it not that important where you stay .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Try P J inn off Cental pattaya road soy 12. 600. 700 baht a nite . cheaper by the month 7000. Cental can get to all the soys . just far enough out of the noise , taxis out side hotel ,but can walk to soy 6 7 8 in five mins , 7/11 shop opposite hotel open all nite and girl frendly can take girls back no problem. up to you your hoilday good luck enjoy

Edited by friendlyric6411

Used to stay on soi 13 all the time until the noise from the construction sent me packing. How is it now?

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but IMO you cant beat Sabaii Lodge I've recomended this place to many people and have never heard a complaint. Last time I was there the walk in rate for a single superior room in the older wing was 900 baht.

hello as our first time in pattaya tell cab driver you want right in the heart Walking Street is a land mark not far from soi 13

You can't go wrong in the Sabai Lodge.

Prices around 900 Baht and excellent location.

Nearby the 3 Sabai Body massages and Soi 2 bar area.

Baht busses stop right at the door.

Love the Ruenthai pool...

32439-9698.jpg

You can't go wrong in the Sabai Lodge.

Prices around 900 Baht and excellent location.

Nearby the 3 Sabai Body massages and Soi 2 bar area.

Baht busses stop right at the door.

Love the Ruenthai pool...

32729-9681.jpg

I would recommend Soi Diana area. Very convenient location. The Lk Meropole is a great hotel and GF

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but IMO you cant beat Sabaii Lodge I've recomended this place to many people and have never heard a complaint. Last time I was there the walk in rate for a single superior room in the older wing was 900 baht.

You say the walk in rate for a single superior room was 900 bath. But do you recommend booking in advance in Sabaii Lodge or to book when you get down there?

I went to their web site and couldn't find superiour room prices at 900 bath. 1250 bath was the lowest through that site. Or do you have other agencies that offers any discountes?

Used to stay on soi 13 all the time until the noise from the construction sent me packing. How is it now?

That old chestnut , never found it a problem ,

last stayed there in November , not much Constitution going on at the Dynasty end ,

will be back there next week ,

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

You say the walk in rate for a single superior room was 900 bath. But do you recommend booking in advance in Sabaii Lodge or to book when you get down there?

I went to their web site and couldn't find superiour room prices at 900 bath. 1250 bath was the lowest through that site. Or do you have other agencies that offers any discountes?

I never book ahead. I generally plan to get a room at the Sabaii Lodge and have yet to be turned away. They have some basic single rooms that are usually booked that's why I usually end up with the superior room. If the Sabaii Lodge was full, yet to happen, I'd try accross the road at the Sabaii Inn that's owned by the same people. The if that was also full I suppose I'd get a room at the welkominn next door and start looking for something better for the next day. Although I stayed at the Welkominn for a week once when I was on a budget and it wasn't too bad.

Edited by BassGod

Ibeabuchie - First, welcome to the board. I made my first trip back to Pattaya in more than 20 years just last September, and can certainly understand how overwhelming the selection of hotels can be. It seems so many factors involved, so much advice offered, yeah, a bit overwhelming. Having said that, it really is not that significant a question, your basic requirements - a reasonably comfortable and secure place to sleep and frolic with whichever lovely lady or ladies, you choose to bring back with you - will be easily met by the vast majority of hotels. For your first trip especially, location is, imho, the biggest concern, and even that is pretty easy. If you can picture in your mind, there is something like a big loop running around the major play areas, consisting of Beach road along the water front, Pattaya Tai (South) at the southern end (Beach Road continues south from Pattaya Tai but becomes Walking Street at that point), then Second road running pretty much parallel to Beach Road up to the point where it runs into Beach Road at the traffic circle in North Pattaya. Smaller streets, Soi's, run between Beach and Second Road, including such (in)famous names as Soi 6, Soi 7/8, Soi 13, etc, etc.Baht busses run this loop in huge numbers continually, you can hop on one, go as far as you want to on the loop, get off and pay the driver 10 baht, voila, cheap readily available transportation to get you anywhere you are likely to want to go. You may/will get some debate among the BM's here whether better to be on Soi 13, or Soi 2, or whatever. No disrespect intended to any, those are honest opinions intended purely to help you out. They are, however, personal preferences, and I have found that among my close friends, many have totally different opinions of which area is best. After your first visit or two, you will decide for yourself what you prefer. Most of the hotels within that loop have rates available at 1000 baht or under (I did say most, some of the upscale places are also within that loop).

My recommendation for your first trip, is to choose something within this loop, because anywhere inside the loop and you will have easy cheap transport to where ever you want to get to. One of the BM's above said he never pre-books his room, simply shows up at Sabai Lodge and has never had a problem getting a room, and that obviously works for him, which is great. As a newbie on your first visit, hovever, I would recommend you book a room for at least the first few nights of your stay. That way you don't have to face that hassle after what will probably be approximately a 30 hour trip from your home to the hotel, with a time zone 12 hours later than your home (if you arrive at say 2AM pattaya time, that will be 2PM the afternoon before Chicago time). That trip is one long sob, and you will be pretty much of a zombie.

When do you plan on coming over and for how long? The timing can have a big impact on room availability, Dec-Jan being generally the busiest, but with other holiday periods throughout the year getting pretty busy also. So go and look at the various hotel search websites, and pick one or two that sound interesting to you. Post a message here about what you have chosen, before you have actually booked it, and you will get some good solid opinions on whatever you choose. I am not a resident here, from the Chicago area originally (Homewood), if you choose one no one knows about, or one with temporary problems (pool closed, construction in progress, etc.) I will run over and check it out first hand for you and let you know the situation now.

Honestly, don't sweat the hotel selection much, there are so many decent places to stay and very few that are really unacceptable. Concentrate your pre-trip efforts on reading about Pattaya on this and the other forums, the wealth of knowledge is incredible, and the vast majority of posters will be happy to give you honest opinions about whatever questions you can come up with. Feel free to PM me if you wish, if there is anything I can do to help make ur first trip a success. And do let us know when your dates are finalized, I for one (of what I am sure will be several) will be happy to buy you a beverage of your choice and help show you around a bit.

Rick

Here's a map of pattaya that I downloaded and then altered for a friend for his first visit, he found it usefull.

post-1849-1175226604_thumbjpg

• 2 weeks later...

You should pick a hotel that is on the baht bus route in order to make getting around easier.

If night life is important to you stay in Pattaya and not in Jomtien as taxi rides can be costly and time consuming.

Experienced Expat

Hi ibeabuchi,

For your first stay I would recommend you stay in Soi 13, Beach Rd, as this is a centralized area that allows you to access Walking St and the other entertainment areas.

I can recommend the following hotels location on Soi 13 just off Beach Road:

www.sandyspringhotel.com/

www.dynastyinn.com/

www.thehaven-hotel.com/

www.scandibar.com/hotel/inn-house/

Cheers, Alf.

Thanks!

I'll check out those hotels for my virgin visit to Pattaya. ;)

rixkix

what can i say that has to be the best reply to any question so far :P

if i ever want to sell a glass of water i want you to sell it for me :D

have a good day sir THE DOCTOR

• 3 weeks later...

I to, am in the same position about booking. I went to pattaya for the first time in March and stayed at Flipper lodge. It was OK but the rooms were basic and well used. I paid 1100 bht a night and was told by bg`s that there were better rooms available at that price. I am now going for a month mid November to mid December.I agree that within the bhat bus route is ideal. I have trawled forums for recommendations and emailed a lot of places. Good details of accomodation are rare and prices high. Ideally I want a place about 40 to 50sqm with reasonable furniture or seperate sitting area ie with sofa . A swimming pool and either breakfast included or somwhere very close by to have breakfast. A price around 30000 Bht for the month would be ideal.

It seems the internet rates are higher but I am worried when I arrive I will have problems finding a place. Any recommendations. Sabai lodge looks good but internet rates high.

Any Suggestions.

I think I may risk booking two nights and then looking. Again any suggestions. Obviously all must be Girl friendl with no joiner fee.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Good details of accomodation are rare and prices high. Ideally I want a place about 40 to 50sqm with reasonable furniture or seperate sitting area ie with sofa . A swimming pool and either breakfast included or somwhere very close by to have breakfast. A price around 30000 Bht for the month would be ideal.

Thanks

30000baht per month should find a decent place,

http://www.lkpattayahotel.com/mansion/roomrate.html has a one bedroom suite for 23000

• 2 years later...

try soi 7 or soi 8 a lot of 3stars hotel Flipper or Eastiny stating 900baht

you are close TOPS supermarket

all the bars are next to the hotel

girls in soi 7/8 are cheaper than WS

10 baht to WS if you insist

If you don't want to take a baht bus from the bus station you could take a moto taxi which is faster. This only works if you have a small suitcase or even better yet a backpack. The fare from the bus station to Soi Diana/Soi Bukhow is 60 baht. The fare from Soi Diana/Soi Bukhow back to the bus station is 50 baht.