IGNORED

Ryder Cup Begins in Gleneagles

jocky king

Ryder Cup Begins on Friday. The world most popular and exciting golf competition start on Friday . The Champion holder , Europe , is favourite to retain the Ryder Cup . Come on Europeans , Go and whoop the USA asses .. Lol

Go Europe !!!

16-12 , would be nice , with either Rose or Garcia as highest points scorer ;)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

There's a new Sky channel just dedicated to the comp for a week only. I'll be watching the opening ceremony in Wetherspoons on Thurs. Will be difficult to top last years heroics.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I don,t think it will be the walkover people expect a few euro,s have done nothing all season,going for j furyk to be the top yank at 8s

Go Europe !!!

16-12 , would be nice , with either Rose or Garcia as highest points scorer ;)

Poulter has one 11 points out of his last 12 points he has played for.  Seems to raise his game significantly for the Ryder cup.  ( 5 birdies in a row at Medinah to win it last time.)

I don,t think it will be the walkover people expect a few euro,s have done nothing all season,going for j furyk to be the top yank at 8s

I don't think it will be a walkover either. Far from it.  USA have some fantastic players there. Big Phil was bigging them up over here last night.  Furyk is a good call for top American.

I am sure no matter the outcome it will be a fantastic 3 days golf.  

On this forum during the last 3 majors i have been tipping my home town boy hero Stephen Gallacher to do well and he has made it into the Ryder cup side for the first time. I will be routing for him big time. ,  he partners Ian Poulter  against Spieth and Reed.  8am tee off and i have the day off work to watch all 3  days. 

I live 25 miles from the course and there has been a bit of bad weather coming in,,  wind and rain.  Should toughen up the course a bit.

Good luck to all concerned.

ps......  i actually think USA will be stronger without Tiger.  No surprise for me should they win it.  

Come on Stephen

185038_m16.jpg

Stevie

Oh dear local boy finds the bunker on the 1st !

Can't imahpgine the pressure

Was lucky enough to be in Medinah last time, and was the most amazing trip

Europe 5-3 USA ...

Great Telly , 

Poults looked sheepish after his geeing up of the crowd on the first tee and then playing like a complete duffer .

He'll return today and can't play any worse . 

Justin Rose looked the best player on the course yesterday , but would expect the usa to go for it today . 

Mikeyboy

Great chip from Poulter on the 15th :)

6 1/2 - 5 1/2

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Great Telly , 

The course looked like a tailor made ad for HD TV yesterday.  Great scenery, and some great golf.

i'm no great golf fan, but anybody who does not find the ryder cup exciting does not really enjoy the ups and downs of sport.

Europe 10 USA 6 , not over yet , tomorrow will be an exciting day .

Some great match ups, feel sorry for Gallagher nightmare yesterday, then draws Mickelson,not quite the home coming he wanted.

Been really impressed with Donaldson & Dubuisson, particularly the later & you know tomorrow will have its twists and turns

some great matches there Garcia and furyk both in top form,poulter and simpson both out of form.rose looks good against mahon mickleson against Gallagher,but the ryder cup makes fools of logic.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Live coverage on True interrupted by the General's Friday night "happy" broadcast.  I'm not happy.

Well, I saw it .... And I'm not happy either !

Europe 10 USA 6 , not over yet , tomorrow will be an exciting day .

.... Ah, yea ... I kind of think it's over.

No smoke and mirrors here ... Europe team is a LOT better.

some great matches there Garcia and furyk both in top form,poulter and simpson both out of form.rose looks good against mahon mickleson against Gallagher,but the ryder cup makes fools of logic.

So true , logically Europe should not have won in Medinah .

Nothing Guaranteed and some great match up's this afternoon .   Mcilroy / Fowler and  Rose / Mahan look stand outs

Mikeyboy

Europe heading for an easiest win , right now it is 12-6 . USA obviously missed Tiger a lot .

Europe heading for an easiest win , right now it is 12-6 . USA obviously missed Tiger a lot .

Tiger Woods has a 13 won, 17 lost and 3 drawn, record in his Ryder Cup matches. Hardly overpowering.  Even if he had been present Europe would still have won easily, in my opinion.

Tiger Woods has a 13 won, 17 lost and 3 drawn, record in his Ryder Cup matches. Hardly overpowering.

Agree , but his presence would help USA spirits go stronger . Anyway, it is 16-11 now with one more to go , Dubuisson is one up at the moment to Zach Johson. It is European five titles from last six meetings .

Archived