IGNORED

Aus Tourist visa for Thai National

heals93

Question is it easy to do a 3 month tourist visa yourself or better to use an agent?

Aiming to have my Thai GF come over to Australia in December. Have written a letter of invitation got payslips ready what else do I need? and does the tourist visa list all the steps in an easy to follow manner?

Thanks for any help!

WWW.ozvisathai.com is the site I used, has all the paperwork you need.

Only thing that needs updating is the visa application form, it's last year's, look on the australian immigration. Department website for that, you can get it in both languages too which will help her understand it. Don't bother with an agent because they will just charge you a lot of money to basically tell you what to include and make some photocopies of documents. You still have to find all necessary documents etc, they get paid for very little work. If you use that website and provide all the necessary documents, you will be fine

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

From my experience, as long as you have a decent job and place to live, a large part of what they look at is;

1.  How long have you known her and kept in contact with her and the main one;

2.  What reasons does she have to return to Thailand, ie she has a good job, owns house/land/cars or morgage/loan on them etc.

As stated, you would be better off saving the money from an agent and doing it yourself. 

One of my applications was declined as they said I didn't know my then GF long enough, so we just waited another 3 months and used the same info (with updated phone records) and it was approved.

I wish you luck and hope you enjoy the experience if the application is approved :wink:

Posted Image

Brought my TG over twice last year. Did all the docs myself not hard at all. Agents in Thailand charge about 20,000 to 30,000Baht from what I hear. You are better of giving that to your girl instead. She will love you even more.

Docs I sent with application

Invite letter stating i will provide accommodation and other nesecities

Proof of income

Proof of communication between us

Most important letter from her that she has responsibilities back home in Thailand and that she will be returning. eg kids, elderly parents, a job etc etc

Good luck mate.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

We got a knockback at first but with that letter came a name and email address. So I emailed them back.

I also included a stat dec that said I would be responsible for all her costs and added a letter that said

a. I knew where the Buddhist temple was

b. The Thai consul location

c. I had a quote for travel insurance

d. a booking for both of us in Bali so they knew she was leaving

e. That she had kids to return to

f. She had a letter from her university to say she still had units to finish.

They reviewed and in a week we got it.

I am in Melbourne and if the OP wants to PM me maybe we can catch up or have a chat as I am heading back in 4-6 weeks time to retire and perhaps I can help.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

WWW.ozvisathai.com is the site I used, has all the paperwork you need.

Only thing that needs updating is the visa application form, it's last year's, look on the australian immigration. Department website for that, you can get it in both languages too which will help her understand it. Don't bother with an agent because they will just charge you a lot of money to basically tell you what to include and make some photocopies of documents. You still have to find all necessary documents etc, they get paid for very little work. If you use that website and provide all the necessary documents, you will be fine

Thanks for the reminder as I had forgotten to check. They usually update the forms in November and/or July. They didn't have an updated one in November last year so I should have known there was one in July. I have updated them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Question is it easy to do a 3 month tourist visa yourself or better to use an agent?

Aiming to have my Thai GF come over to Australia in December. Have written a letter of invitation got payslips ready what else do I need? and does the tourist visa list all the steps in an easy to follow manner?

Thanks for any help!

The application form is quite simple to complete however it does not give you much of an indication of what documentation is required for your situation. This is simply because people have different circumstances.

I believe that if you follow the directions on www.ozvisathai.com there is a high chance of a visa being issued.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I have personally done 2 3 month visas for my TGF, I had been to thailand 6 times in 16 months before i decided to bring a girl to aus.

i had previosly been another 5 times but was spread out over 3 years due to being caught up with a farang girl lol, I found it very easy to do visa my self. first visa was accepted no problems, it may also help that i have a decent job that could supply payslips that proved i could take care of her while she was here, also age gap not so far i 26 and she 21 not saying that has an impact but my 2nd visa i applied for was 12 month muliple entry and was knocked back. i spoke with embassy and there response was that she had only left the country one time before and her funds in her account were not sufficient even tho i supplied my payslips.

she was given another 3 month tho so she was still able to come to australia. embassy also said that they would think that i should apply for a partner visa while i do not want to.

i believe it was easy for them to belive the whole relationship thing as i had been to thailand so many times and in application i just said i always went back to see

her.

anybody have any tips of how i could get her here for a 12 month multiple on the next app?? am thinking of going to pats next week as will have some time up my sleeve and was thinking of putting in another app

this is the list i wrote and had and put on the front of the application.

Visa Application Document List

1.       Visa Application 1419

2.       Exempt Person Assistance Form 956

3.       Visa Application Payment at Post Office

4.       Passport Photo

5.       Certified Copy of Thai ID Card

6.       Certified Copy of Passport

7.       Certified Copy of House Registration

8.       Family Letters, Employer Letter

9.       Letter of Invitation from Sponsor

10.   Evidence of Relationship

Additional Sponsor Documents

1.       Letter of Invitation – Statutory Declaration

2.       Certified Copy of Passport

3.       Certified Copy of Drivers Licence

4.       Evidence of Funds – 3 Certified Copies of Payslips

5.       Evidence of Relationship

I have personally done 2 3 month visas for my TGF, I had been to thailand 6 times in 16 months before i decided to bring a girl to aus.

i had previosly been another 5 times but was spread out over 3 years due to being caught up with a farang girl lol, I found it very easy to do visa my self. first visa was accepted no problems, it may also help that i have a decent job that could supply payslips that proved i could take care of her while she was here, also age gap not so far i 26 and she 21 not saying that has an impact but my 2nd visa i applied for was 12 month muliple entry and was knocked back. i spoke with embassy and there response was that she had only left the country one time before and her funds in her account were not sufficient even tho i supplied my payslips.

she was given another 3 month tho so she was still able to come to australia. embassy also said that they would think that i should apply for a partner visa while i do not want to.

i believe it was easy for them to belive the whole relationship thing as i had been to thailand so many times and in application i just said i always went back to see

her.

anybody have any tips of how i could get her here for a 12 month multiple on the next app?? am thinking of going to pats next week as will have some time up my sleeve and was thinking of putting in another app

this is the list i wrote and had and put on the front of the application.

Visa Application Document List

1.       Visa Application 1419

2.       Exempt Person Assistance Form 956

3.       Visa Application Payment at Post Office

4.       Passport Photo

5.       Certified Copy of Thai ID Card

6.       Certified Copy of Passport

7.       Certified Copy of House Registration

8.       Family Letters, Employer Letter

9.       Letter of Invitation from Sponsor

10.   Evidence of Relationship

Additional Sponsor Documents

1.       Letter of Invitation – Statutory Declaration

2.       Certified Copy of Passport

3.       Certified Copy of Drivers Licence

4.       Evidence of Funds – 3 Certified Copies of Payslips

5.       Evidence of Relationship

I think there are a lot of misconceptions on these types of applications. A relationship is not a requirement for a tourist visa. I believe all it does it provide a reason why an Australian resident is assisting a Thai person. The importance of a relationship is over-rated IMO.

Most people I have heard from have stated that on a second application a 12 month multiple entry visa was issued even though it was not requested. Perhaps there were some concerns about you application. How soon after the first visit did you apply?

Certified copies are not required for any document. The only thing that may need doing is the witnessing of a stat dec if you are submitting one. Uncertified copies of all other documents will be accepted. With the documents for your GF she should have the original with her if she is applying in person.

If you are looking at lodging another application and you do not want to travel to Bangkok to lodge it you can lodge an application at the post office.

Thanks heaps everyone for all the input so far trying to get my head around it.

Currently we have been in correspondence for 14 months, I have had only two trips to Thailand spanning 5 weeks total. Spent all that time with her and have photos however they are iPhone photos and not time stamped. We are in contact all day every day using line and Skype, trying to think how I can produce evidence from those apps of our long term correspondence.

She graduated university this year with a degree in biochemistry, she speaks fluent English and intermediate Japanese, shes currently working a decent job at a Japanese company. I am hoping her education and career will show her in a strong light of returning home to immigration.

I have a good career and payslips that should show I will have no problem supporting her. 

Thanks again everyone for all the advice!

I think there are a lot of misconceptions on these types of applications. A relationship is not a requirement for a tourist visa. I believe all it does it provide a reason why an Australian resident is assisting a Thai person. The importance of a relationship is over-rated IMO.

Most people I have heard from have stated that on a second application a 12 month multiple entry visa was issued even though it was not requested. Perhaps there were some concerns about you application. How soon after the first visit did you apply?

Certified copies are not required for any document. The only thing that may need doing is the witnessing of a stat dec if you are submitting one. Uncertified copies of all other documents will be accepted. With the documents for your GF she should have the original with her if she is applying in person.

If you are looking at lodging another application and you do not want to travel to Bangkok to lodge it you can lodge an application at the post office

thanks for reply, i do think i did read somewhere on immi.gov.au website or somewhere else that documents had to be certifed,may be wrong, mine were done by JP  in aus, hers notary service by lawyer in thailand.

application might have been lodged too early as it was 3 months after her return??

i do know a friend that had the same thing, 2nd app was refused but he wrote letter saying they were wanting to work on relationship etc, re-lodged and got accepted, i just did not have the time to do this as i could not extend my trip futher as already had and "didnt want to leave my teerak behind" 5555

another friend has applied, he put that she was unemployed and she had to take care of her baby and that he was supporting her, they did not provide any evidence of him supporting her, it was sent from post office in pats last wednesday so should see the outcome of that one soon. will like to see what is granted as he put he wanted 6 month multiple entry as they want to go back to thailand for xmas with the family etc etc 

....and not time stamped.

That doesn't matter. They are smart enough to know that in this day and age time stamps mean fuck all.

If she has a university degree and is under 31 there is one other very good option. She can apply for a holiday working visa. I don't know if they restrict the number but I think it is well worth looking at.

Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)

thanks for reply, i do think i did read somewhere on immi.gov.au website or somewhere else that documents had to be certifed,may be wrong, mine were done by JP  in aus, hers notary service by lawyer in thailand.

I have submitted 5 or 6 applications and have never include a single certified document (other than one witnessed stat dec) and they have all had a positive result. They don't even want the original passport these days. Perhaps the certified documents are for a residence visa???

I don't know for sure but perhaps 3 months was too soon for a 12 month multiple entry. I suspect the person looking at it was having a bad day... :D

VFS.GLOBEL

A good place to start, no bullshit Visa service. They have done OK by me a couple of times and they cut down on the waiting.

Just follow their guidelines and things happen quick.

Good luck

Have done one myself - no problems for a 3 months Visa. It will help if she can provide Bank-statements that she has money in her Account - and also a letter from her present Employment - stating that they would be happy to re-employ here when she comes back.....

Have done one myself - no problems for a 3 months Visa. It will help if she can provide Bank-statements that she has money in her Account - and also a letter from her present Employment - stating that they would be happy to re-employ here when she comes back.....

The letter from an employer is extremely helpful. Money in her account is not so important. In all of the applications we have lodged she had very little money in her account. I think it may damage an application if you dump some cash into her account just before making the application.

The letter from an employer is extremely helpful. Money in her account is not so important. In all of the applications we have lodged she had very little money in her account. I think it may damage an application if you dump some cash into her account just before making the application.

The idea was that there is NOT one big cash transfer into her account, but regular payments......For that reason I had paid a monthly amount into her account for the preceding months, while she stayed with me, instead of just giving her Cash.

Have done many of these and not hard... docs as above.. in letter of invite state tourist things you will do and not that she is coming to see her man.  That is not a tourist reason.  also they want to see $1000 for every month she is going to be here. 

They want to see a reason she will return so job, family etc... a letter from employer saying she has holidays and a job to go back to is always good.  the letter of invite should also state that you will cover all travel, food and expenses as well as that you will fund and facilitate her return early if need be. 

its always good if you can get an invite to an even like a party or wedding...

most important is that she does not violate the visa or she will get a 3 year exclusion automatically.  once the first one is out of the way, they become easier after that lol...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Further questions now guys specific to our situation,

She graduated uni July this year and since got a Job shes not allowed to take a 3 month holiday to Australia from December to March so she plans on quitting in order to come here and when she gets back she will get another job. Any work around's for the visa app in not having a letter from the employer?

In the visa process I will be here in Australia and will just do this through emails and skype and all that. She works 6/7 days a week and wont have a chance to go to Bangkok to submit the application and all her supporting documents. Are there courier services you guys would recommend?

Further questions now guys specific to our situation,

She graduated uni July this year and since got a Job shes not allowed to take a 3 month holiday to Australia from December to March so she plans on quitting in order to come here and when she gets back she will get another job. Any work around's for the visa app in not having a letter from the employer?

In the visa process I will be here in Australia and will just do this through emails and skype and all that. She works 6/7 days a week and wont have a chance to go to Bangkok to submit the application and all her supporting documents. Are there courier services you guys would recommend?

No real work-arounds. You just have to do your best to try to convince them that she will return. Probably best not mentioning that she will quit her job.

Applications can be submitted at certain post offices. The post office locations and other information can be found here.

You can always just type some bullshit letter with a thai friend as the contact number, stating that she has a job available upon her return. My mate did it and had no problems, no one ever called her "employer "

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Yeah as above... dont tell em she quit, make a letterhead from the company website and type your own bullshit... give a landline phone number they can call but they dont normally check anyway... in case they do have a code name that everyone knows like somschai supaporn or something... :)  then you will know when they ask, who they are and can confirm the bullshit story... goodluck!  if you need a template let me know...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

• 2 months later...

And would it present a problem to immigration if your girl worked " bar ". Any comments welcome.

Just want to add, if u haven't known her,,,documents ect for over 3mths u got no fuckin chance at all...also don't show them pics of the two of u playin connect4 in her fuckin bar...take pics of u and her in the village with her olds.. Shows u r legit and not another dumbo with a hooker

Also it pays to transfer a couple 100 bucks every into her account...show ur a cashed up cunt who doesn't live out the back of mum n dads in a bungalow

Archived