IGNORED

Aeroflot?

coolsmoe

English is no problem at Istanbul airport. I have been there or used it for Transit ca. 10 times in the last 2.years. never had any issues. Even arrived really late in transit to another country in europe and had to rush through security. I doubted my luggage would make it but it did.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

thanks!!! feeling a little better now....

what does your signature starting Gesendet mean?

I am using an app.called tapatalk, designed to navigate forums from a phone or tablett more easily. It adds an.automatic signature to each post (which I need to bloody switch off lol). The signature says "this Post was sent via tapatalk by samsumg GT blabla". That's all lol.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

I'll be flying them in 4 weeks. Free WiFi on board from IST to BKK in economy also. Curious how good it works. :)

I'll be flying them in 4 weeks. Free WiFi on board from IST to BKK in economy also. Curious how good it works. :)

Not ... at least not the last 2 times i flew with them . 

What you mean? They don't have free WiFi, or it isn't free in economy?

its free but jerry said it did not work well for him. I've had it a few times and it was fine for a quick browse or even receiving emails incl. larger attachments in the range of 5-10 MB.

For browsing most forums via tablet or phone (as I already mentioned above) I use tapatalk. Just thought its worth mentioning that TK heavily filters web content on the flights, but using tapatalk even allows u to somehow still see xxx pics on most forums lol. Go figure. 

https://tapatalk.com

let me know how the flite was

It was so slooooowwwww i gave up after 10 minutes . 

• 1 month later...

I´m scanning flights for next february and aeroflot gives best prices from HEL-BKK (HEL-SVO-BKK): 640euros while direct flight with our Finnair cost 1200euros. Never had fly with aeroflot. They have reasonable connection, but that non-alcohol flight put me rethinking. Turkish airlines gives price 800euros via Istanbul - maybe I go with that.

My experience was hell with Aeroflot but it was back in 2002 - 2003 I think... meant to be a 2 hour connection but got stuck in Moscow for 16 hours as the plan had not even left Thailand when we arrived in Moscow from london

little or no food. ( they gave us boiled eggs and some dried biscuit stuff) We could not leave the airport due to no visa they would not give us a hotel. We where treated like criminals at the airport and when we tried to complain ah all of a sudden nobody speaks English. complete bunch of fuckers..

planes where crap they put a movie on that was voiced over but it was only one person doing all the voice overs lol madness it was . when we landed the ceiling fittngs fell on the passengers head in the middle row.

I refused to fly back with them and bought a new ticket home with Thai air. not worth the saving believe me

DO NOT USE THEM

You could always get your ass over to Stockholm first. If you combine one return ticket HEL-ARN with Finnair with one ARN-DXB-BKK with Emirates, you can get the whole thing for under 600€.

Of course, it's a pain to have to change two times, and travelling on separate tickets you need a lot of margin for delays, so those travel days will be long. But still, if you want it cheaper that's often one way of doing it.

That said, I've flown with Aeroflot a couple of times in recent years, and it wasn't that bad. Sure wasn't very good either, but then economy never is. SVO is pretty crap if your conection is long and in the middle of the night, but I've been to many airports that are far worse.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, now I´m sure not to go with Aeroflot. I have to make limits for traveling time due to my less than week trip overall, so over 20hours trips are banned. There is 15h route via Arlanda with SAS and Thai Airways, but it costs over 2000e. Cheapest offer is from Malesian Airways 550euros. 25hours via Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur. Wonder why they are so cheap - guessing there aren´t much people on plane on route AMS-KUL.

Today Aeroflot seems to be 580euro and Finnair´s direct HEL-BKK 10hours flight is now 780euro. I think i go with direct and safe.

How the fuck are you guys flying cheaper than me? Beijing to Thailand, cheapest flight was around GBP400

Countdown Clocks

• 1 year later...

Time to update this thread. I flew with Aeroflot from Helsinki to Bangkok HEL-SVO-BKK. One way ticket was reasonable 280€. From HEL to SVO it was Sukhoi Superjet and from SVO to BKK Airbus A330-300.

Sukhoi was ok plane(they are pretty new) and the sandwich they offered was not lacking of ham and cheese. No alcoholic offerings at all. It was a short hop only 1.5 hours. Reasonable legroom. I'm not a plane captain but I was kinda puzzled as they used very minimal flap/slat configuration at the takeoff. I guess it depends on the plane.

SVO is a pretty modern airport, but the walk from D to F-terminal was a long one. I had no problems as I had 4 hours to spare in the airport. Smoking is banned in this airport, but some Chinese and middle Eastern guys smoked at the toilet. It was not a deal breaker for me as a smoker. 15 hours without smoking is no problem as I didn't drink any alcohol during the trip. I bought a carton of cigarettes from the tax free. All the prices were in euros and the shop I visited had only the ciglist in cyrillic letters(which I know) so if you don't know them, ask the staff. Free and reasonable fast wifi but hard to get it running as there is an authentication,

Flight from SVO to BKK was a good one. Plane was not full and my row of 4 seats only 2 was taken so I had a plenty of room for my stuff and plenty of space for food. Legroom was ok for me but for the taller person it might be too small. Food was better than average and there was enough of it. Two different main option on both meals. Drinks were constantly served. Staff was helpfull but always used Russian first. No biggie for me. They offered each passenger slippers, blindfolds, blanket and the earphones.

I was happy with their service and would use them again. Price was really affordable. The best thing was the short 2nd leg which was only 8:45. I'm rather sitting at the airport than in the plane. For me choosing Aeroflot gave me the shortest flying time possible(Finnair direct is of course shorter but they don't offer single way tickets at the reasonable rates) just a hint over 10hrs in the air. If I had chosen a plane change in the Central Europe I would have flown couple of hours more.

BTW: wifi was not free but rather expensive. I read the book and didn't use the wifi or entertainment system(only for the flight data). Entertainment system was the standard A330 which is in anyways average.

Thanks for the update. I'm booked with Aeroflot in December. That will be my first time with them.

Thanks for the update. I'm booked with Aeroflot in December. That will be my first time with them.

The hostesses were hot btw except the single guy who who was you guessed... :GoldenSmile1: 

• 2 months later...

I came back to Finland via Moscow on Friday. Plane from BKK to SVO was 777-300ER, which had better legroom than A330-300 which I flew on September. Food was good. 2 options available on each serving. I got the seat from the last row and there was only one other passenger in a row of 4 seats. Again value for your money, even no alcoholic drinks served.

Archived