Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aeroflot?

coolsmoe

Hi guys,

Thinking about booking an Aeroflot flight for March next year. Only 480€... (BRU - SVO - BKK)

Pro's:

* cheap

* good (connection (less then 2h each way)) hours. Leaves BKK at 12h40 which is better instead of flights leaving in the middle of the night.

Cons:

* No alcohol on the leg SVO - BKK

* Maybe the EU will give more sanctions to Russia?

* Russians on the plane.

Alternative: Emirates: 565€ (BRU - DUB - BKK)

Pro's:

* I think they serve (free) beer.

* DUB - BKK I can choose to take the A380

Cons:

* Stopovers are kinda ok, around 3 hours each way.

* Return flight is at 1h05, so in the middle of the night

What do you guys think about Aeroflot?

I have heard horror stories of passengers having to hand of money to get the plane refuelled on Aeroflot. They are not an airline I would even consider. Emirates only €85 more, it would be Emirates for me

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Sorry I no have personal experience but,....

I think you described it correctly. Another disadvantage may be the airport in Moscow. Two reasons. First relatively poorly labeled and service personnel and potential problems with weather and snow.
I never Aeroflot used, but from my friends know that it is not so bad and can not complete. If you are flying even on machines TU is here even more legroom than a Boeing settings.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I have heard horror stories of passengers having to hand of money to get the plane refuelled on Aeroflot. They are not an airline I would even consider. Emirates only €85 more, it would be Emirates for me

I am pretty sure this is not true!

They had alot of trouble in the first half of the 90's but haven't had an accident since 1995

I flew with Aeroflot twice, missed my connection once Because a Passenger had a heart failure.... Not their fault i think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some stories from 20 years ago i guess . Aeroflot is doing fine at the moment . They're part of Sky team and flying with new airbusses

with personal entertainment . Short stop over in Moskou . Only downpoint is the stopover is sometimes to short to get your luggage on

the plane and arrives a day late .

Used them a 3 times over the past few years and no problems . I prefer them over the 3/4 hour stop in Dubai   

I just had a look on skyscanner Belgium and found Emirates at 507 euros. that was for the 4th till 25th so worth playing with your dates.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I live in Moscow and have just retuned from 3 weeks in Patts. I travelled with Aeroflot From Moscow SVO to Bangkok. The airport in Moscow is just like any other international airport with all the same amenities and services the plane was just the same as any other long haul carrier, entreatment in seat all latest films etc all in various languages. The stewards/stewardesses are a little abrupt but to be frank that is the Russian way. The main problem was the lack of alcohol, on a 9 hour hour flight I would of liked a drink to help me get some sleep :) Other than that the food was good and the plane was clean tidy and on time.

Shaky.

Why are they flying dry?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Too many problems with drunk Russians on the flight to and from BKK.

Btw, still haven't booked. 555

Used once, never again.

We had russians drinking their Duty free on board.A couple of hours in there was fighting between them. Cabin crew tied one of them up with selotape ! The guys who were fighting were let off at bkk as if nothing had happened. No entertainment either from moscow to bkk, $hit planes.

In addiiton to the current poitical issues, friends told me nightmare stories about Aeroflot. Go for Emirates.

Could you elaborate nature of the stories?

Pay the extra and get a better flight company.I flew once and would never again everything about it was bad from people walking up and down looking for seats that didn't exist to drunken Russians to fighting to get through 1 immigration desk to make a connecting flight.The whole set up was crap and yes the staff were rude and ignorant and if you get inflight entertainment you are doing well.Good luck .

Used once, never again.

We had russians drinking their Duty free on board.A couple of hours in there was fighting between them. Cabin crew tied one of them up with selotape ! The guys who were fighting were let off at bkk as if nothing had happened. No entertainment either from moscow to bkk, $hit planes.

Well you said there was a fight  :Grin3:

I always look out for Emirates, even though there is always cheaper options, there really is nothing better than that fantastic A380. Always worth the extra £££.

Could you elaborate nature of the stories?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_accidents_and_incidents_in_the_1990s

Some stories from 20 years ago i guess . Aeroflot is doing fine at the moment . They're part of Sky team and flying with new airbusses

with personal entertainment . Short stop over in Moskou . Only downpoint is the stopover is sometimes to short to get your luggage on

the plane and arrives a day late .

Used them a 3 times over the past few years and no problems . I prefer them over the 3/4 hour stop in Dubai   

I flew with them once and it would be around 20 or so years ago.

The "Air hostesses" resembled, and probably were ex shot putters, the food was inedible and it was just slapped so hard the tray actually vibrated.

They all scowled, a guy in front of me had the temerity to ask for something, she looked at him like she wanted kill him and then walked off, whatever it was he asked for he didn't get it.

The seats were literally threadbare and I had to put some clothes under me as it was so lumpy.

Most of the other passengers were drunk and loudly so, the guy next to me was so pissed he just kept talking to me in Russian although I repeatedly told him I couldn't understand a word he said, I ended up almost on my side turning away from him - but he just carried.

The plane itself kept making loud creaking noises and when we landed in Moscow it bunny hopped a couple of times before eventually slowing down and made noises like what I can best describe as a slow motion car crash.

The pilot addressed the passengers in Russian for around 2 minutes then spoke in English "Here now Moscow" and that was it

My memory of the airport was of a very cold 3rd world bus station, full of the most miserable people imaginable with some very shady people trying to sell me things, if I had bought something I'm sure I would have been sent to a gulag.

The next plane was just as crap as the previous one and again was staffed by ex shot putters who actively demonstrated a loathing for all passengers

I neither ate or drank anything on either flight and constantly cursed myself for saving what would have been about £30 back then.

Okay it was a long time ago when I flew with them and communism had only just ended so I'm sure they are much better now - but once bitten.......................

Edit: Not the worst though in the lead for that was Biman !

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I fly Aeroflot from Europe to Moscow SVO 1-2 times per year for business. The short-haul flights have alcohol, whereas the long-haul flights to BKK and other destinations are "dry" flights. Biggest con I see in any Russian airport is the fact that smoking is now banned, they closed down the smoking rooms in both SVO and DME airports. AFAIK even all hotels are now smoke-free in all of Russia. And since you will not have a Russian visa as you are only in transit, you will not be able to leave airside to get out and have a smoke. 

Two words... "never again"!

Having said that, Heathrow to Moscow was superb. New aircraft and great service, and really lured us into a false sense of security.

Once in Moscow, it all went downhill faster than Franz Klammer! The airport was just everything we expected... but greyer! It sounds so cliched, but we felt like we were being watched the whole time, and I don't recall seeing a single smile! The (very) old Ilyushin was comfortable, with good leg room, and really wide seats, but that was it. Sparse is putting it politely; not even communal TVs to watch flight maps or even awful Russian TV/dubbed movies etc. just to pass time. The food was uninspiring (although that's the same for most, but not all, airlines), and the service pretty non-existent. Never a smile from the staff.

Of course, it may be quite different now, but it was enough for me to add them to my list of those I will never be flying with again. (My "never list" is Aeroflot, Gulf Air, and Jet Airways. The best I have ever flown to Thailand with, by a clear mile, is Austrian Airlines.)

Moo Yai.

I would try Aeroflot. Better connection and departure times. Save the euro for Thailand. :GoldenSmile1:

I choosed AEROFLOT in  January - 2010 - 500 euros.

If we are not Russians speaking,hotess make no effort, but I don't care, just want good price and safe fly.

about bad weather, last year in Jordania there were too much snow = 1 more night in Bangkok...

anybody fly with Turkish Airlines?

I've done TK in longhaul a few times, not to Thailand though. Good food in economy, nice FA, Istanbul airport is ok, a bit hectic though. And you need to pass security again. Premium eco is really nice also on TK, had a freebie upgrade once.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T210 mit Tapatalk

I've done TK in longhaul a few times, not to Thailand though. Good food in economy, nice FA, Istanbul airport is ok, a bit hectic though. And you need to pass security again. Premium eco is really nice also on TK, had a freebie upgrade once.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T210 mit Tapatalk

Flying first time with this airlines this January. Got a really good price and only 1 change of planes from Canada.

Their website shows them winners of an award as best airline in Europe 3 years in a row, yet when I googled airline

reviews afterwords there were so many bad reviews. What people were saying was if you had a problem in Istanbul

good luck finding anyone speaking English and able to help you.

Flying first time with this airlines this January. Got a really good price and only 1 change of planes from Canada.

Their website shows them winners of an award as best airline in Europe 3 years in a row, yet when I googled airline

reviews afterwords there were so many bad reviews. What people were saying was if you had a problem in Istanbul

good luck finding anyone speaking English and able to help you.

English is no problem at Istanbul airport. I have been there or used it for Transit ca. 10 times in the last 2.years. never had any issues. Even arrived really late in transit to another country in europe and had to rush through security. I doubted my luggage would make it but it did.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

Archived