Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fishing reports

bigbill340

Short PE 6 and PE 8 rods are available here for as little as B1,200 but you may need to order it or go to Bangkok to get one. For reels your best choice is a Poseidon 300R or 400R or if you can afford one an Accurate, see http://www.parknumfishing.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539364860

Excellent post "Gogo dog" many thanks for the link. Where do you get the trout pellets from and what size are they? What bait would you use for the Siamese carp and what approach would you use to catch them?

Most of the parks prefer you to use their bait, there are no signs at Pattaya fishing park prohibiting you using your bait. The Mekongs are generally easy to catch using low tech Thai techniques. It's the Siamese carp which are generally difficult to catch.

Maybe worth a try in a future trip?

I will talk to you closer to the time if I may?

Bill

Excellent post "Gogo dog" many thanks for the link. Where do you get the trout pellets from and what size are they? What bait would you use for the Siamese carp and what approach would you use to catch them?

Many of the tackle shops sell them or you can buy them from temples with fish ponds, they look slightly smaller than pellets I have seen in the UK.

I have only ever caught one small Siamese carp of about 6 or 7 kilos using a feeder loaded with breadcrumbs and a bit of bread on the hook, this is the standard Thai setup used to catch catfish. I don't know how you would specifically target Siamese carp. I'm hoping Big Bill may be able to show me how with some UK carp techniques.

If you are thinking of buying a heavy setup suitable for 100kg+ fish, post here or drop me a PM.

Maybe worth a try in a future trip?

I will talk to you closer to the time if I may?

Bill

Yes definitely Bill, we believe there are 25-30 Siamese giant carp in Baetong. Some hi-tech UK techniques may be just what is required to catch them.

Many of the tackle shops sell them or you can buy them from temples with fish ponds, they look slightly smaller than pellets I have seen in the UK.

I have only ever caught one small Siamese carp of about 6 or 7 kilos using a feeder loaded with breadcrumbs and a bit of bread on the hook, this is the standard Thai setup used to catch catfish. I don't know how you would specifically target Siamese carp. I'm hoping Big Bill may be able to show me how with some UK carp techniques.

If you are thinking of buying a heavy setup suitable for 100kg+ fish, post here or drop me a PM.

Yes definitely Bill, we believe there are 25-30 Siamese giant carp in Baetong. Some hi-tech UK techniques may be just what is required to catch them.

I will bring some UK end tackle with me on my next trip and have a go at baetong for the siamesse carp and show you a few rigs we use for the carp here. I will also bring some large pellets for hook bait as I think they might get the hump if I started baiting heavily with pellet.

It would be a pleasure to show you a few UK rigs and tactics whilst we have a days fishing somewhere! hopefully do a lot of fishing next trip!

Bill

Oryt lads im coming out in august i know a while of yet its been 2 years since ive last been can not wait to come back im wanting a few decent days fishi g in wgile out mix of speices and methods any advice im really wanting to catch a giant snake head think the thais call it pla chadon but also some big cats woild be nice cheers for any help

Oryt lads im coming out in august i know a while of yet its been 2 years since ive last been can not wait to come back im wanting a few decent days fishi g in wgile out mix of speices and methods any advice im really wanting to catch a giant snake head think the thais call it pla chadon but also some big cats woild be nice cheers for any help

Biggest catfish around Pattaya are at Pattaya Fishing Park. You could catch a snakehead at almost any pond but the tackle and techniques are completely different.

Does anyone know the best deals for fishing (saltwater ocean) in or around Pattaya?

You may have to google that .. My friends go out on a charter boat from pattaya ..

Does anyone know the best deals for fishing (saltwater ocean) in or around Pattaya?

You may have to google that .. My friends go out on a charter boat from pattaya ..

I am sorry to say I know very little of sea fishing around Pattaya, I know many have said all of the big fish have long gone, but if you just want a few sea fish it may well be good to google it and maybe there will be a more knowledgeable Bm than me on the subject!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Gillhams resort in krabi is the best place to fish in thai. Allot of different species and they have a few world record fish in thare. I went giant stingray fishing on the Mae-klong river in petchaburi last week. Didn't manage to catch but was a good experience bit expensive tho 15k baht a day

Gillhams resort in krabi is the best place to fish in thai. Allot of different species and they have a few world record fish in thare. I went giant stingray fishing on the Mae-klong river in petchaburi last week. Didn't manage to catch but was a good experience bit expensive tho 15k baht a day

Wow 15k a day is a big price to pay, but one of those big rays would make it all worth it!

I have looked at Gillhams resort, also John Wilsons place at Chumphon, IT monsters too.

Many great venues to look at over there, I do plan on trying a couple of them one day!

Bill

Wow 15k a day is a big price to pay, but one of those big rays would make it all worth it!

I have looked at Gillhams resort, also John Wilsons place at Chumphon, IT monsters too.

Many great venues to look at over there, I do plan on trying a couple of them one day!

Bill

get ur self to gillhams for a week bill. Not cheap but if you put the effort in the rewards are thare.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not go to jurassic park in cha am its expensive .. I fished there for 5 days and had 2 fish , not worth £ 450 

Do not go to jurassic park in cha am its expensive .. I fished there for 5 days and had 2 fish , not worth £ 450 

Cheers matey!

Was considering looking at that! but will now cross it off my list!

Bill

Archived