IGNORED

Areca Lodge question?

Redfield10

Damn, I looked two days ago and a super deluxe was available in the Evergreen section at Areca for 13 nights fron Nov 21, check out Dec 5. Now it's not. I'd still like to stay there but I remember the two upper sections (Areca and Corona) one can hear bar music etc all night. Can anyone tell me a good alternative I'd the Evergreen section is full? What are the pool view rooms like in the other sections?

I'm particularly wanting quiet!!

Thanks for the advice.

I stayed pool view in Areca tower and I think I only heard music one night during my stay. I am a very light sleeper and it was quite nice.

Thanks for the info. First time I stayed there I heard bar music but that was years ago and I don't remember which tower it was but AI think it was poolside. It generally stay in Evergreen.

Have stayed at Areca up until last 2 trips always in Evergreen, first problem became the extensive build program by Tulip next door almost adjoining, have never stayed poolside but Areca profile has changed over the last couple of years, couple of years ago it was a"tour" hotel the facilities like the 2 pools and Gyms were not used (and the restaurants), it is now sold as a "resort" hotel so the facilities are used much more, particularly the pools. It may be xenophobic but there appeared to be an increasing use of "east Europeans" particularly families who use it as a "resort" hotel and could be noisy at most times of the day. I now stay nearby in what is classed as a guest house for a quarter of the price, yes no Gyms or swimming pools but modern clean excellent service and the rooms although not as big as a "super deluxe" in Evergreen, that extra 1.5K THB saved each day means extra fun.

Do you mind sharing which guest house? ;)

I thought Evergreen wing to far from the entrance , my deluxe room small no proper shower cubicle , wifi useless , shower in the bath tub sucked , less such a wonderful hotel than some reviews had hinted at , breakfast very average reception gals miserable bitches both  , I looked at the two LK hotels nearly opposite very nice , I think either of these would be better for me on my next trip with no regret moving on and up from Erica Lodge ..

I have tried to get a room at Areca in Nov and all is booked. Tried their website and Agoda and Booking.

It think the Super Deluxe Rooms in Evergreen section are gone but there's plenty of other rooms for most of Nov....cept the Nov 1 . I 'm just not that crazy about any section other than Evergreen because of the possible bar noise from next door. Plenty of other options in Pattaya though.

November 1st weekend is the annual Ladyboy Water Volleyball tournament.

They had majority of the hotel last year for the weekend

November 1st weekend is the annual Ladyboy Water Volleyball tournament.

They had majority of the hotel last year for the weekend

Damm those LB Lovers. Well that certainly explains why it was booked solid

I have tried to get a room at Areca in Nov and all is booked. Tried their website and Agoda and Booking.

No great surprise. Areca has shot back to the top of the "most booked hotels" list since they removed the rather silly over 20 only rule.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Well, the 20 thing is both a blessing and a curse since I like Areca but 20 is low enough for me. ;)

Reluctantly I will tell its www.boomerangpattaya.com , reluctant because it is small only about 8 rooms and they are getting harder to book, the place is getting  many repeat bookings from a regular client base and has been open less than a year, myself I'm booked for Nov and March next year.

Reluctantly I will tell its www.boomerangpattaya.com , reluctant because it is small only about 8 rooms and they are getting harder to book, the place is getting  many repeat bookings from a regular client base and has been open less than a year, myself I'm booked for Nov and March next year.

Thanks. I will try and stay away!!

Thanks. I will try and stay away!!

Your welcome and you would be welcomed by Michael, Tina and the staff, I am just being a bit selfish, we all have different aspirations for accommodation, this may not fit your requirements at all, if you had asked me 15 trips ago if I would stay in a place like this, I would have laughed but the "addiction" changes your views, tastes and needs in all aspects unless your disposable income is limitless. 

Archived