IGNORED

How to rent a car/SUV for 1 week?

ringadingding

I was looking to rent a big size car or SUV in Nov-14 to visit some friends in Surin in November and then go to Khao Yai.

I am sure there are car rental services for 1+ week of rental.

Can anyone recommend a reliable one?

I will be travelling between provinces. Do I have to leave my passport with them? 

Go for one of the big companies (Hertz, Avis, whatever) to be sure you get an actual contract, where you can read the insurance terms... Go for full insurance, don't save the last 200 baht a day.

Never leave your passport with anybody... Big no no!

I agree with bek.

Take full insurance . I got caught out in Australia when some cnut keyed my car. I got hit with 2500 insurance excess when leaving the car back. They gave me 800 back after a few months because I owned up straight away.

Get the car from the airport or big car hire firms. Quick google search will give you the nearest locations

Westie

Thanks guys. All sorted. Thanks to Martin aka mpm

• 2 months later...

I agree with bek.

Take full insurance . I got caught out in Australia when some cnut keyed my car. I got hit with 2500 insurance excess when leaving the car back. They gave me 800 back after a few months because I owned up straight away.

Get the car from the airport or big car hire firms. Quick google search will give you the nearest locations

Westie

Check your travel insurance. My last trip the travel insurance covers up to $4000 aud excess claim for rental hire. 

The travel insurance excess is 0.        The site was called insure and go one word.  

• 3 weeks later...

Can second that, if you need a big vehicle, mpm's are excellent and he's a good bloke. 

Or if you want a smaller car, I can highly recommend Hertz in North Pattaya. Hired a late model Honda Civic through them recently, the car did have 100,000 kms on it, but it was in excellent condition and drove really nice. They even delivered it to the other side of Pattaya for me and picked it up when I was done. All for about 1,000 baht a day on a 4 day hire. The best part of all, some fuckstick whacked the boot and there was a big ding in it. When the lady came to pick it up, I pointed it out to her and said look, this happened while I had the car, what will it cost me? She looked at me like I was an idiot and said "Don't worry about that, won't cost you anything!" hahaha Was I happy? You betcha! 

Archived