IGNORED

Spanish ATM skimmer scammer arrested by Police in Pattaya

Pattaya One

On Monday morning, the Region 2 Police Commissioner, announced the arrest of a 56 year old Spanish National, who was caught with a skimmer and over 1,000 ATM cards. The suspect, Mr. Fernando Manuel...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]YQwsJ7humN0

View the full article

Fucker. I hate these bastards. Should do like the Arabs and cut the hands off these dudes.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Yes, I was done for 40K baht by them.

Bank. (Kasikorn) was useless. Cops not much better.

I am usually nit a violent man, but get very angry at that memory, start thinking of lynch mobs...

Are you saying the Bank didn't cover the scam?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

Thai banks are not like banks in the west if you fall victim to a scam through no fault of your own you are on your own

Thai banks are not like banks in the west if you fall victim to a scam through no fault of your own you are on your own

Good point especially when many here advocate opening a local bank account

I was scammed out of Gbp 1k on my UK debit card once in bkk...someone got hold of the card and the pin(long story)....anyway bank refunded the cash 1 week later after I signed a forme stating I was not defrauding the bank! Took 2 straightforward phonecalls to get it sorted

I only use ATMs attached to banks. Never use the ones outside 7s or in small sois.

I only use ATMs attached to banks. Never use the ones outside 7s or in small sois.

good idea but i suppose most of use are to lazy or too busy to bother i think i am going to try to only use the ones at the bank

Good point especially when many here advocate opening a local bank account

I was scammed out of Gbp 1k on my UK debit card once in bkk...someone got hold of the card and the pin(long story)....anyway bank refunded the cash 1 week later after I signed a forme stating I was not defrauding the bank! Took 2 straightforward phonecalls to get it sorted

A few years back

My credit card was skimmed by a hotel receptionist in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok

Over £10,000 worth of goods were purchased in New Zealand on the skimmed card

My UK bank refunded me in full after investigations

I know the card was skimmed by the hotel receptionist because I only ever used the card once

To pay my hotel bill

If this had been a Thai bank

It would have cost me 10 grand

Fucker. I hate these bastards. Should do like the Arabs and cut the hands off these dudes.

hands and balls would be removed with a blunt instrument... MOFOs!!  

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Re. opening bank accounts in LOS and being vulnerable to ATM skimmers.

You need to protect yourself. I have 1 account that is used to satisfy my annual retirement visa requirements. It's a fixed term deposit. I don't have an ATM card for it. No fucker can get into that account from the street. There's a serious amount in that account but as far as I'm concerned it's safe and secure.

Then I have a couple other day-to-day accounts and I never have large sums in these accounts. I take precautions like I said above (only use ATMs attached to banks) but if anyone compromised those accounts in any way I wouldn't lose that much...30,000BT...for example. I wouldn't like to lose 30K THB but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

As for CCs..fuck em...real men deal in cash.

I don't know why it's so hard to design an ATM slot that cannot have a skimmer attached to it, without the machine detecting it. Or even designing the slot to make it really obvious if something has been tacked on top, like some thin metal bars running in parallel across the top and bottom of the slot, the entire length of the machine (showing what the slot opening should be parallel to) - it would be pretty obvious if a skimmer was placed on top of that, as it would break the continuity.

I don't know why it's so hard to design an ATM slot that cannot have a skimmer attached to it, without the machine detecting it. Or even designing the slot to make it really obvious if something has been tacked on top, like some thin metal bars running in parallel across the top and bottom of the slot, the entire length of the machine (showing what the slot opening should be parallel to) - it would be pretty obvious if a skimmer was placed on top of that, as it would break the continuity.

the skimmer thieves are ingenious...

I used a card two trips ago at the bbq place in central festival, next day a fraudulent charge was attempted, but never completed by the card company...  paypal debit card actually...  showed up as a pending transaction but never went further...

that bbq place in central festival was the only place I used the card...

Archived