Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

GOOD NEWS Visa Exemption Extended To 30 Days

misteregg

Tonight there is breaking news from a reliable forum and Bangkok journalist that visa exemptions will be extended to 30 days instead of the 7 Thailand have now.

Whilst I'm no expert, I think this means you can extend your 30 day visa for another 30 days for 1,900 baht at Immigration. No need to do a visa run (which you can't do any more anyway).

This all starts on August 29th of this year.

Check The Nation and Bangkok Post websites for more information.

This is good news for all tourists, as they can now stay for 60 days uninterrupted ( apart from a trip to Jomtien )

It is clear that the NCPO are trying to help tourism and only trying to crack down on those foreigners staying long periods and possibly working illegally.

Glad I can bring you this good news.

Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Thanks for the update , sound good !!!

Tonight there is breaking news from a reliable forum and Bangkok journalist that visa exemptions will be extended to 30 days instead of the 7 Thailand have now.

Whilst I'm no expert, I think this means you can extend your 30 day visa for another 30 days for 1,900 baht at Immigration. No need to do a visa run (which you can't do any more anyway).

Your first sentence is incorrect, but your second is correct.   :GoldenSmile1:

As I already pasted it in the other 2 visa threads earlier..........

Panic over (for some)?????

GOOD NEWS FROM THAI IMMIGRATION

Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau has announced that of August 29. 2014 you will be able to extend your visa exemption period whilst you're in Thailand by 30 days, instead of the current 7 days, giving a total visa-exemption stay of 60 days.  The fee for extension of stay is 1,900 Baht (unchanged).

Currently, a visa exemption entry can be extended by 7 days at your nearest Immigration office. From August 29th, it can be extended by 30 days. In effect, you can be in the country without a visa for 60 days.

Also - the Commander of Immigration has removed the proposed lifetime ban for overstaying 10 years. Thaivisa will publish the new, more lenient rules shortly.

The Immigration Commander has also stated that immigration are working to ensure that the new rules are being standardized at both immigration checkpoints and immigration offices nationwide.  

If you are traveling on visa-exempt or with a tourist visa, bring these documents for your extension:

1. Your onward flight ticket or eTicket out of Thailand within the 30 days

2. Minimum 10,000 Baht, or rather 20,000 Baht

3. Hotel booking confirmation - and if you have it, your itinerary

4. One photo, passport sized.

5. Application fee, 1,900 Baht

It is not clear whether after 29th August this will still be an automatic refusal stamp with 30 days to leave, or whether the procedure will be changed and you will instead be granted an extension of 30 days.

Thaivisa News thanks the Immigration HQ in Bangkok for these updates. We are expecting more updates in the coming days and weeks. Thaivisa News is due to meet up with the Immigration Commander and his staff next week for a longer interview. Watch this space and subscribe to our newsletter for the latest Immigration updates.

In addition to Thaivisa was able to get this info confirmed direct with the Immigration Bureau, we also thank Thaivisa member and freelance journalist Scott Mallon in Bangkok for supplying us with this video explaining the news in Youtube video format:

The question of evidence of onward travel within 30 days before being allowed to board hasn't yet been clarified.   If it isn't, for UK-based guys at least, you're still better off with a 25 quid 60 day tourist visa - no trip to Jomtien, no need to have evidence of an onward flight, and no 1,900 Baht fee to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

The question of evidence of onward travel within 30 days before being allowed to board hasn't yet been clarified.   If it isn't, for UK-based guys at least, you're still better off with a 25 quid 60 day tourist visa - no trip to Jomtien, no need to have evidence of an onward flight, and no 1,900 Baht fee to pay.

You right m8 :GoldenSmile1:

IMHO

It is still better to get a tourist visa from a consulate in UK. ( hassle free)

25 quid VS 1.900 baht (35 quid :What: )

You right m8 :GoldenSmile1:

IMHO

It is still better to get a tourist visa from a consulate in UK. ( hassle free)

25 quid VS 1.900 baht (35 quid :What: )

£25 + £10 return postage plus your own forwarding postage, either tracking or recorded delivery.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

From that "reliable forum" we have this :-

That is the new procedure. Re-entry visa thing must be their equivalent of out/in. From their guidelines..

The alien must not enter the Kingdom by exploiting 30-day visa exemptions undertaking method “in-out” or called by foreigners as “Visa run”. Aliens use the advantage of Tourist Visa Exemption by leaving Thailand and returning immediately for the purpose of extending their stay, which is considered from the tourism point of view to be longer than necessary and not in line with the purpose permitted while entering country.

£25 + £10 return postage plus your own forwarding postage, either tracking or recorded delivery.

I went to the London Embassy in person to get the TV :GoldenSmile1:

LONDON 1a.jpg

I went to the London Embassy in person to get the TV :GoldenSmile1:

attachicon.gifLONDON 1a.jpg

55 Did you get to meet the Queen?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

55 Did you get to meet the Queen?

:LOL2:

Too busy mate,too busy,  I just don't have time to date. :Drunk::BJ4::Beer2::BJ3::Party3:

29th of this month is said to begin

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived