IGNORED

Boomerang Guesthouse review - great place to stay

PUINSAI

I haven't posted anything in a while but I was impressed enough with my stay at the boomerang guesthouse that I wanted to post a review. I made a last minute booking to Pattaya so I was only able to get a reservation at Boomerang for the first 4 days of my 2 week trip. In hindsight, I wish I had booked earlier so I could have stayed at Boomerang longer. I stayed in one of the large rooms (B1) with the balcony, since I am a smoker. All of the rooms are non-smoking, but smoking is allowed on the balconys. The rooms are clean and modern. And most important, the bed is COMFORTABLE. not the normal rock hard mattresses you have in patts. I also liked that the room had a larger fridge, and wasn't stocked, so I didn't have to worry about the ladys raiding the fridge and racking up my bill. Another great thing about Boomerang is that they use a door tag system for room cleaning. So this way, I didn't have to worry about the room cleaner knocking on the door at 11 am to see if I needed the room cleaned. They wouldn't try to clean the room unless you leave the green tag on your door. I prefer this system since I don't have to worry about getting woken up early or someone knocking on the door in the middle of having sex.

They also have on site laundry service, and I was able to drop off my laundry in the afternoon and it was done later that evening (not sure if same day service is normal at boomerang, they may have tried to rush it for me since I was checking out the next day).

The location is on a new soi, near the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhow, next to Soi 15. Close enough to walk to LK Metro, and can get a baht bus on Buakhow to get to Walking Street.

Here is a link to the boomerang website, you can contact Michael the owner via their webpage and also see accurate pictures of the rooms. http://boomerangpattaya.com/. I always got a response from Michael within 24 hours when I was trying to setup my reservation with him.

Nice to hear, they were on my short list my last 2 trps. I stay longer so like a one bedroom, so I am staying next door.

I have also heard that they have very comfortable beds.

Lets face it, a room is all about the sleep. Good to hear they didn't skimp on poor mattresses.

See you in January, as I will stop by for a beer or 2.

I'm booked in here for 1st of August. Thanks for your review!

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

I keep threatening not to post good reviews for Boomerang guest house because it is getting harder to book the rooms and I told Michael that when I booked for next March, I arrive for my second stay on 01.08.14, already booked for November and could not get first choice room, have now already booked for March 2015 and managed to get room of choice. Michael is a very nice guy and very accommodating but do not forget Tina and the staff, they were brilliant during my stay last Feb/Mar, I also agree about the laundry, I had always used the same laundry in Soi Honey for the 6 years of my trips but given the standard and cost of my last trips use of their laundry service, that's now changed. 

Nice review.  Like many others, I'm also booked to stay here on my next trip to Pattaya.

Yes agree with everything else said about this guesthouse. I have booked for Feb and September of 2015.

• 3 weeks later...
I lived here for a month in July. I've lived in all sorts of accommodations in Thailand during my 17 trips, but this was my first Guest House. 

1C The room I stayed in was large and spacious. Cleaning is one of the best I have experienced in Thailand. 

Can really recomend if you have no need of a lift.

A couple of items:

1. As you may have seen in the event calender we will be showing the Aus v NZ Rugby match this Saturday with free sausage sandwiches.

2. We have had a cancellation and now have one of our Big rooms (B1) available from the 12th September to 30th October so get in early.

I thought I'd add my review now I've returned to Australia. Sorry op don't mean to hijack your thread, but thought it easier for readers if they're in one place.

I arrived earlier than the agreed 11am and the place was shut. No problem as it was my mis-calculation that caused this :) Eventually got into my room (B2) and was pleasantly surprised.

Room: Smallish but not claustrophobic with quiet aircon.

Bed: Excellent linen and a good mattress (Often hard to find in Pattaya)! I slept like a baby.

Bathroom: All new and they obviously used non-slip tiles unlike other places I've stayed where I nearly broke my back slipping. Monsoon and regular shower-head.

Staff: Michael and Tina are great very helpful, Tina was great helping explain to my Thai driver where to find us.

Overall: Great place to stay small, cozy and secure. Bar area is nice, new and clean with a good pool table and the place is great value for money.

I give this place a 10 out of 10. I'll certainly use again.

All the best Michael. Regards, Ian

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

As the small rooms are 25sm (per the website), & A2/B2 are the next step up from a small room, I'm surprised that it seemed smallish ?.

Just wondering because I've booked B2 for my next trip

Can people please stop write good reviews about this place! The last two trips it was always full booked when wanted to stay there....

I wish I could write a bad review about Boomerang because as I posted before, it is getting more difficult to book, I have just returned from a short 10 day stay and again can only praise Michael, Tina and the staff (my apologies for not knowing their names) I was lucky enough to get a bigger room this trip and will be in a smaller room next trip but with the service/friendship you get I am happy with that. I will in future be booking well in advance as the larger rooms are great and excellent value for money, as all the rooms are in fact. Bugger I should say this is a horrible place to stay!

All the best to Michael, Tina and all at Boomerang.

Where exactly is the hotel located? I looked for it on google earth and can't seem to find it.

How far is it from 18 coins?

exit 18 coins, turn right along buakoaw go past the motorcy shop take next available soi on the right with asia backpackers on the corner, 50 mtrs down on the right hand side. maybe 3 mins walk if that

exit 18 coins, turn right along buakoaw go past the motorcy shop take next available soi on the right with asia backpackers on the corner, 50 mtrs down on the right hand side. maybe 3 mins walk if that

Sounds good. I'm either choosing this place or Robins Nest.

Sounds good. I'm either choosing this place or Robins Nest.

took these today.

first 3 from the same camera position........

AUG 20 123_800x434.jpg

18 coins

AUG 20 124_800x461.jpg

past the motorcy shop

AUG 20 125_800x421.jpg

turn right at the asia backpackers place

AUG 20 127_800x431.jpg

there it is at the end on the right hand side

AUG 20 126_800x431.jpg

took these today.

first 3 from the same camera position........

AUG 20 123_800x434.jpg

18 coins

AUG 20 124_800x461.jpg

past the motorcy shop

AUG 20 125_800x421.jpg

turn right at the asia backpackers place

AUG 20 127_800x431.jpg

there it is at the end on the right hand side

AUG 20 126_800x431.jpg

Cool thanks for the help.

Is that near the back entrance to the avenue centre?

not far.

there is another exit to the soi opposite the boomerang at 90 deg to pic 4.

that comes out on Soi 15 and it is a short walk to the Avenue

Stayed there also, great rooms and location...

But there's big construction going on in their back yard. The guest house next door was also doing construction work. The noise was sometimes unbearable and I'm a deep sleeper. But in my understanding that construction work is finished now.

am back in january cannot wait great place to stay mike and the team are great seems you have to book quite a bit in advance as my first choice of room was not availible,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stayed there also, great rooms and location...

But there's big construction going on in their back yard. The guest house next door was also doing construction work. The noise was sometimes unbearable and I'm a deep sleeper. But in my understanding that construction work is finished now.

Yes all that construction noise has stopped :GoldenSmile1:

Archived