Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Any must visit restaurants while in Pattaya?

Heading to Pattaya for the first time in a few weeks. I didn't see any threads on MUST GO restaurants. Any one have some recommendations, or some spots that a first timer won't want to miss out on.  I love all  food, but am definitely biased towards Seafood.

I'd judge on 3 categories

1. Quality

2. Quantity

3. Price

Let's here some of your favorites and the types of food!?

I just look for food which is tasty and doesn't give me the shits :)

The nearest I can get to a "must go" reastaurant is Leng Kee.

It's on the corner of Central Pattaya Road and Soi Buakhau.

Good Thai Chinese grub very reasonably priced and clean.

Some of the BM's may think I am crazy, but I love Pattaya Beer Garden.  

They have a great selection of just about every Thai dish at a reasonable cost.  I also like the atmosphere.  Not a great place if you are looking for a romantic 5 star restaurant but definitely worth a look on an off night going solo or taking a date after you have been a few other places.

I actually love to go here to ensure i get a good meal before I go out and get my drunk on.

To the OP.........seafood can be expensive in Thailand(why I don't know.) The seafood place where you walk into the back onto

a pier  on Walking Street is VERY good and VERY expensive.

Try Rasputin for Russian on Walking Street..............Zaika for Indian on Second Road

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Patrick the Belgian at Soi Diana has its quality and Quantity at its best , the prices is very reasonable , they have a special menu everyday at special price .

The best meal in town is at the Hilton for their lunch buffet. 500-600 baht so as you would expect it is expensive. But the food is superb and a wide variety of desserts. Each day during the week is different. I like Fridays for the seafood and turkey.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

For seafood I'd say Mum Aroi on 3rd Road or Lung Sawai at the end of Jomtien Beach Road, great food and good prices. For other food Beefeater, Cafe Des Amis, Bruno's, Gian's and Mantra to name a few.

For seafood I'd say Mum Aroi on 3rd Road or Lung Sawai at the end of Jomtien Beach Road, great food and good prices. For other food Beefeater, Cafe Des Amis, Bruno's, Gian's and Mantra to name a few.

Oh and I forgot Blue Olive, great place too.

Can't remember the name of restaurant near cozy beach near Jomtien , lovely duck on pic below , it was my first and only visit last January . Must go back for several visits this December . Very good Duck , very hard to find a place that gives a good duck. Will find out the name of restaurant and soi later .image.jpg

jocky king this duck is very unique...I have never seen a duck served with potatoes and cabbage in pattaya...I hope u can remember the restaurants name

jocky king this duck is very unique...I have never seen a duck served with potatoes and cabbage in pattaya...I hope u can remember the restaurants name

Found the name from a mate , Sheema Soi Nine . Not on beach rd , up in Pratumnak hill near Jomtien .

image.jpg

Tin cup soi Buakhow opposite Sugar Sugar- best dish Tom Yam Khung :GoldenSmile1: -and it won,t hit the pocket hard.

Some of the BM's may think I am crazy, but I love Pattaya Beer Garden.  

They have a great selection of just about every Thai dish at a reasonable cost.  I also like the atmosphere.  Not a great place if you are looking for a romantic 5 star restaurant but definitely worth a look on an off night going solo or taking a date after you have been a few other places.

I actually love to go here to ensure i get a good meal before I go out and get my drunk on.

I think I'm crazy too 55555

If you have transport and want superb seafood cuisine at a reasonable price and lovely surroundings try Preecha Seafood (it's on tripadvisor.) 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g612389-d1491544-Reviews-Preecha_Seafood_Restaurant-Sattahip_Chonburi_Province.html

its about 10-15 minutes drive south in Sattahip and really good for a lunchtime visit.

A friendly bar owner and his GF took me and my TGF there and I was not disappointed, it has lots of tanks with seafood you can pick (pricey) or an a la carte menu which is perfect for a seafood lover.

Oh and I forgot Blue Olive, great place too.

sadly the owner chef passed away recently.   :o

I just look for food which is tasty and doesn't give me the shits :)

The nearest I can get to a "must go" reastaurant is Leng Kee.

It's on the corner of Central Pattaya Road and Soi Buakhau.

Good Thai Chinese grub very reasonably priced and clean.

just spend 3 days on the hong nam after eating some oysters at leng kee

just spend 3 days on the hong nam after eating some oysters at leng kee

I'm not a fan of this place.  Over rated in my opinion.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The best for me are, Hilton lunch buffets, domicil austrian/german, the newer one by pattaya memorial hospital, ali barba ? Indian,globetrotters swedish, lone star, for ribs, friar tucks? Fish and chips.patricks, nr diana, fuji, zen japanese.

of course everyone will have a different choice, there are just somany good restaurants in pattaya, even in the shopping malls, I suppose it all depends on your budget

Prajanban, Pattaya Klang opposite foodland has very good and inexpensive Thai food. Airconditioned room available, big garden with many tables in the back, most lively in the evening.

mobiel

sadly the owner chef passed away recently.   :o

Yes, Ray, good guy, may he rest in peace. Blue Olive and the other guys are still there though and the food is still good.

Yes, Ray, good guy, may he rest in peace. Blue Olive and the other guys are still there though and the food is still good.

That is good to know the place is still there.  I haven't been in Thailand since (I guess his name was Ray) passed away.  I met him twice when I ate there and he was a nice guy.  Food was (is?) awesome.  Biggest complaint about the place is the damn SIGN out front is a deathtrap.  My mate banged his head into it and it is placed at a bad location.  Especially or a place selling booze.  

That is good to know the place is still there.  I haven't been in Thailand since (I guess his name was Ray) passed away.  I met him twice when I ate there and he was a nice guy.  Food was (is?) awesome.  Biggest complaint about the place is the damn SIGN out front is a deathtrap.  My mate banged his head into it and it is placed at a bad location.  Especially or a place selling booze.  

Agree about the sign, I've done that too. They've put plants there presumably to stop people walking there and doing that but it was while I was busy looking at the ground trying to avoid tripping on them I hit the sign instead. Difficult as well as it's just as you're coming from the lit up area and going into the dark.

Archived