IGNORED

any gym teach crash course of MUAY THAI for 7 days in pattaya?

i_love_3somes

how is WKO gym?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not closed. I trained there a week ago or less.

http://twintigermuaythai.com

please share ur experience here

At Twin Tiger, located in the infamous Third Road, you can come and go whenever you want within their opening hours which I think is 8am to 8pm IIRC. There are always two instructors there. The whole session including the warmup was very short, less than an hour. But after the lesson with instructor is over you can stay there and train for yourself as long as you want. After training I got free soap and shampoo so I could take a shower. The positive about this is that is gives you a lot of freedom and flexibility regarding training time, but I wouldn't recommend it for a "crash course" because of the short lessons with instructor. I believe this is the same gym as Tony's Muay Thai Gym, but someone else on this board can hopefully confirm this.

WP_20140723_009.jpgWP_20140723_005.jpg

At Twin Tiger, located in the infamous Third Road, you can come and go whenever you want within their opening hours which I think is 8am to 8pm IIRC. There are always two instructors there. The whole session including the warmup was very short, less than an hour. But after the lesson with instructor is over you can stay there and train for yourself as long as you want. After training I got free soap and shampoo so I could take a shower. The positive about this is that is gives you a lot of freedom and flexibility regarding training time, but I wouldn't recommend it for a "crash course" because of the short lessons with instructor. I believe this is the same gym as Tony's Muay Thai Gym, but someone else on this board can hopefully confirm this.

attachicon.gifWP_20140723_009.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20140723_005.jpg

the gym looks empty and decent . good for me :)

It was not empty, even though you cant see any people on these photos, there were 5 other people there at the time I was there. It's the same for all Gyms - sometimes they can be packed of people, another time you come you might be the only one.

ok DB. thanks

if you are only there for a week any gym will do

more so if you are brand new

you will get what you are looking for

unless you were spending a good amount of time at a gym then quality of trainers would be a concern

(mind you all the Thais are good, just a matter of how good)

a week you ll learn get pad work, technique ect.. if you want more you can pay for  1 on 1 with a trainer of your liking

some Gyms will have rookies/med/vets/pro fighters in different areas

after your training go watch the higher levels, and if you like ask one of the trainers in those areas to give you a private

yes i m looking for one on one .

dont mind speding 300b every sessions .

250-500 baht is for one session (usually 2 hours) at any gym with instructor. If you want to, you can get a private session for 1200-3300 baht per hour. I don't believe it's worth it, but up to you.

250-500 baht is for one session (usually 2 hours) at any gym with instructor. If you want to, you can get a private session for 1200-3300 baht per hour. I don't believe it's worth it, but up to you.

whats the difference in both . i can see the rate is high in the latter

Are you in Pattaya yet? Haven you been to a gym yet? Unless you shit baht and have some very special needs, don't bother about the overpriced private sessions, 

Just get your ass to a good gym like Nalinchareonleod, Cho. Nateetong or Sor Klinmee and a skilled instructor will take care of you.

depends on the trainer

many of them will try to rope you in with a 1 on 1 with them as its the best way of making themselves money

Ive seen some do the same combos they would call in a class setting

Ive seen some ask what the person wants to work on and do that

if you are insistant on doing 1 on 1 spend some time watching the 1 on 1 as they are always before or after a class

I picked up many useful techniques on my 1 on 1

they are more expensive but with the right trainer I found it worth it

I have attended five different Gyms in Thailand, and in all of them, a trainer was holding pads and asked me do various kicks and punches while correcting my techniques. That was only me and him in the ring then. What would a 3000 baht private hour give a beginner that a normal session wouldn't give me? Hold the pads for another 20-60 minutes? Give me even more corrections? Revealing some secret tips? Asking me to do even more pushups and situps? Asking for far more money?

I guess it is a difference whether if you are a beginner or have reached a certain level. Can't see it will be worth it for a beginner.

If you are a beginner or not in a great shape, 30 minute will be more then enough for you.

3 minutes in the ring feels like 45 minutes..

depends on the trainer

3000 baht for a private??? I got mine for 1000-1500 at all the Gyms Ive been too

( I was in Phuket/Bangkok for all my training)

I always looked for trainers with a strong clinch game (clinch day is a great day for this)

as a begginer he probably wont gain much but the experience is different then the class room setting

Just reading on Fairtex' website

Private lessons are 1,200baht per hour

Private lessons are also available with our champion fighters for 3,300baht per hour

For 3300 I guess he will gain more from taking 11 standard lessons.

• 3 months later...

Not sure if a crash lesson is good to get some results. According to my experience it can take some months to make the kicks correct and effective.

I've been to a few Gyms here in Pattaya. Always the same, get in the ring, Thai pads for 3 rounds, focus mits for 2 rounds. The trainers call out the punches and kicks they want you to do, make you work on blocks and counters, etc. Some will spar with you some will ask for a little extra money to spar. Usually 300 baht does the trick

A little off topic but are there any Gyms within walking distance to soi 13 where I can pay a daily or weekly rate to use the weights and cardio. I've been on a fitness kick lately and been dropping weight like crazy. I'd like to continue hitting the gym for an hour or 2 a day while there on vacation.

-Stay Classy PA

IMHO there is no crash course. You signup and start training to even begin to learn the basics will take 6 month. Shit after bout a year you only than have the knowledge to understand how not good you are compared to everyone else. Mane thing is don't quit and keep training. After the first year it begins to get fun in the sense that you start seeing it as a game not just swinging and kicking and just going through the movements.

If you do 1 on 1 training than you can beginning to know the above in about 3 month IF THE PERSON YOUR GETTING PRIVATES FROM is legitimate.

Just start the training you will love it.

• 4 months later...

IMHO there is no crash course. You signup and start training to even begin to learn the basics will take 6 month. Shit after bout a year you only than have the knowledge to understand how not good you are compared to everyone else. Mane thing is don't quit and keep training. After the first year it begins to get fun in the sense that you start seeing it as a game not just swinging and kicking and just going through the movements.

If you do 1 on 1 training than you can beginning to know the above in about 3 month IF THE PERSON YOUR GETTING PRIVATES FROM is legitimate.

Just start the training you will love it.

that's a typical 'arc' of martial arts learning, it takes time to just get a feel and understanding for basics, typically a year or so during which you develop really quickly, after that it's the next 20 years of relearning the basics and improving in bits and pieces....

7 days simply isn't long enough time to learn anything.. if it's OP's first time, he will be lucky to fit in 2 sessions.. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but i going to pattaya for about 3 weeks in November or December and i want to have a great mix holiday with a lot of Muay Thai and i was hoping to get what are the top choices for that im look for a lot of 1 on 1 time with a good trainer im look at twin tiger because that is the nearest to me but don't know the quality of training. 

Archived