IGNORED

any gym teach crash course of MUAY THAI for 7 days in pattaya?

i_love_3somes

hey guys

i will be in pattaya  next month for 7 days . then will travel bkk etc

i was wondering if any places that teach a crash course in Muay Thai basics . like how to punch/kick a bag  and some pad work

i want to learn this

as i want to add Muay Thai for my cardio activity  when at my gym

btw im a bodybuilder and into weight  training

so after many years of mongering in pattaya , i thought i could learn some thing new  :D

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Sport Tenerife on Facebook. Personal training.

thanks hector

i just sent him a PM

Fairtex .

does fairtex offer  daily training?

Another Facebook page you could look at is Andrea Jomtiensauna. It's more than just the best sauna in pattaya and I am sure that if the owner can't help you himself he will know someone who can. Good luck.

I forgot to say he has a link to a gym called Golden Glory.

oh golden glory yes i knw that place one of my friend who does MMA frequently comes down from UK to train there.

last year alstair overeem was there too.

he recommended me to train with WAN the trainer.

but dint make it due to my late nights :D

and i feel that place too professional. for a rookie like me .lol

Met the guy who run this gym in a gogo. He noticed I was a weight lifter also. Invited me to come by his gym and train. Real nice guy. Said no one will hit me if I don't want since I don't know how to Thai box. Anyways if u try this one let me know how it went. I did not have time as I was nearing the end of my trip when I met him.

Tried to cut and paste but wont let me. Type in Twin Tiger Pattaya.

oh golden glory yes i knw that place one of my friend who does MMA frequently comes down from UK to train there.

last year alstair overeem was there too.

he recommended me to train with WAN the trainer.

but dint make it due to my late nights :D

and i feel that place too professional. for a rookie like me .lol

I think Alister is one of the owners . Lot of K1 guys training there before they go to japan .

had a look thru twin tiger website

1 session with trainer 300b

same session with sports teniriefe 400B

now having  a look at golden glory

the rates seem fine

just wondering which is good for rookies

Another Facebook page you could look at is Andrea Jomtiensauna. It's more than just the best sauna in pattaya and I am sure that if the owner can't help you himself he will know someone who can. Good luck.

Hey hector , thanks for ur help .

Had a chat with andrea and he seems a helpful guy . Hes called me over to GG.

Also had a chat with GG they charge 300b private session. So thats kool too.

Whichever one you go with they will want your business and your future business and your recommendations to others and so will adapt to your needs. Personal training means exactly that. I understand that on a short visit you can't afford the time to look around. Just remember there are other ways of getting knackered and shagged out in pattaya. Maybe book your sessions for mid to late afternoons. Hahaha. But good luck and let us know what you have done so others can get up to date information. Thanks.

Whichever one you go with they will want your business and your future business and your recommendations to others and so will adapt to your needs. Personal training means exactly that. I understand that on a short visit you can't afford the time to look around. Just remember there are other ways of getting knackered and shagged out in pattaya. Maybe book your sessions for mid to late afternoons. Hahaha. But good luck and let us know what you have done so others can get up to date information. Thanks.

thanks agina

will sure update here

Fairtex has daily 'group' classes or you can hire a private trainer ... the best way to learn quickly, one on one. The Pattaya facility trains the world champion Yodsenklai.

Fairtex has daily 'group' classes or you can hire a private trainer ... the best way to learn quickly, one on one. The Pattaya facility trains the world champion Yodsenklai.

yes im looking for one on one only.

lets see in touch with as recommended by bms

hey guys

i will be in pattaya  next month for 7 days . then will travel bkk etc

i was wondering if any places that teach a crash course in MUAY THAI basics . like how to punch/kick a bag  and some pad work

i want to learn this

as i want to add muay thai for my cardio activity  when at my gym

btw im a bodybuilder and into weight  training

so after many years of mongering in pattaya , i thought i could learn some thing new  :D

thanks

This Gym trains across the board from Muay Thai champions through MMA fighters right down to my lass. They are not a playground and my lass has improved immensely from a physical standpoint since she started going there.

http://www.siamfightmag.com/en/muaythai-en/reports-en/camps-muaythai-en/pattaya-region/520-the-team-nikiema-muay-thai-academy excellent people and reasonable rates.

This Gym trains across the board from Muay Thai champions through MMA fighters right down to my lass. They are not a playground and my lass has improved immensely from a physical standpoint since she started going there.

http://www.siamfightmag.com/en/muaythai-en/reports-en/camps-muaythai-en/pattaya-region/520-the-team-nikiema-muay-thai-academy excellent people and reasonable rates.

if the boss has recommended . i will sure look.

i will be in DD too again this time like always :)

For a "crash course" you can go to virtually any gym. Many Gyms have training lessons both in the morning and in the afternoon 6 days a week and it's up to you how dedicated you are. You can drop in once a week or you can leave your beer and go all in for it. One lesson with instructor is usually 3-500 baht. At some Gyms you can train for like 100 baht without trainer.

Fairtex is perhaps the best known, is clean and modern and well equipped. But it has bad reputation of being a McDojo (money machine gym), trainers not caring for new students and overpriced. One review: http://siamscholar.com/fairtex-pattaya-gym-review/

Golden Glory has lots of bad reputation all over internet. But fairly priced and easy accessible on the songtow line at Thappraya Road.

Cho. Nateetong, have tried this gym once. Trainer is a young and nice guy and with good humour. There were only thais there (mostly guys in different ages + 2 small girls) when I were there, but he has had other farangs who has been training there before. Drawback is that it's a bit far off, but you can still reach it with songtow. Songtow through Theprasit road, then a new songtow up Sukhumvit road.

Sor Klinmee
Has a good reputation. http://siamscholar.com/sor-klinmee-gym-review, but also a bit far off.

Nalinchareonleod Muay Thai Gym A brand new gym. Trainer is a nice and young thai man. One of two Muay Thai Gyms that I know about that is located in Jomtien.

This is only a few of the many Muay Thai Gyms in or around Pattaya I know about. Other ones worth checking out is Sitpholek, Twin Tiger and Sityodtong.

A different opinion http://siamscholar.com/nikiema-pattaya-muay-thai-academy-review

For a "crash course" you can go to virtually any gym. Many gyms have training lessons both in the morning and in the afternoon 6 days a week and it's up to you how dedicated you are. You can drop in once a week or you can leave your beer and go all in for it. One lesson with instructor is usually 3-500 baht. At some gyms you can train for like 100 baht without trainer.

Fairtex is perhaps the best known, is clean and modern and well equipped. But it has bad reputation of being a McDojo (money machine gym), trainers not caring for new students and overpriced. One review: http://siamscholar.com/fairtex-pattaya-gym-review/

Golden Glory has lots of bad reputation all over internet. But fairly priced and easy accessible on the songtow line at Thappraya Road.

Cho. Nateetong, have tried this gym once. Trainer is a young and nice guy and with good humour. There were only thais there (mostly guys in different ages + 2 small girls) when I were there, but he has had other farangs who has been training there before. Drawback is that it's a bit far off, but you can still reach it with songtow. Songtow through Theprasit road, then a new songtow up Sukhumvit road.

Sor Klinmee
Has a good reputation. http://siamscholar.com/sor-klinmee-gym-review, but also a bit far off.

Nalinchareonleod Muay Thai Gym A brand new gym. Trainer is a nice and young thai man. One of two Muay Thai gyms that I know about that is located in Jomtien.

This is only a few of the many muay thai gyms in or around Pattaya I know about. Other ones worth checking out is Sitpholek, Twin Tiger and Sityodtong.

A different opinion http://siamscholar.com/nikiema-pattaya-muay-thai-academy-review

thank u very much mate

i would like to be in a place like this with less crowd around ,specially as a newbie

i m shocked of what u say about GG.

i have some mma friends who love this place and the trainer WAN OR WIT ( not sure of his name)

I have no first hand experience with GG, I have only been reading on Internet, so I won't discourage you to give it a try if you want to. Yes I also think training in a place a bit out of all the distractions and madness can be a good thing. 

Nalinchareonleod and Cho. Nateetong are so far (that will change soon) the only Gyms I've been to yet. I liked both.

• Nalinchareonleod wins in location, as I live in Jomtien.
  • Both were fairly priced. At Nalinchareonleod you can get two session a day for 500 baht, which means 250/session.
  • Both had an instructor that was a thai guy. Perhaps not important, but for me it just feels more authentic, in the same way that a thai massage and thai food are IMO best done by a thai. They both speaks good English.
  • Cho. Nateetong has two rings + matted floor area. Nalinchareonleod is a smaller gym and has only one ring + matted floor area. But Cho. Nateetong also has more students. Nalinchareonleod is newer and looks cleaner.
  • Nalinchareonleod has a Facebook page that gets updated.

A few photos I have taken. Not the best, but butt.

Nalinchareonleod - Jomtien

WP_20140708_004.jpg

Club 107 Gym - Jomtien

WP_20140708_019.jpg

Cho. Nateetong - Sukhumvit

WP_20140715_022.jpg

WP_20140715_025.jpg

T. Basaya Boxing Gym - Beach Road

WP_20140719_019.jpg

thanks mate

one thing more. does one necessarily have to train bare body?

At Nalinchareonleod I trained with T-shirt. At Cho. Nateetong I was asked to take it off. I could probably have protested if I would feel to embarassed, but I didn't. Not a big deal for me. Dress code for pro fights are with Muay Thai shorts and no shirt.

thank u

Massive amount of detailed information in your post, regards Nikiema I can not answer for this guys experience but as of right now there are about 4 farang studying Muay Thai and two MMA fighters. along with some Thais. The instructors/coaches all seem to be Thai and I believe that Stephane is moving and opening another gym in Bangkok.

thanks mate

one thing more. does one necessarily have to train bare body?

Thankfully its not been necessary for the Lass, if you stop by when she is there do say hello, its seems these fighter lads are a bit shy 555

Archived