Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

England v India - the main event of the Summer

mousemat

Now that the Sri Lanka series has finished we can move onto the main event and a very tough task against India.

Since the home Ashes victory last year our form has been poor and this could be a long summer of pain and suffering.  I want to try and remain positive but with the immense pressure Cook has found himself under and our inability to surpass
400 over the past year will cause us confidence issues.

I wonder if Anderson will be rested for some of the tests as he has looked tired and in need of a sustained period of rest.  

On a positive note, Moeen Ali could be the surprise package of the series and cement his place in the first XI and with Jordan looking impressive, it could bode well for the future.

I predict a 1-1 series draw

The fixtures are:

Wed Jul 9 - Sun Jul 13
1st Investec Test 
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Thu Jul 17 - Mon Jul 21
2nd Investec Test
Lord's, London

Sun Jul 27 - Thu Jul 31
3rd Investec Test
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Thu Aug 7 - Mon Aug 11
4th Investec Test

Old Trafford, Manchester

Fri Aug 15 - Tue Aug 19
5th Investec Test
Kennington Oval, London

Seems not so long ago we drubbed India in England 4-0 i think ,    Don't think it will be anything like that this time round . 

Must say firstly that Shane Warne ( and many others ) are dead right about Alistair Cook being a hopeless captain .  Completley out of his depth , and would give the job to Prior or Bell as a short term remedy untill a long term candidate appears .  Maybe Joe Root . 

Mr nice guy Cook should be left to do what he does best , and that is score big runs .     The best captains are guys who are a bit of a "c*nt"   and have that hard edge to get the best from the players , exactly like Steve Waugh did for so long . 

With decent weather this summer i'll go  2 - 2  drawn series 

Mikeyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Another poor batting performance from Cook - I wonder if the pressure is getting to him?

Another poor batting performance from Cook - I wonder if the pressure is getting to him?

He was kind of unlucky today, ball ricocheting of thai pad :(

................................................................................................................

Seems not so long ago we drubbed India in England 4-0 i think ,    Don't think it will be anything like that this time round . 

Must say firstly that Shane Warne ( and many others ) are dead right about Alistair Cook being a hopeless captain .  Completley out of his depth , and would give the job to Prior or Bell as a short term remedy untill a long term candidate appears .  Maybe Joe Root . 

Mr nice guy Cook should be left to do what he does best , and that is score big runs .     The best captains are guys who are a bit of a "c*nt"   and have that hard edge to get the best from the players , exactly like Steve Waugh did for so long . 

With decent weather this summer i'll go  2 - 2  drawn series 

Mikeyboy

Well if you are after a deadset cunt then Prior is your man. Or recall KP.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Well if you are after a deadset cunt then Prior is your man. Or recall KP.

I think i have more chance of playing for England , than them recalling Pietersen .    Fact is Cook is not yer man .

Poor umpiring already hilighted in this test .  No review system in place , due to India's stubborn refusal to conform with every other test nation . 

England 352 - 9    still 105 behind with 2 days to go .        Home advantage , nice juicy greentop for Lords please .

Mikeyboy

Cook should give up his captaincy and focus his battings, his batting went downhill since last year , I think Prior would be a good captain .

Record last wicket stand, Root and Jimmy Anderson, think was 190. Amazing

Jimmy's highest score, shame he couldn't have lasted the last over against Sri Lanka, must have spent some time in the nets, great innings from a number 11.

With pitches like this one will need 10 day tests

Record last wicket stand, Root and Jimmy Anderson, think was 190. Amazing

Jimmy's highest score, shame he couldn't have lasted the last over against Sri Lanka, must have spent some time in the nets, great innings from a number 11.

With pitches like this one will need 10 day tests

Agreed , pitches that offer the bowler nothing are very much anti cricket wickets .  

Sure Trent Bridge got 5 full days revenue in , but people arn't daft and will remember the turgid surface that killed this game as a contest . 

Bounce and pace with a bit of lateral movement offer a true contest between bat and ball  .   Lords will offer a decent wicket , and when the nicks carry to fielders , we'll get a result .

Mikeyboy

Green tinge to the wicket at Lords , makes for a proper days test cricket .     In this heat the green will not last for more than today , so bowl first .     England do   , India 11 -1

Mikeyboy 

Great effort by India to win only their second test ever at Lord's. Last time was in 1986....Great effort Ishant's bowling was awesome and all over at Drinks...Well played, Dhoni captained very well. 

India will be very happy with this test match win . Things have to change for the home side .

England played like scared rabbits and Alistair Cook will not make a test captain all the time he has a hole in his arse . 

Matt Prior is taking a break from test cricket because of his achilles injury . I'm amazed they let him play unfit in the first place .   Ben Stokes got an ugly pair this match and Chris Jordan should play instead .

Joe Root looks every bit a test player for the next 10 years  , he's a student of the game and should be made captain sooner rather than later .  Only 22 years old ,but it didn't do Graeme Smith any harm    .

Mikeyboy

The run rate of both teams was disgracefull. Someone predicted 1-1 out of a 5 match series is probably on the money. It was a real snorefest.

The last 5 wickets were very surprising. Similar balls & similar shots. England just played into India's hands. Even at Lunch it was looking about 60-40 when Ali had just departed. The bouncer strategy claiming 4 wickets is very very surprising. Worst was Root of the lot. He was looking in good touch. 
I aint complaining though  :GoldenSmile1: . I thought England lost the match on Day 1 when they let India get to 285. 

A change of captain is essential but keep Cook on as a leading batman, England need a captain like Border or Clarke mould , need a aggressive captain to boost the team performance .

The last 5 wickets were very surprising. Similar balls & similar shots. England just played into India's hands. Even at Lunch it was looking about 60-40 when Ali had just departed. The bouncer strategy claiming 4 wickets is very very surprising. Worst was Root of the lot. He was looking in good touch. 

I aint complaining though  :GoldenSmile1: . I thought England lost the match on Day 1 when they let India get to 285. 

Spot on ,   England had India at 135-7 mid afternoon first day , and should have dismissed them for less than 200 .  Brainless tactics let India get close to 300 and England were always going to be up against it from there on .     

I don't blame Root , after the wickets of Ali , Prior and Stokes in quick time , he was playing so well , he went for it .

England just called up Jos Buttler for the third test , a keeper Alistair Cook said was not ready for test cricket just 6 weeks ago .   :Crazy1:  

Mikeyboy

While the media are collectively attacking Cook for the team’s sub-standard performances the board of selectors have received little criticism.

They also need to take a look at their selection policy as we are yet to decide on a main spinner to replace Swann and allowed our wicket keeper to play with various injuries which hindered his performance.

A final decision either way needs to be made ASAP as the Ashes are next year and I REALLY want the Urn back.

While the media are collectively attacking Cook for the team’s sub-standard performances the board of selectors have received little criticism.

They also need to take a look at their selection policy as we are yet to decide on a main spinner to replace Swann and allowed our wicket keeper to play with various injuries which hindered his performance.

A final decision either way needs to be made ASAP as the Ashes are next year and I REALLY want the Urn back.

Without a frontline spinner i don't think England can seriously consider having a chance of winning the ashes back . Aussie Nathan Lyon is no more than average , but gets the job done .   England need to find and play some one soon .

Muddled thinking (by the selectors) on who to play this summer as keeper and all rounder .   James Foster , far and away the best keeper in county cricket as judged by his peers , must be thinking WTF . Prior with one leg gets the job  !!!

Chris Jordan has out performed Ben Stokes in their 2 test matches each .  and must come back into the side . 

Mikeyboy

Without a frontline spinner i don't think England can seriously consider having a chance of winning the ashes back . Aussie Nathan Lyon is no more than average , but gets the job done .   England need to find and play some one soon .

Muddled thinking (by the selectors) on who to play this summer as keeper and all rounder .   James Foster , far and away the best keeper in county cricket as judged by his peers , must be thinking WTF . Prior with one leg gets the job  !!!

Chris Jordan has out performed Ben Stokes in their 2 test matches each .  and must come back into the side . 

Mikeyboy

Swallow your pride & bring back KP, no experience in the middle order apart from Bell, no attacking batsmen either.

................................................................................................................

55555 english cricket

Swings and roundabouts i guess , many were laughing at Australian cricket not so long ago . 

Mikeyboy

Slow run rate on the first day but good to finally see Cook score some runs.

I hope we take the game to India tomorrow as we need a big score and sufficient time to take 20 wickets or it puts more pressure on the team.

Glad to see Cook made 95 runs , pity he took the bait preventing reaching the ton. Ballance has done well, ice cool batman , good for England long term future , made a nice ton .

Wow – I never thought I would see England crush India in this series!

Moeen Ali looks like he is starting to build a name for himself with bat and ball.

Aye, England played well, hopefully they wont play another decent test at the rose bowl: poor support, not much noise and a soulless ground.

Archived