IGNORED

Caddy tip update

Revkev

Can anyone please give me an update on the current expected caddy tip.

I have been playing in Patts every year since 2008 and always give the caddy 300 bht. Last year I sometimes got the impression that they expected more.

Most Caddys are happy with 300 THB for 18 Holes of golf...Some pay more--Some Less but this is now the standard rate for most Caddys...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I believe 300 is still the going rate.  Maybe at a super high end private country club more but I don't play those so I don't know.

Thanks guys. I can't imagine a worker in Aus. going 7 years without a pay rise!

Fatjack1 - it was a Siam Country Club Old Course I got the most attitude.

I ssem to be OK with 300 at Siam.  Mind you I understand the raise thing.  The going rate was 200 10 years ago so it has moved.

Yup 300 here too... I always buy them a drink at the end of the ninth also, they never seem to open the drink but, maby they get a refund once you leave? Who knows :)

Only 1 drink mgw2680? I get a water every 5 or 6 holes and always ask the caddy if they want a drink. For some reason they never refuse and very rarely open them. I am sure they sell them back but what the hell, most of them are pretty good fun.

Only 1 drink mgw2680? I get a water every 5 or 6 holes and always ask the caddy if they want a drink. For some reason they never refuse and very rarely open them. I am sure they sell them back but what the hell, most of them are pretty good fun.

I have a regular caddy at Burapa and Green Valley.  I offer them both drinks or whatever 2-3 times a round.

Caddy in Burapa takes me up on it and actually has food.  She doesn't over do it but she knows it doesn't matter much to me.  One in Green Valley never takes me up on it.  Of course she has been my caddy for 8 years now and I tip her 500 baht AND whenever I leave for home I drop a bit extra - probably close to a months tips.  She is very sweet and as she is in her late 30s the guys looking for slap and tickle don't choose her anymore.  

I admit her 19 year old daughter is hot.  WOW.

And remember most courses have upped the caddy fee of which most, if not all, goes to the caddy as well.

• 1 month later...

I think 300 is a reasonable tip. I'd be happy to pay more if they caddy well. Did I read somewhere that u pay more tip for every birdie?

I think 300 is a reasonable tip. I'd be happy to pay more if they caddy well. Did I read somewhere that u pay more tip for every birdie?

Some people do.  Not obligatory though.

300 Baht seems like a reasonable tip i think. But then again, i havent played golf in Thailand yet. But 300, if that could help me get under 400 strokes per round seems like a fair deal  :WinkGrin1:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I was chatting with a couple of golfers at Sabai Lodge last month.....they pay 50 baht for a par and 100 baht for a birdie......either they're rich or just shit golfers

Let's keep it at 300 baht guys....that means they get 600 baht for the day (double if they do 36 holes) plus food and drink. If they want more they're gonna have to put out

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Lol they can provide the 19th hole?

yeah, I was chatting with a couple of golfers at Sabai Lodge last month.....they pay 50 baht for a par and 100 baht for a birdie......either they're rich or just shit golfers

Let's keep it at 300 baht guys....that means they get 600 baht for the day (double if they do 36 holes) plus food and drink. If they want more they're gonna have to put out

Would have cost me 800 baht today.  A bit steep.

Lol they can provide the 19th hole?

been there done that...4 times

Would have cost me 800 baht today.  A bit steep.

yeah, I wouldn't be doing that.....most days would be expensive.......I'd be missin' short putts to save money

yeah, I wouldn't be doing that.....most days would be expensive.......I'd be missin' short putts to save money

Then they get mad.    :GoldenSmile1:

Kidding aside, I don't think my performance as a player should determine their compensation.  I'm no cheap charlie and they are usually happy.  

I always tip the caddy fee ie caddy fee 300 tip 300 always been my rule of thumb never get any bad feed back

• 2 weeks later...

Golfing in Patts I pay 300THB + drinks, (the only additional payment would be another 100THB if I pre-booked a specific caddy).

Up here in Issan 200THB is the going (falang) rate...Thais sometimes pay less.

Golfing in Patts I pay 300THB + drinks, (the only additional payment would be another 100THB if I pre-booked a specific caddy).

Up here in Issan 200THB is the going (falang) rate...Thais sometimes pay less.

About 5 years ago I was on Google Earth and was looking around wife's village for shits and giggles.

I found a massive reservoir with a little place called "Pattaya Noi".

Great little huts with food and swimming.

I also found a 9 hole golf course that was built right on the reservoir called Sirinthon Golf Course.

Sirinthon being the name of the big dam at the end of the reservoir.

Next time I went to her village I drove to the course,about 45 minutes away.

300 baht for 9 holes,50 baht caddie fee.

I joined 4 other caddies who happened to be playing that day,and they wanted to bet.

I at the time was off 5 or 6 I think and they were all 12's 15's.

The only rule was play it as it lies,and finish everything.

First hole I rip driver right down the middle.....they all bunt 5' and 3's.

I hit it 70 yards past them,but when I got to my ball,it was embedded in the wet freshly watered fairway.

Took two to get out of the hole it was in and the rest of the day didn't go much different.

Had a blast and ended up drinking beer in the caddies shack.

Cost me a grand in bets but was one of the most enjoyable days golfing ever.

Laughed my ass off all day.

Great little course too.

Can't remember what I tipped my caddie but I swear he was working harder for the other 4 than me.

Some people do. Not obligatory though.

I tip my regular at Soi Dao for Birdogs.

I also take him clubs and shoes.

Great guy.

300 is normal but 500 is if you have a great game....

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info

Bringing my own clubs with me

I've golfed in Phuket and Bangkok and enjoyed it immensely. Found the caddies or be great too

Have always had older girls....30's to 40's and older

Have never considered them for any extra activities

However if I had a cute caddie i would consider playing the extra hole!

And advice or recommendations?

Thanks for all the info

I've golfed in Phuket and Bangkok and enjoyed it immensely. Found the caddies or be great too

seek and ye shall find

Thanks for all the info

Just don't assume they are ALL up for it.  And beware many are very young.  Like jail young.  

Archived