IGNORED

gulf air

tamis69

would not be that pushed on golf air, food was not all that bad, but on the way back ear phones would not work for the flight so just sitting there for 4 hours bored out of my mind. Cabin crew unfriendly, messed up my duty free after taking my credit card details and delayed for 3 hours in bahrain

not good and not for me

I would say not bad Food ok flights on time going out from London to Bangkok with 1 stop no delays on return 1.30 hour delay thats life i would use again but only ever been to Thailand once so cant say much about the other airline companys if like i just wanted to get out had few beers on the plane put ipod and time went fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying with them end of October and wish I'd read this post first. Having said that they were over £150 cheaper than the majority of the 'good' airlines and as far as I'm concerned as long as it's not too long a delay and you get there in one piece £150 pays for a fair few drinks and bar fines. I know what I'd rather spend it on

Is sex dirty? Yes if done correctly - Spike Milligan

MySpace Countdown Clocks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just completed 2nd of 3 trips to LOS this year flying with Gulf air, and yes pretty average airline.

Was disappointed yesterday though because they use old Airbus with no seat back screens

on the Bangkok to Bahrain leg.

But on the hole i am happy to use them as i like the cheapest flights available to me.

All my flights so far have been on time or early with no delays.

Yesterday on the 15.45 pm departure GF005 Bahrain to Heathrow the flight was only 70% full

with plenty of spare seats available for a sleep.

Everyone was on the flight and seated by 15.25 pm but the captain said they were not aloud

to land at Heathrow until 15 mintues before schedule arrival time so we had to sit on the tarmac

and wait until scheduled departure.

Food was no worst then other airlines, now have to wait for my next flight with them on the

22nd November for christmas and new year in which i paid £496 all in and is a good price.

• 2 months later...

Booked to go to Pattaya thru an agent with Gulf Air in October 08 but had to change my plans and dates so ended up going beginning of Nov. Got to Heathrow and the plane took off a bit late but nothing serious and I was on my way then it turns out they had changed the connection times in Bahrain and I had not been informed but I think that was down to my agent so I cannot really blame Gulf Air for that. Left Bahrain late and got into Bangkok 2 hours late and missed the taxi I ordered so a bad start to my holiday.

The airplane was not a patch on the ones used by Etihad and they charge similar prices. Bahrain airport is ok but the bar on the 2nd floor charges £4.50 for a pint of beer and their smokers room is shit with no seats.The entertainment system on their planes is also not very good. The food and service were fine.

Coming back was a fuck up because of PAD closing the airport, cannot blame Gulf for that. Anyway was due to fly out on the 29th Nov but the airport was shut. I phone Gulf to see what is happening and get told to phone back tomorrow, this carries on for a few days. Then one day I phone them and they want me to head to a Bangkok hotel early in the morning and check in for a bus ride to Phuket to get a plane.Later that morning I get a call off them saying they will call me back in the afternoon, waited till 4.30pm then decided to call them.

They tell me that there is no need to go to Phuket as the airport is open again and they will fly me from there. Tell me to go to the airport on the 6th December and catch the flight at 9.55 am connecting in Bahrain for London at 4.20 pm. Great on my way home.

Get up at 4am and taxi turns up at 5am and I am off to the airport. Big queue, I join the back and wait for about 40 minutes. As I am getting to the front a member of staff comes up to me and asks to see my confirmation. I say it was confirmed on the phone. She takes my passport and goes off to check my e-ticket.

She comes back and says I am not booked on this flight. I tell her I was told by Gulf Air that I was booked and that I am not in the habit off turning up at airports when I do not have a booking. She sends me to a guy at the end counter and he tells me I am booked on tomorrows flight. I tell him I was told this flight and that is why I have travelled from my nice comfy hotel in Pattaya to get here at this time of the morning.

I could tell he thought I was lying (cheeky cunt). I abused him and his firm somewhat and was told they would put me on stand by for the flight with about another 20 people who they have told they were booked but were not. Have to come back in an hour to see if we can get on the plane.

An hour later and we are on the plane but there is a problem, the connection in Bahrain to London is full so we will all have to stay in Bahrain for 12 fucking hours before getting a London flight at 1.50am. I am well pissed off at this point in time for them lying to me and the others.

Anyway get to Bahrain and they give us a hotel for the time there and lunch and dinner. Then we all fly home 12 hours later.

Frankly I would not piss on Gulf Air again, not that they could not get me home on time as that was not their fault as PAD were to blame for that but that they lied to me by telling me I would be flying with a little stop over in Bahrain but ended up being 12 hours, so fuck them.

Edited by Cennn3

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

I had a bad experience flying with gulf air

- The return flight to bahrain / frankfurt did an emergency landing in india. After the plane crossed the whole of india, and was already over the sea, there was a passenger announcement about "wanted doctor on board".

Then, the plane made a U turn, and a second announcement, that there was to be an emergency landing in india to offload collapsed passengers.

The plane landed in bombar airport (the nearest airport) at that time, and we sat 2 hours+ on the Runway, while they unloaded the sick passengers and worked out the paper work to takeoff again, also refueled.

Yes, the staff on board where very nice, they came from all over the world, philipines, pakistan, england, oman.. and worked hard to make the passengers feel comfortable with free drinks.

I also noted, that there where bits falling of the seats inside the plane. Aslo, if you are flying from Europe, travelling through bahrain is a slow way to go, it adds several hours to your trip.

Legroom was not great. Flight seemed crowded.