IGNORED

gulf air

tamis69

hi guys just wondering how many of you have used gulf air and if they are any good,am in the prosses of booking a flight and am getting good deals on gulf air,so was wondering what they are like,good or bad,cheerz all,

pattaya loves me long time

I flew with them to Manila a few years back and they were average. There are better mid east airlines like Etihad, Emirates and Qatar. They are better than Kuwait however. If you can save over £100 on your flight I would use them. If you can get a better airline for around 80 quid more then ditch Gulf.

cheerz,am geeting around 150 cheaper just now,but will keep at it,thanks again

Gulf air flights depend on where you catch them and where you are going. Gulf air from Bahrain to India sucks the big one.... it is a low level labor pool cattle car with every seat full. Air is a precious commodity on those flights. Gulf air direct to Bangkok from Bahrain, not too bad. Or from Dubai not bad either, after you board in Bahrain. The Dubai to Bahrain also turns into a cattle car sometimes. But the plane they use from Bahrain to India is the same one every day. Dirty enough to stain your clothes if you catch the wrong seat, and smelly anywhere in the coach area.

The planes used to the Philippines are a little bit better, but still with a ton of wear on the planes. always full in every seat.

Look for Thai airways code share flights. Thai flies them and if you can catch the Indian Air flights , they are cheap.

Used Gulf on my last trip and wouldn't use them again bored staff, poor food and had a seven hour delay at Bahrain that they knew about when i was bording oat Heathrow but kept quiet till i got to Bahrain.

Have used etihad and quatar previously and would happily pay that few pounds more to use them next time over Gulf.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

cheerz guys,i got one sorted from aberdeen in scotland to amsterdam then bkk,thanks again for you time

Flew 2 times with Gulf Air

1st time - the airline lost my luggage and it turned up a week later minus a camcorder that was inside - the airline only offered £35 compensation

2nd time - The airline was overbooked and I was bumped off the flight even though I had a ticket.

I had booked the 2nd flight before I boarded the 1st otherwise I would not have flown with them the second time.

But lesson learnt. NEVER AGAIN!

I'm due to fly with gulf Air in three weeks time. I'll keep all posted on the service.

Fucking Rubbish............

2 month ago they deported a lot of Thai Girls from London .. Gulf Air they are dogshit

poor airline imo, the leg space on the plane is very compact, and the food is disappointing to say the least.

cheap and nasty would sum it up nicely

i wish i hadn't read this thread, booked yesterday to fly with them in oct :Hug1:

just while this topic is here, could somebody tell me who has flown LHR-BAH-BKK tell me a few things.

1-do you get both boarding cards at london check in

2-can you ring them and pre-book your seat like with thai and eva

also am i right to assume i don't need any type of visa for stopover?

sorry for the stupid Q's but i've only ever flew direct to BKK so these issues never applied to me.

just while this topic is here, could somebody tell me who has flown LHR-BAH-BKK tell me a few things.

2-can you ring them and pre-book your seat like with thai and eva

sorry for the stupid Q's but i've only ever flew direct to BKK so these issues never applied to me.

Bump

I would find this information useful also. Hopefully some of the more experienced lads can help......

never flown with gulf air,only etihad, id be 99% sure you will get both boarding cards

2-can you ring them and pre-book your seat like with thai and eva...probably

no visa required, you wont even be leavein the departure area

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

never flown with gulf air,only etihad, id be 99% sure you will get both boarding cards

2-can you ring them and pre-book your seat like with thai and eva...probably

no visa required, you wont even be leavein the departure area

Thank you for clearing that up fostraswift

If your on a touchdown and don't change planes, take your hand baggage with you...

If you change planes and the flight numbers will show this, go to the transfer desk ON ARRIVAL and let them process your transfer...

If you get boarding cards for both flights, I still go to transfer and they tick you off, amazing how many get bumped off a flight for not doing this simple task...

All transfers plane changes mean you stay in the airport no visa required...

Make certain you see when checking in at the start of your flight, that that they put a BKK label on your suitcase, ask if you can't see it, if you change planes in Bahrain and its less than 90 minutes between arrival and departure make sure a a brightly coloured label saying rapid transit is fixed to your case, most are a very bright red...

Have some dollars to spend at the airports make sure you have plenty of 1's 5's and 10's if you change a fiver they give you loadsa coins and low notes most of which are useless...

Pay in dollars, you will find most items 3 7 9 11 17 dollars it pisses them off when you give them spot on money and dollars are easy to convert I work on 2 to a pound i.e 50p...

Hope this already adds good advice already given...

If your on a touchdown and don't change planes, take your hand baggage with you...

If you change planes and the flight numbers will show this, go to the transfer desk ON ARRIVAL and let them process your transfer...

If you get boarding cards for both flights, I still go to transfer and they tick you off, amazing how many get bumped off a flight for not doing this simple task...

All transfers plane changes mean you stay in the airport no visa required...

Make certain you see when checking in at the start of your flight, that that they put a BKK label on your suitcase, ask if you can't see it, if you change planes in Bahrain and its less than 90 minutes between arrival and departure make sure a a brightly coloured label saying rapid transit is fixed to your case, most are a very bright red...

Have some dollars to spend at the airports make sure you have plenty of 1's 5's and 10's if you change a fiver they give you loadsa coins and low notes most of which are useless...

Pay in dollars, you will find most items 3 7 9 11 17 dollars it pisses them off when you give them spot on money and dollars are easy to convert I work on 2 to a pound i.e 50p...

Hope this already adds good advice already given...

Spot on mate. I'm liking all of the advice. I'm guessing it would be ok to bring Euro or Pounds Sterling and change some just to get a bite to eat??

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Gents,

I said I would update this thread after arriving home.

I found Gulf Air to be sufficient in all areas. They were nothing special yet got me to and from my destination safely, which I am glad of. I would like to add that my connecting flight in Bahrain on the journey to LOS was delayed by an hour and a half which I wasn't too happy about...but Gulf Air did offer a complimentary meal in the airport restaurant as compensation.

Indeed as pointed out in the advice given to me previously, no visa was required as I never left the departure lounge.

Advice to anyone that smokes...There is a small smoking room in the departure lounge, but it was crowded to the hilt. Get yourself up to the Sky Bar upstairs and have a drink and smoke til your heart is content!

Overall the service was plain and nothing special. I would use Gulf Air again but only after checking prices with some other better quality airlines.

i had bad luck with gulf, the flight to bahrain had 1 hour delay, from bahrain to bkk 3 hours delay, and the back flight had been overbooked so we had to stay in bkk one more day. the new flight at the next day startet good, but in bahrain we had 5 hours delay. gulf air never again.

Gulf Air stinks... no camparison to the likes of Etihad, Qatar or Emirates! Old planes, crappy IFE, unfriendly crew and huge delays!

large sig = small penis

Gulf Air stinks... no camparison to the likes of Etihad, Qatar or Emirates! Old planes, crappy IFE, unfriendly crew and huge delays!

Hi Guys.

Not much cheer here then guys for Gulf Air looks like i am there friend then, flu with

them on 1st June although 1 hr late leaving due to Heathrow Airport not releasing us.

Arrived 19.35pm and they had already called the Bangkok flight and was on the plane

after quick piss at 20.02pm and we were away on time.

We arrived Bangkok 07.25am which was 20minutes early and before Etihad,Qatar and Emirates.

Flying again with Gulf Air tomorrow 19th August, and again on 22nd November.

For me the cheaper flights are my priority and Gulf Air fits the bill for me.

Yes, they are pretty average airline would prefer Etihad but there prices far to expensive.

My June flight with Gulf Air was £424.

My August flight was £516, and my November to January flight is £496.

I have used Gulf air, and i would not recommend it to my friends, terrible food, terrible flight, and they lost my bags. So i'm not planning on ever using it again.