IGNORED

เว่อร์

LaaMok

เว่อร์

sorry not in dictionary

pronounced "weere" alittle like (wuure)

you hear it alot, it can be said during the following situation...

your friend has a thammadda (ordinary) girlfriend and he is telling you how beautiful she is... you can just say "weere"

I want to know if you can you use it when people are lieing..... (i think it translates as not speaking quarm jing (truth) opposed to lieing, I think different to lieing.

i.e a bargirl says, "i not go with farang last night" can you say "weere"

I think เว่อร์ would be more polite/gentle than saying "dorllay" "go hok" etc

Can't help you there Bryan. Never hear of that one.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

if you dont want to tell someone go hok .. why not just say "yut ren" = stop playing..

or ( ta lok ) = funny... alot of people use this word when they are really saying ( stop lying )

like when girl say.. " hi bryan i work pattaya 2 year , i virgin jing jing"... the you say. " ta lok na ( then laugh )"..

it doesnt make them lose face. but they know you know that the are lying...

this is what i normally use when it comes to family members.. its repectful..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

if you dont want to tell someone go hok .. why not just say "yut ren" = stop playing..

or ( ta lok ) = funny... alot of people use this word when they are really saying ( stop lying )

like when girl say.. " hi bryan i work pattaya 2 year , i virgin jing jing"... the you say. " ta lok na ( then laugh )"..

it doesnt make them lose face. but they know you know that the are lying...

this is what i normally use when it comes to family members.. its repectful..

you mean Taa Lok as in taa lok gan (argue)

you mean Taa Lok as in taa lok gan (argue)

( ta lok ) = funny...

like saying

ta = eye. then lok.. = ta lok..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

like saying

ta = eye. then lok.. = ta lok..

oh ok, I can work from there, just lookiing for the thai spelling for correct pronounciation

dtaa = eye spelt dor dtaa sela aa

เว่อร์

sorry not in dictionary

pronounced "weere" alittle like (wuure)

you hear it alot, it can be said during the following situation...

your friend has a thammadda (ordinary) girlfriend and he is telling you how beautiful she is... you can just say "weere"

I want to know if you can you use it when people are lieing..... (i think it translates as not speaking quarm jing (truth) opposed to lieing, I think different to lieing.

i.e a bargirl says, "i not go with farang last night" can you say "weere"

I just spoke with a Thai about it. Apparently it can be translated in many different ways. One word that sprang to mind from what I was told was "ostentatious". It can also be used to descibe something that is beyond your means.

i.e if you say that you want a Mercedes and you do not have enough money for it your idea could be described as "weere kern pay" เว่อร์เกินไป or too ambitious.

Obviously Thai words cannot always be translated directly into one neat english word but I believe my description is on the money.

It doesn't mean lieing.

I just spoke with a Thai about it. Apparently it can be translated in many different ways. One word that sprang to mind from what I was told was "ostentatious". It can also be used to descibe something that is beyond your means.

i.e if you say that you want a Mercedes and you do not have enough money for it your idea could be described as "weere kern pay" เว่อร์เกินไป or too ambitious.

Obviously Thai words cannot always be translated directly into one neat english word but I believe my description is on the money.

It doesn't mean lieing.

thanks for the check up..

the context my ex always used it in, was when we were arguing about who said what, because all our conversations are in thai, and my thai is limited.. she used to use that "weere" alot, as though to say "yeah whatever" (end of conversation)

so basically my thai teacher was correct with this following statement

"your friend has a thammadda (ordinary) girlfriend and he is telling you how beautiful she is... you can just say "weere""

but i cant use it in responce to someone telling me aload of lies? In other words, i can only use it when someone is exaggeration, or saying a few little porkies, as per example.

thanks for the check up..

the context my ex always used it in, was when we were arguing about who said what, because all our conversations are in thai, and my thai is limited.. she used to use that "weere" alot, as though to say "yeah whatever" (end of conversation)

so basically my thai teacher was correct with this following statement

"your friend has a thammadda (ordinary) girlfriend and he is telling you how beautiful she is... you can just say "weere""

but i cant use it in responce to someone telling me aload of lies? In other words, i can only use it when someone is exaggeration, or saying a few little porkies, as per example.

I won't pretend that I fully understood every meaning of the word from the brief conversation I had. One thing I am fairly confident of is that it cannot be applied to something that has already been attained or realised. That would rule out using it in reference to lies and BS because because you cannot define something as a lie or BS until it has already been said or done.

I hope that isn't too vague but that is how i understood the description I was given. If you ever want to test your Thai then try discussing words that are also intertwined with concepts. There are many such words in the Thai language i.e Sanuk (although often thought to mean just "fun" it actually has much deeper meanings than the English word) and waiyawut (the feeling of knowing something through age/experience but not being able to explain it succesfully to somebody less experienced or aged).

That was something I learned today as well, cheers. :D

One translation that would fit both the descriptions that you heard and the one that I heard might be like a mildly sarcastic "you wish" implying that it is only wishfull thinking.

I will enquire some more when I get the chance

Hey guys a long time i was with last year sometimes used to say eerrhh to her female cousin if she was unhappy or angry with something that was said what does this mean as i got into the habit of saying it to her if i was not happy with her...................lol.

Hey guys a long time i was with last year sometimes used to say eerrhh to her female cousin if she was unhappy or angry with something that was said what does this mean as i got into the habit of saying it to her if i was not happy with her...................lol.

Did she say eeergh or weere ? Without hearing her saying it it would be hard for me to know what she meant but the word we a referring to definitely starts with a "w" sound.

Yeah i know doc but the word im thinking off didn't seem to have a w sound to it and she used it when she was pissed off and it just seem to be eerrh.

I know not much help sorry but i was just curious because i never heard it said much ...........maybe it was weere...........sorry!

eerrrgh I say it all the time, it doesnt really have a meaning, here are my translations.

Thai it means "kap see"

Here is one context I would use it in....

"bryan la mok, (pervert)"

i would respond "eeergh ru leow" (i know already)

If tee rak has asked you something, like the other day my regular asked me why lady tell her that I fuck her, i just smiled and said "eerrgh" girls have used this many times with me, your not agreeing or denieing it, but your saying it with a smile, they know you've done it, ur pretty much agreeing to it.

Also when you both know something and you've caught her out, she knows it and when you go to complain, she will just say "eerrgh" (yeah I know- end of convo) Always been said with a bit of fun and end of conversation about that touchy subject. Its a good way to get out of touchy subjects

Hey thanks Bryan i sort if thought it was something like that it seemed a real thai thing........lol.........funny when they say it though!!

I like how you used it and will remember to use it in a similar fashion......lol...perhaps not your wording 55555555

Another time I have heard it, is when you are arguing and she has had enough, she will just say eerrrgh por leaw.. translating as "never mind, enough already"

Hey thanks Bryan i sort if thought it was something like that it seemed a real thai thing........lol.........funny when they say it though!!

I like how you used it and will remember to use it in a similar fashion......lol...perhaps not your wording 55555555

yes definately use it, its not really a proper word as far as i know, just popular slang.

Next time tee rak moans at you for something, just say "eerrgh" it always keeps things fun as they laugh.

Well Guys

It just reinforces the challenges of this tonal language.

I have been trying to learn this for the past 6 months, now you guys have just confused me no end.

But I do like the challenge of trying to put it all in to logical terms.

HD

Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, I love em, I love em , I love those little BFMs

OH yeah i'm pretty sure i have heard that ..........maybe too many times...........oops ........oh well i try to be good hahahha

Important new word !!!! Forget learning the rest just know eergh..........lol

eerrrgh I say it all the time, it doesnt really have a meaning, here are my translations.

Thai it means "kap see"

Here is one context I would use it in....

"bryan la mok, (pervert)"

i would respond "eeergh ru leow" (i know already)

If tee rak has asked you something, like the other day my regular asked me why lady tell her that I fuck her, i just smiled and said "eerrgh" girls have used this many times with me, your not agreeing or denieing it, but your saying it with a smile, they know you've done it, ur pretty much agreeing to it.

Also when you both know something and you've caught her out, she knows it and when you go to complain, she will just say "eerrgh" (yeah I know- end of convo) Always been said with a bit of fun and end of conversation about that touchy subject. Its a good way to get out of touchy subjects

I have heard eeergh spoken the most in villages in Isaan where it is used as an affirmative word like yes.

affirmative word like yes.

haha all my explaining and you say such a simple translation!!! I feel stupid now lol