Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Throwaway ticketing-did you ever practice it?

buck011

Most airlines word it as ONE carry-on and ONE personal item, with the personal item being computer case, purse, and the like.

CPAP is definitely exempt.

Etihad appears to be the same:

Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a laptop bag, handbag, or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items.

Etihad Baggage

Well since as I DO carry a CPAP with me I have checked pretty much every airline around here. 

The full service airlines don't mind. Qantas require that you let them know beforehand. Low cost airlines like AirAsia & Jetstar that I looked into, as I wanted to buy a cheap flight, not a chance.  

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

I have done this many times and there are two things to keep in mind.

1. Luggage: anything checked will go to the final destination.

correct, UNLESS you're transferring between airports of course. E.g. flying BA into Heathrow and onward flight is from Gatwick or flying AA into JFK and onward is from Newark etc. Then they can't check your hold luggage through although you get both boarding passes at first check-in.

To the OP: if you're going for mongering only (i.e. no golfing, diving, hiking etc. then hand luggage is plenty for 2-3 weeks. Easy and chap to clean clothing every few days (I usually take 2 shorts and ~5 shirts plus underwear) and/or cheap and easy to buy what might be needed.

Just a thought what happens if you book and then a few days later simply cancel the last leg. Can they really charge you for taking one less flight that they could actually sell on? Another option could be as stop over is so long is to say you will need lugage so can change clothes etc at Belgrade.

Also yes quality of clothes here is fine. Mike Mall is a good place to start.

Yep thats what i tought.Since i would return late November,it will be definitely cold in my country.So it makes sense they give me access to my luggage so i can change clothes.The problem is i cant check this with Etihad before my return flight,i guess.

correct, UNLESS you're transferring between airports of course. E.g. flying BA into Heathrow and onward flight is from Gatwick or flying AA into JFK and onward is from Newark etc. Then they can't check your hold luggage through although you get both boarding passes at first check-in.

To the OP: if you're going for mongering only (i.e. no golfing, diving, hiking etc. then hand luggage is plenty for 2-3 weeks. Easy and chap to clean clothing every few days (I usually take 2 shorts and ~5 shirts plus underwear) and/or cheap and easy to buy what might be needed.

Only pure mongering mate,i dont care about other activities :GoldenSmile1: I think buying additional stuff is a good option,since i like to change clothes quite often

I can not see this being a problem. With the long stopover they will almost certainly allow you to check your baggage only to Belgrade. Even if they won't, disembark at BelGrade and tell them you are too ill to take the next flight and want your bag to check into a hotel. They will not force an ill passenger to fly.

Totally. Tell them that you only want your luggage checked through to Belgrade (and double, no triple, check that they actually did that). Then when you've collected your luggage, tell someone at the airline service desk that you're not going to use the last leg. (You can make up an excuse if you want, but I really don't see the point of that.) This last bit is just so you won't be an asshole and cause delays for lots of other people, of course.

Don't hope too much for getting any miles for that trip, though. Those are normally forfeit if you don't use the whole ticket.

Well if that is possible-great!But i think that wont be easy since they will probably know my intention getting off in Belgrade,so denying me to short-check my luggage is for them the only way to make pressure not to skip the last leg.

I dont bother with collecting miles(dont travel a lot),so thats not a prob for me :)

I don't think what thinkingallowed and boxershrimp are talking about is possible.

Is there any airline that will allow you access to checked in luggage before you reach final destination.?

I don't think what thinkingallowed and boxershrimp are talking about is possible.

Is there any airline that will allow you access to checked in luggage before you reach final destination.?

If you fly into the USA and have a connecting flight they make everybody collect their checked in luggage. 

I have had long stopovers before and asked to have my bags checked to there without a problem.

Should Buck have a problem then the fall back of announcing you are too ill to travel will work.

If you fly into the USA and have a connecting flight they make everybody collect their checked in luggage.

I have had long stopovers before and asked to have my bags checked to there without a problem.

Should Buck have a problem then the fall back of announcing you are too ill to travel will work.

Possibly can do it on an internal US flight.

But I'm pretty sure in Europe and other long haul flights it ain't gonna happen.

Possibly can do it on an internal US flight.

But I'm pretty sure in Europe and other long haul flights it ain't gonna happen.

Done it several times at flying through Schiphol, Amsterdam, with several airlines.

• 2 weeks later...

The luggage issue seems solved.I found out that i can add the Belgrade-Stuttgart flight separately.

That means that that last leg of the flight can be booked for many days after landing in Belgrade(deadline is the 10.12.2014 after that date the tickets is 350 EUR more expensive).With a 10 day stopover in Belgrade there is no issue about getting my luggage.

At the end this ticket costs 464 EUR or just about 370 GBP :GoldenSmile1:

ebookers.de - Flugergebnisse - Google Chrome_2.jpg

Archived