Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Throwaway ticketing-did you ever practice it?

buck011

Im looking regularly(on daily basis) for the cheapest option to get to LOS and stumbled to a seemingly very attractive offer while playing with multi city flights.That means i will not land in my city(Belgrade,Serbia) on my return flight but instead in Stuttgart,Germany.

The good thing is i can save almost 200 GBP on this flight since on the return there is a 12.5 hours layover in Belgrade.

So my idea is just not to use the final leg of this flight:Belgrade-Stuttgart.

Howewer the major downside is i cant have any checked luggage since i think they will not allow me to short check it to Belgrade,since the Belgrade-Stuttgart part of flight is operated by a code share partner of Etihad and the luggage will definitely be checked through to final destination(Stuttgart).

Somebody ever used this tactics?Is there a possiblity to get the luggage since its an >12h layover?

Finally if i can bring only carry on luggage is it really enough for a  2 weeks holiday?

Im not really used to pack light :GoldenSmile1:

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

Tell them you have lost luggage in the past and prefer to collect at each destination ;)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

bring hand luggage only , all your problems are solved !!!

hand luggage is perfect ! 

bring the max weight allowed . wear 4 shirts , 4 briefs on you :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:  as you check in and then place the excess in the bag after check in . 

Roll-aboard and day pack are just fine. I pack 6-8 changes of clothes and launder every 4-5 days - laundry is cheap and convenient in Thailand.

There are so many advantages to packing smart and light - you'll never go back to checked luggage!

bring hand luggage only , all your problems are solved !!!

hand luggage is perfect ! 

bring the max weight allowed . wear 4 shirts , 4 briefs on you :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:  as you check in and then place the excess in the bag after check in .

WorldRecordForMostShirtsWornByOnePerson.

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Roll-aboard and day pack are just fine. I pack 6-8 changes of clothes and launder every 4-5 days - laundry is cheap and convenient in Thailand.

There are so many advantages to packing smart and light - you'll never go back to checked luggage!

I'd rather wait an extra five minutes getting my suitcase, than not being able to pack my bottle of spirit, aftershaves, deodorants, shower gel, shampoo etc. last thing I want to do when on holiday is shop for less quality stuff than I already have.

I have done this many times and there are two things to keep in mind.

1. Luggage: anything checked will go to the final destination.

2. Miss one segment and the rest of the ticket is void, so can only be done on the last part.

Years ago before the airlines computerized and tracked actual segments flown I bought a ticket with unlimited travel for 2 months in the US.

It had a limitation of only two stopovers in the same city, but I needed to return to that city after every city visited.

So I booked to and from every conceivable city in the vicinity and ended up with a ticket that had about 100 flight coupons of which nearly half were torn out.

I'd rather wait an extra five minutes getting my suitcase, than not being able to pack my bottle of spirit, aftershaves, deodorants, shower gel, shampoo etc. last thing I want to do when on holiday is shop for less quality stuff than I already have.

Thats actually my main prob.Im thinking about all the good stuff i must leave home.

I like every day to change 2 t shirts,and not every 3rd day to wear the same clothes.

When i look at the pic of my bag before last trip to los im just thinking how hard  it will be to change to light packing

b3.jpg

The main advantage i could think about is not waiting for luggage :)

Well the only thing for me to say is I hate People like you

Why ? well from a selfish point of view I maybe stuck waiting even possibly missing an onwards connection, because the Airline try to track you down , page you, and then check when you are a no show if you have any Fecking luggage in the hold.

Understand why you would want to do it, but guess this impact has not entered yours or anyone else's head eh :Think1:

Far be it for me to say if doing this alert the Airline after your last leg

ps I do not really hate you just people who do things like this possibly holding me up and effecting my trips

Ghosty

First with some of the money you save buy cheap shirts here and just bin them and second laundry service is cheap here.

Loving it on Soi 6

@ghostmed

I understand what you say.Yep i could alert the airline after getting off the plane in Belgrade that i cant board the plane for the last leg bcos of some unforeseen circumstances.Good idea :ThumbUp6:

@rickda

i guess i will do that way.Hope the quality of those cheap stuff is still acceptable

I am someone that can't do with messing about with long stopovers etc so I do try and book asap for my trips. That said anything that gets the price down is all good. More to spend in LOS  :LOL2:

Tell them you have lost luggage in the past and prefer to collect at each destination ;)

Won't wash...

They won't allow it..

Thats actually my main prob.Im thinking about all the good stuff i must leave home.

I like every day to change 2 t shirts,and not every 3rd day to wear the same clothes.

When i look at the pic of my bag before last trip to los im just thinking how hard it will be to change to light packing

Couple of suggestions.

1. Bring some older clothes and throw some away in Pattaya

2. You are usually allowed 2 carryon’s where one is your computer case (can fit a lot of clothes in a large computer case)

3. Get a CPAP luggage tag for a third carryon (they are except as medical).

I know a few that travel frequently like this; some legit and others to gain a piece.

You can print the tag yourself and have it laminated; there are no specific standards.

Can look like this.

travel_med_equip.jpg

Why ? well from a selfish point of view I maybe stuck waiting even possibly missing an onwards connection, because the Airline try to track you down , page you, and then check when you are a no show if you have any Fecking luggage in the hold.

Understand why you would want to do it, but guess this impact has not entered yours or anyone else's head eh :Think1:

Far be it for me to say if doing this alert the Airline after your last leg

ps I do not really hate you just people who do things like this possibly holding me up and effecting my trips

Ghosty

Generally airlines may make a couple of pages within the allotted window, but not any more for coach fare passengers, especially if they do not hold elite status.

As for the luggage that may be checked, that information will be right on the computer screen and take but a second to see.

That said, good idea to advise the airline.

For 3 weeks I only bring my carry on. And I even got room left. Remember u can do 1 backpack and a mini suit case as your carry on. I would just not catch the last leg to save money . Lucky find .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I just checked the total weight of a number of t-shirts and other stuff i would pack in my carry on luggage.

Actually seems quite possible this light pack option.

I think i will give it a try :GoldenSmile1:

The main advantage i could think about is not waiting for luggage :)

And never have to worry about something getting lost or damaged.

And ease of movement whilst in country.

I'm not good with lines and lugging stuff around. I prefer to be light-footed and easily mobile.

I travel 3-4 times per month, including 1-2 TPAC or TATL trips and I've gotten it down to be very efficient. Sometimes I'm forced to gate check when stuck on a Fokker 50 or something, but that's about it.

Couple of suggestions.

1. Bring some older clothes and throw some away in Pattaya

2. You are usually allowed 2 carryon’s where one is your computer case (can fit a lot of clothes in a large computer case)

3. Get a CPAP luggage tag for a third carryon (they are except as medical).

I know a few that travel frequently like this; some legit and others to gain a piece.

You can print the tag yourself and have it laminated; there are no specific standards.

A bit off topic but a lot of airlines won't let you take a 2nd (or a 3rd) carry on for this reason. 

Shift your blame towards the airlines. Does it make sense that you can get a better deal by NOT using a ticket? 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

A bit off topic but a lot of airlines won't let you take a 2nd (or a 3rd) carry on for this reason.  

Most airlines word it as ONE carry-on and ONE personal item, with the personal item being computer case, purse, and the like.

CPAP is definitely exempt.

Etihad appears to be the same:

Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a laptop bag, handbag, or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items.

Etihad Baggage

Just a thought what happens if you book and then a few days later simply cancel the last leg. Can they really charge you for taking one less flight that they could actually sell on? Another option could be as stop over is so long is to say you will need lugage so can change clothes etc at Belgrade.

Also yes quality of clothes here is fine. Mike Mall is a good place to start.

Loving it on Soi 6

Just a thought what happens if you book and then a few days later simply cancel the last leg. Can they really charge you for taking one less flight that they could actually sell on? Another option could be as stop over is so long is to say you will need lugage so can change clothes etc at Belgrade.

Once you have booked you cannot make changes without a fee and even then a chance will result in a higher fare.

The most likely reason that extra leg reduced the fare is other competition on the same route.

I have seen this 100's of times. For example, I used to fly to Ohio a lot and flying to Cincinnati would cost 3-4 times as much as flying to Columbus. When flying the Columbus route I would always change planes in Cincinnati. So adding the extra leg could make an $800 fare drop to a $250 fare.

As for the stop over, it must be booked as such and not a change of plane. Even if 10 hours a change of plane will not give you the option to retrieve your luggage, but a scheduled stopover would. A stop over could hike the fare even more or it could be the same (worth checking).

On the booking record the itinerary as OP provided would be described as

BEGAUH /X AUHBKK /O BKKAUH /X AUHBEG /X BEGSTR as opposed to

BEGAUH /X AUHBKK /O BKKAUH /X AUHBEG /O BEGSTR.

The O' and the X's make all the difference

I've done it twice before coming home...once from Manila and once from Paris.  As long as you can get everything in a carry-on, you're all set.  The only downside for me was that I didn't get airline miles for the return flight, including the portion I traveled on.  

I'm bald so I don't need to bring all the fancy hair care products and such when I travel and I usually buy all of my toiletries etc. when I get to my final destination.  I travel alot for work so I've pretty much mastered how to survive for a couple of weeks out of a carry-on even when I have to bring work clothes and casual clothes.  Shoes are the big space killer. Limit yourself to the pair you're wearing and one in the bag. My company pays all my laundry bills when I travel so I take advantage of that.

Another way to get more stuff onboard is to carry it airport shopping bags.

If limited it should ;fly' easily.

I.e. a small bag can hold a pair of shoes and the toiletries.

Archived