Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Hmmmm  not good you pay for a chef to come from England who is an expert on cooking steaks and he makes basic mistakes.

IMO if you wish to and I am sure you do, to make a name as an outstanding stake house then you need to get it right every time.

After all its not very difficult to cook a steak to order most elementary cooks can do so.

This is not a stab at you but I think the "chef " is not doing your restaurant the due credit.

JDM

It was my steak and whilst I agree it should not have happened I am also aware that had I made the point at the time they would have rectified it, it was my choice not to do so. When I brought attention to it here, it was immediately addressed and I was offered a free meal in compensation. I declined the offer based on the fact that by not raising it at the time I denied them the opportunity of correcting it, therefore I was partially at fault. I have eaten 11 steaks at this establishment and on every other occasion they got it spot on. I have never spoken to the chef and only ever spoken on entering or leaving to Yuri two times.

Your comments are correct to a point but in my opinion to harsh regards the Chef, I believe that I have received excellent value for money every time I have been there and that has to be directly attributable to his skill.  

• Like 1

walked down to china garden promising the wife a lovely Chinese , but was horrified it wasn't there , after a bit of arguing wether to go in , turned out to be one of the most well presented  and tastefull meals we have had in a long time  top marks its what pattaya needs

• Like 2

It was my steak and whilst I agree it should not have happened I am also aware that had I made the point at the time they would have rectified it, it was my choice not to do so. When I brought attention to it here, it was immediately addressed and I was offered a free meal in compensation. I declined the offer based on the fact that by not raising it at the time I denied them the opportunity of correcting it, therefore I was partially at fault. I have eaten 11 steaks at this establishment and on every other occasion they got it spot on. I have never spoken to the chef and only ever spoken on entering or leaving to Yuri two times.

Your comments are correct to a point but in my opinion to harsh regards the Chef, I believe that I have received excellent value for money every time I have been there and that has to be directly attributable to his skill.  

I take your points and hope then that this was a one off slip up. 

Taking a second look at my post I consider I could have been a bit more diplomatic in my post on this matter, altho the content would have been the same.

I must admit that It was posted with the memories of the "at the beginning" outstanding performance of the UK chef (not the chef currently there) when CG first opened as a Chinese Restaurant  and then the steady decline (taking his eye off the ball) and from comments being made it was starting to happen again.

I am very happy to have been proved wrong and wish the chef and restaurant every success.

JDM

• Like 1

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

walked down to china garden promising the wife a lovely Chinese , but was horrified it wasn't there , after a bit of arguing wether to go in , turned out to be one of the most well presented  and tastefull meals we have had in a long time  top marks its what pattaya needs

Fantastic, we have had a fair few people coming in expecting Chinese food ! But like your goodself most have left having eaten a good steak meal or one of the other dishes we offer. I agree that there's room in Pattaya for our type of food, not cheap but value for money, we look forward to seeing you and your wife again.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by China Garden

I take your points and hope then that this was a one off slip up. 

Taking a second look at my post I consider I could have been a bit more diplomatic in my post on this matter, altho the content would have been the same.

I must admit that It was posted with the memories of the "at the beginning" outstanding performance of the UK chef (not the chef currently there) when CG first opened as a Chinese Restaurant  and then the steady decline (taking his eye off the ball) and from comments being made it was starting to happen again.

I am very happy to have been proved wrong and wish the chef and restaurant every success.

JDM

:GoldenSmile1:  I knew what you meant first time mate, the Chinese didn't workout largely because of the former Chinese Chef and his tendency to spend his working shift in Champagne A Go Go or at his brothers bar rather then behind his Wok, he left me with no choice but to terminate his employment after repeated warnings.  I am really happy to have Yuri as my on-site Western manager overseeing the business, we will avoid that gradual decline seen previously. 

Edited by China Garden

As always you are a true professional and your balanced responsive post clearly illustrates this.

I as you know have a lot of friends in pattaya both Farang and Thai many who are not members of any forums

who have spoken very highly of your new restaurant.

I strongly believe it will go from strength to strength even in these hard times as quality and value for money is hard to find.

JDM

• Like 3

Just had a great meal at Steak and CO.

Was a little worried, as I have never had good steak in Thailand.

Service was great, food was very good.  It's not as good as a 5 star steak house in North America, but for Thailand it exceeded my expectations.

Also the price is a great value for what you get.

Will be back again before our trip is done.

Do you know if the Chef has the proper Grill to be able to cook a steak "Chicago" Style?  Charred on the outside, medium on the inside?  I tried to ask the wait staff, but I don't think they had heard of it.

Ask to speak to the chef I am sure it is so as the owner has spent a lot of money ensuring this restaurant provides top quality food.

He has totally refurbished the the restaurant  at a cost of about 5,hundred thousand tb so i believe he has the correct grill to burn the meat 5555.

JDM

Edited by JAI DEE MAK

Well having eaten at the CG cant see how a 5 star steak house in north America could be better but if I ever have the opportunity I would love to try.

Recommended the place to a friend who tried it and stated that its the best steak he's had in Thailand and he has lived here a long time.

I have had steaks in America and Germany where they do take their meat seriously and in my opinion its as good if not better.

Damm feeling hungry now

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Went to Steak & Co last night and very much enjoyed a 250 gram Aus Steak, with Blue Cheese Sauce and Mash on the side and a ceasar salad.....food was fantastic, staff were attentive and not a long wait time for the food...two thumbs up!  I'll be back many times ;-)

MClub - Central Pattaya Gentlemen's ClubThe Best place for an Afternoon-Delight!Open from 2 pm to 12 Midnight.......Friendliest Girls in Town - Discreet Daytime Fun!

M_Club_Pattaya_banner468.gif

www.MclubPattaya.com

Went to Steak & Co last night and very much enjoyed a 250 gram Aus Steak, with Blue Cheese Sauce and Mash on the side and a ceasar salad.....food was fantastic, staff were attentive and not a long wait time for the food...two thumbs up!  I'll be back many times ;-)

Fantastic, thanks for giving us a try and see you again.

Cheers

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Sent two requests for reservation (2 and 3 days ago) no reply.

Is the venue still alive?

Included 'MrDK" as a reference in both requests.

Sent two requests for reservation (2 and 3 days ago) no reply.

Is the venue still alive?

Included 'MrDK" as a reference in both requests.

We are alive ! Reservations for dinner or for the rooms at China Garden ? I will mention it to our web-hosting company, bookings can be made via telephone (038425001)

Sorry about that

Ian

We are alive ! Reservations for dinner or for the rooms at China Garden ? I will mention it to our web-hosting company, bookings can be made via telephone (038425001)

Sorry about that

Ian

I did get a response yesterday and immediately completed the deposit via PayPal

• Like 1

Having had the opportunity to eat here last week I may as well add my review.

Restaurant was not too busy at the time I had the meal. The waitress was attentive and repeated the order to me which was spot on with what I had requested. The starters were excellent and the main meal arrived promptly and was one of the best steaks I have had for years. Presentation was very professional and overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience.The manager visited my table to make sure everything was to my satisfaction and Gerry the chef also visited my table to ensure the meal was to my approval ( didnt have time to talk to him as i was too busy munching) .

Overall a very pleasent experience and the 250g steak was well enough for me.

I will gladly recommend to my friends and I look forward to my next stay and my next excellent steak on my return.

Well done Ian, Yuriy and Gerry and staff. Another satisfied customer.

• Like 1

Too be fair

On different steaks most chefs (use the term lightly) most are cooks or have a few courses / certifictes that that make them think they are chefs

I'm am not knocking your restraunt never ate there and due to the mileage probably never will

My problem is each chef/ cook has a different idea on Blue medium well done etc etc depending How've they've been trained

Me. I just say now no blood and not burnt to death

this is in the UK as well as Thailand

TBH one chef came out and told me why you can not. say medium

UK this but not an English chef

So told him why can't. You understand simple instructions.

Not happy then

Me and the missus finished the bottle and went

As I said before, not disrespecting no reason to do that

Just the cooking varies from chef

By the way I've eaten a100+ GBP steak in Engand 59 BT over here

Normally 3-550bt though

Hate this streak cooking phrases just don't give me blood

Too be fair

On different steaks most chefs (use the term lightly) most are cooks or have a few courses / certifictes that that make them think they are chefs

I'm am not knocking your restraunt never ate there and due to the mileage probably never will

My problem is each chef/ cook has a different idea on Blue medium well done etc etc depending How've they've been trained

Not happy then

Normally 3-550bt though

????????

• Like 2

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Too be fair

Not happy then

Normally 3-550bt though

Tough one..Its either Eminem or maybe Puff Daddy !

• Like 2

I think I'm missing something.... 

Christmas Dinner has been fully booked by 2 large groups, we will be closed from 12 noon - 19.00 pm on the 25th December to cater for this event.

We will open at 19.00 pm on the 25th December with the "standard menu", I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience, we will post a notice on the door shortly to this effect. 

Thank you

Ian

Edited by China Garden

Too be fair

Not happy then

Normally 3-550bt though

The short answer is you are a complete tool.

The short answer is you are a complete tool.

I would use the love button on this post.

• Like 2

Too be fair

Not happy then

Normally 3-550bt though

To be fair anyone who sets himself up as a steak expert and thinks they are seeing blood on their plate when eating rare steak has a bit to learn.

Water and myoglobin forms the stuff you believe is blood mate.