IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

If I order a steak and it cannot come to my table under its own power it's over cooked :-)

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Blue is blue. Rare is rare. Not same same

Edited by Swinga

ummm

Roses are red

My steak is blue

Big chef Gerry

Will bring it for you

:WinkGrin1:

• Like 2

A decent vet could bring a blue steak back to life

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I think Chef Gerry sits in the corner on his laptop reading this thread and putting names to faces so he can confront them when they next visit!

:GoldenSmile1:  Chef Gerry does reads this thread avidly.   :DeadHorse2:

But its only to make our restaurant the best it can possibly be ! I know that I respond on this thread but its Chef Gerry & the Manager Yuri who are there every day making sure things are running smoothly, I owe them both a lot for the success we have enjoyed so far! 

A decent vet could bring a blue steak back to life

:LOL2:

Edited by China Garden

Incorrect

Blue is seared only and is still at room temperature inside. If it has started to cook and leaves blood on the plate then to me that would be rare and hence overcooked

My blue steak was perfect!

My mistake. Thanks for the info. Hope your ok after eating it that way.

:GoldenSmile1:  Chef Gerry does read this thread avidly.   :DeadHorse2:

But its only to make our restaurant the best it can possibly be ! I know that I respond on this thread but its Chef Gerry & the Manager Yuri who are there every day making sure things are running smoothly, I owe them both a lot for the success we have enjoyed so far! 

Ian!  You have lost me as a paying customer!  Why would I want to have a meal and listen to Chef Gerry piss and moan about mine and other reviews that "get his back up"?  Realistically you are serving 3 star pub grub, at the same price I would pay in Australia and  cooked by a 4th year apprentice without the drama!

Ian!  You have lost me as a paying customer!  Why would I want to have a meal and listen to Chef Gerry piss and moan about mine and other reviews that "get his back up"?  Realistically you are serving 3 star pub grub, at the same price I would pay in Australia and  cooked by a 4th year apprentice without the drama!

:ThumbUp6: I got home at 5.00 am after a night on the town in BK, I had to read that about 8 times ... jesus its a Sunday !

Edited by China Garden

:ThumbUp6: I got home at 5.00 am after a night on the town in BK, I had to read that about 8 times ... jesus its a Sunday !

Steak & Co is closed Sundays then? :Think1:

sorry to hear this....

I was liking what I was reading about this place

I highly value "Nix's" input & have no time for a primma donna, know it all wanna be chef, that thinks his shit doesn't stink

From my experience, most of them are alchco's

Ego over customer service....is a path to destruction

JMHO.......and I'm no egg spurt

sad to hear this

hang on lads ,  the last few posts could be a wind up !!

I had three meals there in late September , and everything was good . I did fancy one of the girls for desert but that came to nothing !

I quite like a whine with my meal.

sorry to hear this....

I was liking what I was reading about this place

I highly value "Nix's" input & have no time for a primma donna, know it all wanna be chef, that thinks his shit doesn't stink

From my experience, most of them are alchco's

Ego over customer service....is a path to destruction

JMHO.......and I'm no egg spurt

sad to hear this

I'm confused? Why would the chef not be reading feedback on the Internet? Seems like a no brainer to me, unless the windup has gone right over my head.....

I'm confused? Why would the chef not be reading feedback on the Internet? Seems like a no brainer to me, unless the windup has gone right over my head.....

I too assumed it was a wind-up  :GoldenSmile1:  I read the comments several times and assumed nobody could be offended by a Chef actively reading this thread and fixing any problems mentioned  :Surrender1:

I quite like a whine with my meal.

Chef Gerry doesn't "piss & moan" to customers, true there was an incident when we first opened about "the butter" and Chef's response but that was a learning curve! Since then Nixonsbest and many others have praised our food and Chef "Realistically you are serving 3 star pub grub,". 

Edited by China Garden

hang on lads ,  the last few posts could be a wind up !!

I had three meals there in late September , and everything was good . I did fancy one of the girls for desert but that came to nothing !

Edited by China Garden

This is one paying customer I could do without...full of his own self importance

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

While Americans argue that the burger is an American thing they are actually wrong.

Americans only made popular putting a burger between buns.

Burgers themselves go back way further than that and traditionally and originally contained breadcrumbs.

So your analogy is very wrong.

You guys aren't the pioneers you think you are on many levels. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Brits know food like cows know algebra. 

• Like 2

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Brits know food like cows know algebra. 

I had an ex-girlfriend who could solve the odd quadratic equation ..........turned out to be a right cow 

This is one paying customer I could do without...full of his own self importance

yes the guy does a few restaurant reviews, and thinks he is Gordon fucking Ramsay!
  • Like 4

Our new bespoke menu covers are en-route from the UK and should be operational next week, basically the same menu content but with Thai & Russian translations & a bigger wine list!

We will continue to open from 12.00 noon until 23.00 pm but the lunch-time menu will stop, many of the popular dishes will be added to the main menu with a few being dropped. Basically our full menu will be available all day...

IMG_0334.jpg

Edited by China Garden

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Creek Australian Wagyu Rib-Eye Steak is now available at Steak & Co. priced at 1,100 Baht for 250g and 1,600 Baht for 400g. We use Jack's Creek beef as they breed, raise and slaughter the cattle and thus the quality is consistently higher.

It's not cheap, I know that but its well prices for Pattaya and its does taste divine!

Wagyu

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Wagyu beef)

220px-Wagyu.jpg

A Wagyu bull

Wagyu (和牛 Wagyū?, literally "Japanese cow") refers to several breeds of cattle, the most desired of which is genetically predisposed to intensemarbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from such wagyu cattle is known for its quality, and demands a high price. In several areas of Japan, wagyu beef is shipped carrying area names. Some examples are KobeMishimaMatsusaka, Ōmi, and Sanda beef.

Australia[edit]

The Australian Wagyu Association is the largest breed association outside Japan.[9] Both fullblood and Wagyu-cross cattle are farmed in Australia for domestic and overseas markets, including Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, the U.K., France, Germany, Denmark and the U.S.A.[10] Australian Wagyu cattle are grain fed for the last 300–500 days of production.[citation needed] Wagyu bred in Western Australia's Margaret River region often have red wine added to their feed as well.[11]

Wagyu.jpg

Wagyu-2.jpg

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2