Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Hi Ian. Just wanted to be the 2,000 reply on this topic. 4weeks and counting until I get a chance to stay again in your wonderful rooms and get myself one of those juicy steaks,,,,,

Hi Ian. Just wanted to be the 2,000 reply on this topic. 4weeks and counting until I get a chance to stay again in your wonderful rooms and get myself one of those juicy steaks,,,,,

only out by 799! 

• Like 1

No idea where I got that number from but there ya good. I better check that it is 4 weeks in case I am supposed to be there already. Now that would really piss me off. Apologies for my little error, I am sure it won't be my last one around pattaya..

Nice 1 Irish.....And I see you spell whiskey the correct way.......Not like the porridge gobblers 555

Called in for a feed last week with a mate.

I had a porterhouse (medium / mushroom sauce) with veggies & hand cut chips - it was delicious and certainly the best steak I've had in Thailand.

My only complaint is that the meal was so big I didn't have room to try a single dessert! Maybe next visit?

Keep up the good work.

Called in for a feed last week with a mate.

I had a porterhouse (medium / mushroom sauce) with veggies & hand cut chips - it was delicious and certainly the best steak I've had in Thailand.

My only complaint is that the meal was so big I didn't have room to try a single dessert! Maybe next visit?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks to all of you who have supported us, business is getting better & better as we head in to high season!  Our plan is to have "dessert cabinet" near the entrance in the next couple of weeks, so if you spot one as your coming in you will leave just a little extra room.

Edited by China Garden

Thanks to all of you who have supported us, business is getting better & better as we head in to high season!  Our plan is to have "dessert cabinet" near the entrance in the next couple of weeks, so if you spot one as your coming in you will leave just a little extra room.

What is the price point on the desserts?

What is the price point on the desserts?

Around the 150 Baht mark still, maybe a little cheaper.

Edited by China Garden

'Steak & Cake'    :ThumbUp6:

Edit: I'm trademarking that just in case!

Edited by taylor1975
  • Like 1

'Steak & Cake'    :ThumbUp6:

Edit: I'm trademarking that just in case!

Shake and bake?

Visited Steak & Co tonight with a friend, meal to the now expected standard whilst the following improvements were noted, 1. The burger is much improved and cooked how I requested. It was obvious from the texture that you are now making your own or have resourced a better supplier. 2. Soup spoons were in attendance, I therefore had to order the bisque. 

Visited Steak & Co tonight with a friend, meal to the now expected standard whilst the following improvements were noted, 1. The burger is much improved and cooked how I requested. It was obvious from the texture that you are now making your own or have resourced a better supplier. 2. Soup spoons were in attendance, I therefore had to order the bisque. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the burger, we do make our own 100% Wagyu Burgers from scratch, I really wanted our burgers to shine on the menu like our steaks. Soup spoons **tick** .... we do have many more improvements & tweaks planned in the next month! 

Edited by China Garden

Visited for lunch earlier in the week as the girlfriend wanted a T- bone. I ordered the filet mignon and we shared a large carafe of house white.

The steaks were awesome and the wine certainly quaffable for the price paid.

The only negative was the difficulty in communicating that I wanted my filet cooked 'blue' as it wasn't on her tick list. Eventually a guy sat in the corner with his lap top, who I assumed to be connected with the restaurant , intervened and a perfect 'blue' steak eventually appeared.

I will return

Visited for lunch earlier in the week as the girlfriend wanted a T- bone. I ordered the filet mignon and we shared a large carafe of house white.

The only negative was the difficulty in communicating that I wanted my filet cooked 'blue' as it wasn't on her tick list. Eventually a guy sat in the corner with his lap top, who I assumed to be connected with the restaurant , intervened and a perfect 'blue' steak eventually appeared.

I will return

Don't use slag language why not just say rare if they don't understand blue. I am assuming that is how you wanted it?

Don't use slag language why not just say rare if they don't understand blue. I am assuming that is how you wanted it?

maybe because a steak ordered blue and a steak ordered rare or even very rare are not the same

http://www.colinmcnulty.com/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-cook-a-blue-steak/

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Can't wait to try the place. One more month and I will see you. Great kitchen by the way. I have been following this from the beginning. Hope lots of success

Cheers tommy x

• Like 1

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I will return

Chef Gerry is learning Thai, when there aren't any customers in the restaurant he sit's in the corner on his laptop learning, so it was probably him. Your right we don't have "blue steaks" on the check-list the waitresses use, I'll fix that next time I'm in Pattaya as we do have a fair few orders for that doneness. Please again you liked the steak & wine ! See you again

Edited by China Garden

They are slightly different, Chef Gerry does know how to cook a good "blue steak" and has been asked at least 6 times to my knowledge, its something I need amend on our ticky box thing.

Untitled-1.jpg

Blue and rare are very different

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Blue and rare are very different

yep

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Chef Gerry is learning Thai, when there aren't any customers in the restaurant he sit's in the corner on his laptop learning, so it was probably him. Your right we don't have "blue steaks" on the check-list the waitresses use, I'll fix that next time I'm in Pattaya as we do have a fair few orders for that doneness. Please again you liked the steak & wine ! See you again

I think Chef Gerry sits in the corner on his laptop reading this thread and putting names to faces so he can confront them when they next visit!

Incorrect

Blue is seared only and is still at room temperature inside. If it has started to cook and leaves blood on the plate then to me that would be rare and hence overcooked

My blue steak was perfect!

• Like 2

I think Chef Gerry sits in the corner on his laptop reading this thread and putting names to faces so he can confront them when they next visit!

lol.[emoji23] [emoji23]