Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Would the saving really be that much compared to the hassle of lugging a box load of frozen turkeys around? Wouldn't your weight limits be exceeded with all that meat?

Don't think I be too keen to eat a turkey that's been dragged half way around the world in someone's luggage :)

Would the saving really be that much compared to the hassle of lugging a box load of frozen turkeys around? Wouldn't your weight limits be exceeded with all that meat?

Don't think I be too keen to eat a turkey that's been dragged half way around the world in someone's luggage :)

No problem at all as I hardly touched the luggage between my home and final destination in LOS.

22 pound turkey in the US: Between free and $10 each (in November)

22 pound turkey in LOS: Up to $100 each.

A $1500 saving for the local charity that received them free of charge.

My weight limit for checked luggage: 210 pounds checked, plus 60-80 pounds carry-on.

That allowed for three turkeys in each bag.

With dry ice (-100º) and proper packaging they all arrived fully frozen.

Actually all suitcases were covered with white outside when they arrived.

Yet, you probably eat chicken in Thailand that isn't even refrigerated.

No problem at all as I hardly touched the luggage between my home and final destination in LOS.

22 pound turkey in the US: Between free and $10 each (in November)

22 pound turkey in LOS: Up to $100 each.

A $1500 saving for the local charity that received them free of charge.

My weight limit for checked luggage: 210 pounds checked, plus 60-80 pounds carry-on.

That allowed for three turkeys in each bag.

With dry ice (-100º) and proper packaging they all arrived fully frozen.

Actually all suitcases were covered with white outside when they arrived.

Yet, you probably eat chicken in Thailand that isn't even refrigerated.

Works out well then. So who's up for a bit of Turkey smuggling :)

Ok, well you understand the theory, we all can agree. If your about looks, then maybe try this.

It's a practical suggestion, why not relax the steak on a cold plate, in it's juice, then serve after it's relaxed on the serving plate that is cold. I don't understand the concept of putting a relaxed steak back on a hot plate. It doesn't make sense. With this idea, you get to keep the serving plate clean, the steaks relaxed correctly in it's own juice, and it's not reheated.

Back to review

Had the beef carparcio, very nice except chunks of rock salt, it would have been better if they had gone through a salt grinder coursely ground, if you were looking for that effect, Chewing on big rocks of salt was not liked by myself or teerak. Otherwise it was great beef. I found myself looking for dash more of olive oil. Overall a 8/10

Teerak had the 250gm ridbeye, I had the 400gm ribeye, someone got consfused as to what cut was what, the little flags must have been missed by the chef, waitress was confused who's was who, so were we.Yuri came to sort out the confusion, not a big deal, until I realised it was my steak teerak doused in murshroom sauce and murdered any chance to taste the meat by itself. She's quick to get her mits on good food. :-)

The 400gm it was a better cut, and had moisture as opposed to the 250gm. I can only gather the the theory above made the 250gm dryer i.e  to relax, then reserve on a hot plate, being a smaller cut. By serving back on a hot plate your essentially cooking the steak twice until it relaxs again. A larger cut can be more forgiving doing this.

Overall 9/10

Your still the best steak place in Pattaya

As a suggestion maybe you could add some good quality aged beef for a special every now and then. Villa markets has 1824 a very well known steak brand in OZ, we eat it often, they had 150 day aged agnus retail price 1700baht a kilo for a whole ribeyes. I'm sure wholesale would be cheaper and thus you could add it as a top shelf special dish every now and then. I'd buy it.

At the Swiss tearoom Grottino Pattaya towards the end of the soi right of TukCom you can buy real “Bündnerfleisch”, much better than the carpaccio (not: carparcio) shown on your dish.

(Grottino also has a hotel in Bangkok near Sukhumvit Road.)

Why do you take it that it antagonised anyone?

I ate there regularly last trip which was ultra low season and it was packed most nights with expats - more European based (not so many English) - Scandinavians and the like - as well as a lot of farangs with TG - so it seems they are regulars - who are unlikely to go on Trip Advisor - just like I would not..

Beefeater is Swedish owned, so no surprise you see Scandinavians there.

Steak & Co you needed to say thank you to some of your patrons that took the time to criticize whilst still supporting you, I noticed that as of today you stand at 74th position out of 562 Pattaya restaurants on Tripadvisor, whereas Beefeater stands at 179 out of the same number. Need to set your sights a little higher now me thinks. You had the courage to back your business idea with your own money and then put the work in and it seems to be paying off. Now you enter the truly hard territory of both maintaining and improving on what you offer.

Generally Trip Advisor reviews are written by tourists

The fact that Beefeater is 179th is not a reflection of its reputation or probably income coupled with the fact that it is packed most nights

Your real market are the people who live there - thats your bread and butter

So whilst it is good to be high on the list - Trip Advisor is not the Holy Grail

Totally agree, one bad meal will put someone off from coming back even after being a frequent customer. I really do appreciate the support and feedback given even if its was negative feedback, its enabled us to improve elements of our business quickly.

There is plenty of hard work ahead, as we get busier there will be new stresses and new challenges, at first some may exposed weaknesses but its how we deal with the problems not the fact there are problems. Yuri, Gerry and I are committed to free and open communication with our customers, via this forum, Facebook, Trip Advisor or face to face in the restaurant... thats our plan on keeping our existing customers happy and finding new customers, be that ex-pat or tourists.    

The credit card machine arrived today, I'm just waiting for Yuri to complete the staff training in-oder to go live with it

Today, on Tripadvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g293919-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX), Beefeater is #11, Beerfest (!) #23, Pattaya Beer Garden (!) #34, Steak & co Pattaya #53, ...

What a joke!

Today, on Tripadvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g293919-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX), Beefeater is #11, Beerfest (!) #23, Pattaya Beer Garden (!) #34, Steak & co Pattaya #53, ...

What a joke!

Furthermore how is the price in Beefeater £62?

Only 10 reviews

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Only 10 reviews

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

10 reviews and heading upwards ! Your right with more reviews we will get a higher ranking, we only opened 2 months ago.

We now accept credit & debit cards at no extra charge.  I will look in to the Turkey situation next week when I'm back in LOS.

I am dragging back from the UK a burger press, 12 pie dishes and dariole moulds for panna cotta, unfortunately the menu's still aren't finished so they will forward on to Thailand in a week or so. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Great place, went in last month, not many people in at the time, staff are very friendly, inside and outside is spotless and looks great

We had a good meal

Will be back in december

• Like 1

Furthermore how is the price in Beefeater £62?

Beer Garden number 34!!!! I go there because "she who must be obeyed" likes it, I can honestly say I've never enjoyed 1 meal there.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Heaps of people rate the beer gardens food and many say it is their favourite restaurant.

I just get a beer and enjoy the view.

• Like 3

Beer garden is consistant, falang food Ok, but Thai food awesome. All thai lady loves it. Never get a bad meal, just a good standard to follow compared to many places that dish crap inconsistant food. Spag bol there is the best in pattaya on comparison.

ummm

I have visit a Steak & Co restaurant in Pattaya twice . This is my impression of the dinners I have in this restaurant. Steak & Co was open in the middle of the August. This steakhouse and burger joint is located in the China Garden hotel in the Soi Leng Kee .The restaurant have a modern décor related to Australian no nonsense design style. Nice large tables ,soft and comfortable seats. On the both sides of restaurants walls there are the very big flat TV sets , so you can watch a football game or any other sport for that matter. This restaurant have a open plan kitchen and you can observe a chef's preparing your food. Steak & Co have also 3 tables outside if you fancy a little alfresco experience. This restaurant have a very effective air conditioning system and outside there is a quiet and powerful fans. The first time I has visits Steak & Co on my own , fancy a quick bite before an evening in Walking Street. Among the people who has greeted me in the restaurant was the Head Chef Gerry .I have ask for recommendation for something quick and easy . I didn't want any big dinner ...just something quick before action. He has recommended house burger with chunky chips and homemade coleslaw . I was really pleased that I has followed his advice , since this simple homemade burger was the best I have ever eaten. Everything was perfect. Burger was cooked to perfection meat was extremely tasty and juicy. Just a little salad and beat of relish which didn't overshadow a lovely taste of the meat. Everything was complimented by fantastically tasted home made coleslaw. Yummy! I didn't care that much about chunky chips , because I'm rather large person and they are not that good for me.This burger and ice cold Tiger beer was perfect start before busy evening. I have only a praise for the hard working and very friendly waiting staff of this restaurant . After this evening of the quick bite , I knew that I'll have a proper dinner in this restaurant.

So few days later I have visited this restaurant again this time for the formal dinner with my Thai girlfriend. Again as before , we were greeted very politely by the restaurant manager Yuri.

This restaurant have rather clever concept for the Thai sweethearts ,who doesn't like eat too much meet and they are not that keen on the falang food. So the menu have rather nice Thai section as well.

We have start with complimentary bread and butter plus some very nice relish to go with, while waiting for the proper food to come. I have ordered the food that we can share together .Our starter was Buffalo Hot Wings with a blue cheese dressing . My GF "TT" has ordered Tom Yum Koong soup. We have also ordered drinks which was served very promptly. Buffalo Wings was absolutely delicious and we both enjoyed them very much .Chef Gerry has served us some really testy additional deeps . The soup was quite spicy even for my Thai GF taste , but never then less she has enjoyed quite a lot. In the meantime the lovely waitresses make sure that we had enough cold drinks to mute the heat coming out of the spices. For the main course we have ordered big plate of mix Fajitas which we can share together.Again I can only compliments Chef for lovely sizzling hot pan prime cut beef and chicken. Everything in this dish was plentiful for two of us. "TT" was really enjoying making this delicious tortillas for both of us. I can use only one word DELICIOUS! For the desert she have a lovely large piece of the cheesecake which really really enjoy it. I was full up with all plentiful food we have so I had skipped dessert. All and all it was a great evening. The food was fantastic hospitality of the restaurant people was exemplary. I have been very surprised by some negative reviews of this restaurant. My experience was absolutely positive and I can fully hearted recommend this place for the food quality and hospitality.

Andym2u

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I have a message out to a friend of mine that owns The Golf Club.Him and I and our spouses dined there,until he opened up his place on LK.

Will get the name for you.

The problem is my friend,it was a forgettable experience.It was average.Nothing special.Thats my point.

I can however tell you exactly what I ate at Rockpool is Sydney 12 years ago and I've only been to Il Terrazo twice but could probably give you a detailed drawing of the Patio.

The Swiss restaraunt I went to was fucking average..at best.

And congrats on living there.My schedule is open in January so maybe we can get together and you can show me around.

If I could handle it for more than 5 minutes.

Sorry, I seriously doubt if I want to meet you in real life.

I am even going to ignore you from now on.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Sorry, I seriously doubt if I want to meet you in real life.

I am even going to ignore you from now on.

So I guess thats not an apology then?

Please don't dissappoint me and NOT ignore me.

Think people enjoy the view of the beer garden rather than the food

Heaps of people rate the beer gardens food and many say it is their favourite restaurant.

I just get a beer and enjoy the view.

I enjoy everything about the beer garden, food, drink, view, etc.

Beer garden food is average at best.

Beer garden is consistant, falang food Ok, but Thai food awesome. All thai lady loves it. Never get a bad meal, just a good standard to follow compared to many places that dish crap inconsistant food. Spag bol there is the best in pattaya on comparison.

Nice view at the Pattaya Beer Garden indeed, but I doubt I will ever order something to eat there.

• Like 2

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

i think you need to update your website regarding the new restaurant being opened. the website still shows the old restaurant. it is very confusing. i had to double check the thread the website and addresses to make sense of it.

from a newbie perspective who have no idea about pattaya location and map.

Meatheads,

I thought I should share some of my best work from home...

Seasoned meat + smokin' hot pan sear + oven + temp probe = Sexy Results!

IMG_20141022_013116.jpg

• Like 1

i think you need to update your website regarding the new restaurant being opened. the website still shows the old restaurant. it is very confusing. i had to double check the thread the website and addresses to make sense of it.

from a newbie perspective who have no idea about pattaya location and map.

Agreed, I'm back from the UK now so I will be giving our website & Facebook some TLC