IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

What a load of crap , so you imply by your post that there are no great chefs in Scotland or the UK , just proves how little you know about good food

Let’s say England and Scotland share an island and on that island they’ve got some delicious roasts and smoked salmon.

Not to forget pies and pudding.

Which continent?

There are a bunch of them.Be more specific.

Ask the pommies where “the Continent” is: everything except the islands that drive the wrong side.

I guess you’re not familiar with European cuisine.

Swiss Food on Soi Diamond is a long established restaurant with well trained staff.

It’s clean and cosy and the food is excellent and reasonably priced.

The owner and his son are always present, not directing from 10,000 kilometres away.

If you ever travel around the world you’ll be happy to find a good Swiss restaurant.

I’ve found them at such desolate places as Swaziland, Iguaçu and the Amazon.

There seems to be a Swiss hotel-restaurant in Angeles City too.

As I’ve never visited Oceania or Antarctica, I can’t comment on those remote continents.

I am fairly well versed in European Cuisine.

We have a Swiss restaraunt here in Sidney BC as well.Its not bad,but not great.

I have been to Swiss on Soi Diamond more than 4 times but unsure of exactly how many.The first time was somewhere around 2002.

I found it to be pleasant,but not wildly exciting.

I would back up my statement to BM Duvell, that its not all that and a fat bag of Doritos.Meaning,it isn't the end of the world good.

I love fine dining and Swiss is good but not great.My opinion.

Now,Le Crocodile in Vancouver is all that.

Edited by Skalliwag

Ask the pommies where “the Continent” is: everything except the islands that drive the wrong side.

Can you draw a map please?lol.

Go straight until u reach the third intersection when you reach that intersection you need to turn around and take the first intersection. Now that's the first intersection that u come to not the first one from where u started. Are u with me so far :)

Go straight until u reach the third intersection when you reach that intersection you need to turn around and take the first intersection. Now that's the first intersection that u come to not the first one from where u started. Are u with me so far :)

Your forgetting the roundabout-straight on or veer to the left :Think1:

Steak & Co Lunch Menu!

For starter I choose the Ceasar Salad @ 160B,  all good for my tastes, well balanced and the dressing was not overpowering, served with cherry tomatoes, which is not a traditional Caesar Salad but I enjoyed it.  Could be a larger serving for the price.

post-82617-0-06100700-1412429310_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-84045100-1412429334_thumb.jpg

The steak sandwich @ 345B comes with sauteed onion, mushrooms and mustard, I ditched the mushrooms and added beetroot, all good!

post-82617-0-90024000-1412429359_thumb.jpg

I would have liked to have had the steak sandwich in toasted bread or a hamburger bun, that way you could have a whole piece of steak in there instead of cutting one in half..

post-82617-0-29417300-1412429387_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-33235200-1412429412_thumb.jpg

I am fairly well versed in European Cuisine.

We have a Swiss restaraunt here in Sidney BC as well.Its not bad,but not great.

I have been to Swiss on Soi Diamond more than 4 times but unsure of exactly how many.The first time was somewhere around 2002.

I found it to be pleasant,but not wildly exciting.

I would back up my statement to BM Duvell, that its not all that and a fat bag of Doritos.Meaning,it isn't the end of the world good.

I love fine dining and Swiss is good but not great.My opinion.

Now,Le Crocodile in Vancouver is all that.

You should be more precise.

There are two Swiss restaurants on Soi Diamond: Swiss Food and Swiss House.

Until some years ago there was one more at the location that is now Spanky’s gogo.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Can you draw a map please?lol.

Even maps from Roman times will do, long before the discovery of Nieuw Amsterdam (aka New York) and Nieuw Holland (aka Australia).

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

You should be more precise.

There are two Swiss restaurants on Soi Diamond: Swiss Food and Swiss House.

Until some years ago there was one more at the location that is now Spanky’s gogo.

Have they both been there since 2001?

We sat in booths?Maybe red ones?

Edited by Skalliwag

Steak & Co. 

Stopped by to try your afternoon menu, not going into too much depth this time around, as I have just two major points; Afternoon staff training and soup spoons.

Steak & Co.

Stopped by to try your afternoon menu, not going into too much depth this time around, as I have just two major points; Afternoon staff training and soup spoons.

OK, I will talk with Yuri tomorrow. I'm in the UK for next 10 days, when I'm back we will expand our wine list, add home-made deserts & work on the Christmas / New Years Eve menu.

We do have home-made burger patties now, 100% Wagyu Chuck

Edited by China Garden

Stopped by lat night to give this place a go.

1 comment- Finally a decent steak in Pattaya! You got to be happy with that.

Nice beef, good quality and fair pricing. 

Ordered the trio to share for with teerak, they were great. My girl loves that shaved ham/jamon, where can you buy that in Pats? I buy it for her in oz, but never found it here, so it was nice to eat it on the menu.

The mains - she had medium rare fillet mignon 200gm- mushroom sauce, vegetables and mushroom sides. All good. The steak was overcooked on edges, I got her to cut ii in half it was pink in middle. A common problem cooking mignon as you try to cook the bacon, the steak edges get cooked quicker. The soft good quality beef made way to eat this and be happy with it. A less quality meat would have been tough. 

I had the 250g rib eye medium rare, mash and mushroom sauce - cooked nicely, pink, but bordering to well in a minute

-Comments - 

The bread and butter served complimentary - that butter was nice and creamy. I heard others complain here to salty . I liked it. Very nice.

House red is fantastic I had 2 glasses, she had 1.

The mushroom sauce a bit on the salty side, I found I didn't add salt to my meal, suggests the chef has a added a fair bit of it. She liked it, I preferred less salt and like to add it when needed.

The mash was Ok, nothing fantastic. I suggest a garlic mash with some chives would be better suited or similar.

Don't serve steak on hot plates, they doesn't relax until the heat is gone, this lead to the steaks being over cooked almost. I didn't enjoy my steak until it went soft and relaxed.

Other then that I loved it, will go back again and crack a 400gm baby, we had eaten all day so weren't ultra hungry but found it was great to finally have a decent steak. Bill was 2000 baht. Enjoyed paying for it.

Nice work, keep up the improvements.

Pic of half eaten trio's and my rib eye.

20141008_203645 (1024x614).jpg

20141008_205149 (614x1024).jpg

ummm

OK, I will talk with Yuri tomorrow. I'm in the UK for next 10 days, when I'm back we will expand our wine list, add home-made deserts & work on the Christmas / New Years Eve menu.

We do have home-made burger patties now, 100% Wagyu Chuck

When did you change the burger patties over?

I popped in last night for a burger

I thought the burger pattie was a lot dryer than normal and not as tasty as before

Steak & Co. 

I agree about the lack of soup spoons, I ate a fantastic mushroom soup there yesterday with a desert spoon, no big deal, but should be rectified.

As for the staff, I had fantastic service, very attentive, possibly a little over serviced, I have had 2 different 2 course meals here over the last few days and been extremely satisfied with both.

It might be time for a change with the stuffed tomato though, I think I witnessed about 4 plates go back with them untouched, I ate mine, but possibly the chef could find a better alternative or stuffing.

I love the trio of crostinni (think that is what it is called) pictured above in Swinga's post.

When did you change the burger patties over?

I popped in last night for a burger

I thought the burger pattie was a lot dryer than normal and not as tasty as before

We changed the burger patties about 4 days ago, after trying every combination under the sun and eating more burgers then I care to mention we settled on home-made ground Wagyu Chuck with just a little egg & seasoning, put in the chiller to firm up. When I tasted the burger there was no need to add extra fat to the blend, the Wagyu had a marble score of 5/6 and had plenty of fat content, to me it tasted beefier then the store bought burgers and the texture was more natural, less compressed. When I'm back I will check again and show some pictures of our burger making process / wagyu chuck we use.... We do want to get these burgers as good as possible, even if I die of burger over dose!

I agree about the lack of soup spoons, I ate a fantastic mushroom soup there yesterday with a desert spoon, no big deal, but should be rectified.

As for the staff, I had fantastic service, very attentive, possibly a little over serviced, I have had 2 different 2 course meals here over the last few days and been extremely satisfied with both.

It might be time for a change with the stuffed tomato though, I think I witnessed about 4 plates go back with them untouched, I ate mine, but possibly the chef could find a better alternative or stuffing.

I love the trio of crostinni (think that is what it is called) pictured above in Swinga's post.

I'm really glad you liked the food & service... I will sort out the spoons today or tomorrow via Yuri, when I'm back I will check the tomatoes...

Thanks

Ian

P.s Doing a Trip Advisor report would really help me & the business grow! Thank you

Stopped by lat night to give this place a go.

1 comment- Finally a decent steak in Pattaya! You got to be happy with that.

Nice beef, good quality and fair pricing. 

Ordered the trio to share for with teerak, they were great. My girl loves that shaved ham/jamon, where can you buy that in Pats? I buy it for her in oz, but never found it here, so it was nice to eat it on the menu.

The mains - she had medium rare fillet mignon 200gm- mushroom sauce, vegetables and mushroom sides. All good. The steak was overcooked on edges, I got her to cut ii in half it was pink in middle. A common problem cooking mignon as you try to cook the bacon, the steak edges get cooked quicker. The soft good quality beef made way to eat this and be happy with it. A less quality meat would have been tough. 

I had the 250g rib eye medium rare, mash and mushroom sauce - cooked nicely, pink, but bordering to well in a minute

-Comments - 

The bread and butter served complimentary - that butter was nice and creamy. I heard others complain here to salty . I liked it. Very nice.

House red is fantastic I had 2 glasses, she had 1.

The mushroom sauce a bit on the salty side, I found I didn't add salt to my meal, suggests the chef has a added a fair bit of it. She liked it, I preferred less salt and like to add it when needed.

The mash was Ok, nothing fantastic. I suggest a garlic mash with some chives would be better suited or similar.

Don't serve steak on hot plates, they doesn't relax until the heat is gone, this lead to the steaks being over cooked almost. I didn't enjoy my steak until it went soft and relaxed.

Other then that I loved it, will go back again and crack a 400gm baby, we had eaten all day so weren't ultra hungry but found it was great to finally have a decent steak. Bill was 2000 baht. Enjoyed paying for it.

Nice work, keep up the improvements.

Pic of half eaten trio's and my rib eye.

Thank you for coming in & your feedback. We do rest the steaks on a cake rack before plating & flashing the plate under a hot grill, we capture the steak juices and use them in the next day's stock pot, things like flavouring the mash are best done on request as everyone prefers things slightly different, Chef wanted an "olive mash" which I didn't agree too... We are happy to tweak any dish / side, just ask the Chef or Yuri and we will be happy to do it.

I'm please you thought the pricing was fair & you enjoyed the food and wine, our aim is to keep getting better and better ! See you again soon!

I have written several balanced reports on the steak house, I kept it short this time, glad you agree regards soup spoons  :Evil_Grin2:  I should have been more specific about the staff, it was not that there was a lack of friendliness. I went in at about 3.45pm and was the only customer. I sat myself on one of the middle tables set for two, facing the window and throughout my two courses I was faced by 6 members of service staff. Two by the door two centre of the window and two by the cash desk, I began to feel like the proverbial specimen in a jar. For once I would have enjoyed a little less attention :Whistle:  I even became a little self-conscious  about how I was using a desert spoon to eat my soup with  :huh:

• Like 3

Yuri is on the case with the Soup spoons, we are taking out the desert spoon from our place settings on the table and adding the soup spoon, if a customer orders desert we will take over the right spoon, I planned on adding Soup De Jour to our main menu once our new bespoke wooden menu overs are finished & shipped from the UK in around 3 weeks time.

Have they both been there since 2001?

We sat in booths?Maybe red ones?

As I told you there were not two, but at least three Swiss restaurants on Soi Diamond until a couple of years ago.

In all of them are (were) tables and chairs, not booths.

At the one at the current location of Spanky’s the bar was downstairs and the restaurant upstairs.

I doubt if you have ever set foot on Soi Diamond.

You could as well be a troll.

As I told you there were not two, but at least three Swiss restaurants on Soi Diamond until a couple of years ago.

At the one at the current location of Spanky’s the bar was downstairs and the restaurant upstairs.

And you are certifiably a fruit cake.

the restaraunt was not exactly memorable in food and embiance,and I was there three times and it was 10 years ago.

Tell Ya what.Im there in January,I will point it out for you.

• Like 2

Hi Chef Gerry, good to see your putting faces to BM names!

Another good lunch at S & C, the sweet and sour on the peppers was not overpowering , no problems or extra charge for changing the veggies to the house salad, pork chop was excellent, I even chewed the bone and their still kicking goals with the potato wedges!

post-82617-0-45424000-1412856266_thumb.png

post-82617-0-89597100-1412855752_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-85869200-1412855828_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-97107800-1412855919_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-60052900-1412855968_thumb.jpg

2014-10-09 22.54.22.jpgJust had the pleasure of dining at Steak and Co again.

Had the 250 gram or 10 oz in real weight Black Angus Sirloin with chips rather than hand cut wedges as before.

No sauce as either a/ I am common or b/ putting a complicated (Flavor wise) sauce on such good meat is sacrilege.

Service excellent they even remembered I liked horseradish sauce and had in stock without prompting.

Steak knifes are virtually superfluous there it is so tender and flavourful steak cooked as ordered and again excellent.

The vegetables for those that care about such things (Not me) were best described as uninspired. A personal opinion only I would of much preferred a few beer battered onion rings and a couple of mushrooms. Alternately if you want fancy a couple of asparagus spear a couple of baby carrots lightly cooked then sautéed with a dash of black pepper job done and easy peasy  throw in a few petit pois if you want that extra Michelin star.

Kind of hesitate to mention the next bit as so minor was a bit of confusion again re vinegar understandable as all I asked for was vinegar and didn't specify for my chips so I got the oil and balsamic vinegar.  Luckily the condiment tray was brought out. Only really make this comment to enable the owner to fine tune his service didn't detract from the experience at all. Would suggest just bring out the condiment's with the meal.

So bottom line it has improved from my last visit which I thought the food was excellent.

Only let down was the veggies or decoration as I call them and fair play not the best judge.

Edited by GlennUK
  • Like 2

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Who gives a crap about how many and where they are (were) and what kind of decor they have (had)....this is a Steak and Co topic....just maybe are you are (were) a former owner of a place that is (isn't) anywhere near as good as S and C.

So I suggest keeping your trolls to yourself.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.