Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Lasagne (plural of lasagna; compare: spaghetti, plural of spaghetto) can also contain salmon.

I see.

Their menu says lasagna.

It is also speaks of a dish backed into an oven! :SoWhat1:

I backed into an oven once.

Dented my bumper.

• Like 2

I would suggest offering other choices w/ the lasagna for those horrified by chips w/ lasagna. How about a side of sauteed spinach w/ garlic and olive oil instead? 

I would suggest offering other choices w/ the lasagna for those horrified by chips w/ lasagna. How about a side of sauteed spinach w/ garlic and olive oil instead? 

French Fries & Salad are kinda English traditional pub style side-dishes ....  But if you want something else just let the staff know and if its available we will be happy to swap out the side! The customers always right  :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by China Garden

Sounds disgusting

When you can have chips

• Like 1

Thanks for the review, we are making improvements all the time both in service, food & décor. Although the burgers are generally OK I agree, to me they have a similar consistency to a doner kebab, very presses & compacted, the hand-made ones we have worked on & will introduce has a far more rustic and beefer taste .... I ordered 10 kilo's of Wagyu Chunk already, they are checking stock in Bangkok or it will be ordered from Australia and arrive next Thursday, bottom line is I want our burgers to be a signature dish after steaks and we cant do that unless we make our own! 

Ian, I like your idea but you've been told before -your patties need some bread crumbs - not much-but enough. (the fans readin this cry murder but it's not the case...It's been around for years, by every expert this side of mars that had a gradma..she did it this way... Don't think it's not the norm. Otherwsie your just serving rissoles on a bun.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/juiciest-hamburgers-ever/

Edited by Swinga

ummm

And to add, lay off waygu chuck for a burger...it's full of fat...Waygu is fatty naturally, perfect for steak....chuck is evern more fatty...prefect for slow cooking stews and waiting for meat to melt....Be scientific about the idea. A waygu chuck steak patty will be greasy and very strong tasting...Aquired by only those who love that. To add, a fatty greasy burger that fall aparts due to fat content, and no bread crumbs will save it

Edited by Swinga

ummm

Some good quality minced, ground meat, will be fatty enough, season it, --Ask your agnus supplier what they have in plain old agnus minced/ground.

ummm

French Fries & Salad are kinda English traditional pub style side-dishes ....  But if you want something else just let the staff know and if its available we will be happy to swap out the side! The customers always right  :GoldenSmile1:

A small green salad would also work. 

I do think the chips w/ lasagna really is a Brit thing.

Can't imagine that's big in Italy. 

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 2

100% beef and nothing else is rissole, meat ball, whatever you call it. It aint a burger patty.

But your right 30% fat - Waygu and a chuck cut goes beyond that.

ummm

I was lucky enough to be slave to my parents that served the good old Aussie burger for many years. The patties always had a few bread crumbs. it was the norm and my parents made sure we overtook the neighbhood in burgers. 

Every butcher will tell you bread crumbs stop the meat shrinking. It helps the meats hold form. Your eating a burger for god sake. You can't taste it. The bloody bun is full of bread.

ummm

Burgers are an American thing, so trying to say 100% beef is wrong is like telling a Thai chef that sum tom should have carrot in it for sweetness. Perhaps it's the way you like it, but it's not original and certainly crazy to say a 100% beef patty isn't a hamburger; it's like saying sum tom with only papaya isn't really sum tom.

100% beef, seasoned with salt and pepper. That's the American way. Like it or not, it is.

Put egg or breadcrumbs in it if you feel like it. We Americans will say 'enjoy your meatloaf sandwich.'

Edited by expatdude
  • Like 3

Yes said the Maccas yank man selling Angus australian beef 

I've seen what the US do to burgers

Edited by Swinga

ummm

This is what it's meanto to look like...LOL..Angus burger from the US

hero_pdt_mselect_grand_angus_wheatgerm_bun_au.png

ummm

Burgers are an American thing, so trying to say 100% beef is wrong is like telling a Thai chef that sum tom should have carrot in it for sweetness. Perhaps it's the way you like it, but it's not original and certainly crazy to say a 100% beef patty isn't a hamburger; it's like saying sum tom with only papaya isn't really sum tom.

100% beef, seasoned with salt and pepper. That's the American way. Like it or not, it is.

Put egg or breadcrumbs in it if you feel like it. We Americans will say 'enjoy your meatloaf sandwich.'

While Americans argue that the burger is an American thing they are actually wrong.

Americans only made popular putting a burger between buns.

Burgers themselves go back way further than that and traditionally and originally contained breadcrumbs.

So your analogy is very wrong.

You guys aren't the pioneers you think you are on many levels. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yeah, we know how to do it. The above is a prime example of what is possible. 100% beef patty. We give a nod to our Aussie brothers by using their beef.

Proper condiments also. No fucking beets (beetroot to you weirdos).

I've advised Obama to do some surgical airstrikes to take out the meatloaf sandwich stand at the corner of Buakow and Diana. (I believe the bombs are smart enough to take it out without hurting the pasta stand next to it.) I'm hoping I won't have to add Ian's place to the target list.

• Like 2

While Americans argue that the burger is an American thing they are actually wrong.

Americans only made popular putting a burger between buns.

Burgers themselves go back way further than that and traditionally and originally contained breadcrumbs.

So your analogy is very wrong.

You guys aren't the pioneers you think you are on many levels. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You haven't burst anything. A hamburger is widely know as an American thing. Your silly example is like saying that pasta is not Italian, but Chinese. Go travel around a bit and ask people where hamburgers come from.

I am well traveled and it's only Americans that regard it as an American thing. In fact most so called American food is not American. You saying my example is silly then using your own misinformation about pasta shows that you are trying to be smart but failing. Pasta is in fact Chinese and was brought to Italy by Chinese. You can claim ownership but in the end it doesn't mean it's true.

I am well traveled and it's only Americans that regard it as an American thing.

That's just flat-out, 100% wrong.

In fact most so called American food is not American. You saying my example is silly then using your own misinformation about pasta shows that you are trying to be smart but failing. Pasta is in fact Chinese and was brought to Italy by Chinese. You can claim ownership but in the end it doesn't mean it's true.

I used my example very carefully. The origins of pasta are in China, but pasta is Italian.

If you go to most people and say "What country is famous for pasta?" They say Italy.

If you go to most people and say "What country is famous for hamburgers?" They say America.

Your definition of the origins of food could go all the way back to the origin of life. "There's no such thing as Chinese food, it was stolen from the primordial soup!"

Edited by expatdude