IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Baileys & Bacardi...  I will sort JB & JD when I'm back from the UK as I have to edit the menu also. 

Our first night selling spirits and we sold 2 Grey Goose & 1 Smirnoff Vodkas ! It pays to listen to your feedback...  :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers,

Ian

Oh I thought I saw something behind it that said Jack Daniels.

Baileys. What do I win? 

Edit: Oops too late.

Edited by ertert
  • Like 1

Here is our lunch time menu, its available from 12.00 - 17.00 pm in addition to our full menu which is available from 12.00 noon - 23.00 pm from Monday 29th September

A4 Lunch Menu.jpg

Great news that your opening from 12 noon next week and that I can still get stuff of the main menu as although the lunch menu is appealing I really want a big steak to try your place out with first.

• Like 1

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Went in last night for my dinner

I had the cheese burger with hand cut wedges

Very good burger

Has to be the best I have had in Pattaya in a long while

The wedges were spot on with the 2 dips

Very nicely presented and very good value for money

Considering the quality

The vodka and soda was spot on as well

Keep up the good work

• Like 2

Yesss! Mr Steak Sandwich I'm looking forward to meeting you on Monday! Please bring Mr Beetroot with you!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Good luck with the Lunch menu. Looks impressive.

Agreed. If the food tastes as good as it sounds, that could bring them in. 

Here is our lunch time menu, its available from 12.00 - 17.00 pm in addition to our full menu which is available from 12.00 noon - 23.00 pm from Monday 29th September

Will this be prepared fresh daily?

That's one thing I have never been accused of.lol.

you've got that right Mr Wag.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Worked all day didn't get a bite to eat, driving past and thought by Buddha there is a parking space, squeezed into it, crossed over the road thinking; "will I have steak or a burger". There's the sign on the door.......... open @ 5pm, I look at my watch and its bloody 4 pm, boy did I curse you guys.

Worked all day didn't get a bite to eat, driving past and thought by Buddha there is a parking space, squeezed into it, crossed over the road thinking; "will I have steak or a burger". There's the sign on the door.......... open @ 5pm, I look at my watch and its bloody 4 pm, boy did I curse you guys.

Sorry about that, Chef Gerry has to train the Thai Chef the lunch-time menu but from Monday on-wards we will be open from noon!  Chef Gerry & I have been having a Mexican stand-off over the burgers, I want home-made burgers and he wants to keep the purchased burgers which everyone seems to enjoy. For the past few weeks we have been working on a new patty which will be introduced shortly, basically its 100% Wagyu Chuck ground, egg yolk to help bind it and salt & pepper seasoning, shaped in to 180g patties and chilled ........ Personally I think they are superior to what we "buy-in" but Chef Gerry is not convinced, I will post again once we have swapped over to my preferred burger and get your guys informed feedback. 

cheers

Yesss! Mr Steak Sandwich I'm looking forward to meeting you on Monday! Please bring Mr Beetroot with you!

Some thing's like Lasagne & Lamb Tagine will be prepared in advance & chilled, not frozen....  I tried the Lamb Tagine and oh boy its good!  

Edited by China Garden

If possible, can you post some pictures of the lunch menu items? To me this menu is more interesting than the dinner menu as I've said I'm not usually one to get excited about a steak dinner.  About your lasagna, what does it contain?

As in:

pork?

beef?

spinach?

ricotta cheese?

mozzarella cheese?

bechamel cream?

Sorry about that, Chef Gerry has to train the Thai Chef the lunch-time menu but from Monday on-wards we will be open from noon!  Chef Gerry & I have been having a Mexican stand-off over the burgers, I want home-made burgers and he wants to keep the purchased burgers which everyone seems to enjoy. For the past few weeks we have been working on a new patty which will be introduced shortly, basically its 100% Wagyu Chuck ground, egg yolk to help bind it and salt & pepper seasoning, shaped in to 180g patties and chilled ........ Personally I think they are superior to what we "buy-in" but Chef Gerry is not convinced, I will post again once we have swapped over to my preferred burger and get your guys informed feedback. 

cheers

Home made all the way gentlemen. 

• Like 2

If possible, can you post some pictures of the lunch menu items? To me this menu is more interesting than the dinner menu as I've said I'm not usually one to get excited about a steak dinner.  About your lasagna, what does it contain?

As in:

pork?

beef?

spinach?

ricotta cheese?

mozzarella cheese?

bechamel cream?

I am afraid I'm not going to be in Pattaya for 3-4 weeks but I will ask Yuri for some pictures & the recipe from Chef, it might take a few days if they are busy 

Edited by China Garden

Ok still hungry so i grabbed the lass and headed back down, parking space still there :Evil_Grin2:  We ordered some wine then the lass ordered the Avocado and crabmeat tindle  to be followed by the 200gm Filet with french fries and mushroom sauce. Seeing as I am trying to test the menu I ordered the prawn cocktail followed by the Australian burger with Potato wedges.

Big mistake for us both, The prawn cocktail was huge, excellent quality but even getting the lass to help me I was stuffed by the time I finished it. This meant that my girl wanted me to help her with the avocado and crabmeat starter. I will admit that while we have healthy appetites  our actual consumption is less that most. Nevertheless I can recommend both, subject to you stomachs capacity  :wink:

When the mains arrived my lady had ordered her steak medium, on this occasion it was most definitely medium rare. Fortunately she is becoming a true carnivore and declared it fine to eat and enjoyed it, stating it was  second only to the steak I cook for her at home :Hello1:  (hey she knows who pays the bills   :Whistle: ). That puts it above some very highly thought of restaurants in this town.

The potato wedges were much improved from when i first tried them, no longer soft and oily, they are now crisp and dry on the outside and exactly right on the inside along with the french fries. The lass declared them both up to standard. The staff are far more relaxed and therefore smile more easily which made a massive difference.

Now the reason I had ordered the burger was because of a earlier post in this thread about burgers that I had just replied to. No one asked me how I prefered my burger, what arrived was well done, in my opinion the burger itself was very finely minced, dry and with little flavour. When making burgers at home we purchase Australian or US meat, grind it ourselves and bind it with eggs. I can say without a doubt the burger served to me this evening fell well short of this amateurs own poor efforts.

I can therefore now say based on experience  I support the boss, you should make your own burgers in the future. When and if you do I will try them again, right now the burgers for me are off the menu.

ps I like the changes in progress it was a bit of a cavern before.

Edited by Cerberus

Ok still hungry so i grabbed the lass and headed back down, parking space still there :Evil_Grin2:  We ordered some wine then the lass ordered the Avocado and crabmeat tindle  to be followed by the 200gm Filet with french fries and mushroom sauce. Seeing as I am trying to test the menu I ordered the prawn cocktail followed by the Australian burger with Potato wedges.

Big mistake for us both, The prawn cocktail was huge, excellent quality but even getting the lass to help me I was stuffed by the time I finished it. This meant that my girl wanted me to help her with the avocado and crabmeat starter. I will admit that while we have healthy appetites  our actual consumption is less that most. Nevertheless I can recommend both, subject to you stomachs capacity  :wink:

When the mains arrived my lady had ordered her steak medium, on this occasion it was most definitely medium rare. Fortunately she is becoming a true carnivore and declared it fine to eat and enjoyed it, stating it was  second only to the steak I cook for her at home :Hello1:  (hey she knows who pays the bills   :Whistle: ). That puts it above some very highly thought of restaurants in this town.

The potato wedges were much improved from when i first tried them, no longer soft and oily, they are now crisp and dry on the outside and exactly right on the inside along with the french fries. The lass declared them both up to standard. The staff are far more relaxed and therefore smile more easily which made a massive difference.

Now the reason I had ordered the burger was because of a earlier post in this thread about burgers that I had just replied to. No one asked me how I prefered my burger, what arrived was well done, in my opinion the burger itself was very finely minced, dry and with little flavour. When making burgers at home we purchase Australian or US meat, grind it ourselves and bind it with eggs. I can say without a doubt the burger served to me this evening fell well short of this amateurs own poor efforts.

I can therefore now say based on experience  I support the boss, you should make your own burgers in the future. When and if you do I will try them again, right now the burgers for me are off the menu.

ps I like the changes in progress it was a bit of a cavern before.

Thanks for the review, we are making improvements all the time both in service, food & décor. Although the burgers are generally OK I agree, to me they have a similar consistency to a doner kebab, very presses & compacted, the hand-made ones we have worked on & will introduce has a far more rustic and beefer taste .... I ordered 10 kilo's of Wagyu Chunk already, they are checking stock in Bangkok or it will be ordered from Australia and arrive next Thursday, bottom line is I want our burgers to be a signature dish after steaks and we cant do that unless we make our own! 

Edited by China Garden

Yes.Just for you as you are simple.

Go to Swiss please,as it means I won't see you at Steak and Co.

I've been to Swiss and it's basically shit.Simple enough?

Each to their own.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

As promised ... Top shelf spirits, its not perfect but covers most of the bases and it was a last dash effort before heading to the UK, when I am back we can add other spirits if you think they will sell! We already have Black Sambuca & they didn't have any Lemoncello ;-(

Limoncello (not: lemoncello) you can buy at many supermarkets catering for farangs, Friendship Supermarket and Foodland included, even at cheap charlie places such as Tesco Lotus I think.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Baileys. What do I win? 

Edit: Oops too late.

Ladies like Baileys.

As in:

pork?

beef?

spinach?

ricotta cheese?

mozzarella cheese?

bechamel cream?

Lasagne (plural of lasagna; compare: spaghetti, plural of spaghetto) can also contain salmon.

Visited last Sunday with some friends and can only say we all enjoyed the food, together we had fillet, T-Bone, Ribs, burger and a couple of other steaks, presented very nicely and very good quality food all round, I will be back next time I'm in town and sure a couple of the girls will be visiting again soon, keep up the good work.

Sorry about the broken glass, opps.

• Like 1