IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Thanks for the best wishes & sorry for the confusion, currently we are still evolving and the "Daily Specials" are something we hope to do in the future, its not something we have briefed the staff on, its only in the planning stage with Chef Gerry. 

Tonight we are working on a new Panna Cotta desert, we are planning a desert cabinet for early November with all home-made deserts. 

Edited by China Garden

I can understand focusing on your strength and business goal  which is steaks.

But now I'm confused again.

Your staff told me clearly there are no specials and now you mention a specials board.

Before here you also said no dinner specials.

If there is a specials board shouldn't that be on display on the street where the menu is so people can consider that when walking by your restaurant?

There is a lot of foot traffic there. I think yes people generally plan on a big expensive steak dinner night out. But people walking by might be attracted by a special in a fancy place like that at a more down to earth price. You might even get walk ins attracted by the special and then just tempted by the wonderful offers on the menu. 

BTW, the pictures of your steaks really do look good. Best of luck with your venture.

The prices are very down to earth for the quality of the food on the menu

Loads and loads of cheaper restaurants in Patts

But you get what you pay for

A 149 baht special is 149 bahts worth

Horses for coarses

Another good meal at S&C, staff have gelled well with a good mix of service and banter, I was not going to get a starter but I am sucker for open sandwiches and smoked salmon @ 195B

post-82617-0-05530300-1411484544_thumb.jpg

They kicked goals with the potato wedges and garlic mayo.

post-82617-0-36407900-1411484770_thumb.jpg

@ 360B it's a quality feed, well portioned and a reasonable price.

post-82617-0-06316500-1411484916_thumb.jpg

The Aussie Burger, the photos not the best, burger look burnt but it was not!

post-82617-0-75279300-1411485201_thumb.jpg

Slice some of those steaks in half and you could do a nice steak burger/sandwich at the same price!

• Like 1

For the most part Ian the reviews have been favorable that's great you seem to be trying different things adding things to the menu removing things that aren't moving from the menu. It's not at all easy keeping everybody happy the larger the menu the more products you have to serve but also have to attempt to get it just right to keep the public happy in no way is that easy have you ever given thought that maybe your menu is too large too many different items and maybe you should concentrate on the core items. A good example of this is in and Out Burger from the west coast in the u.s they have a ridiculously small menu but you can't get a seat in any of the locations I have ever been in most times of the day it's that busy. It's just a thought maybe something to think about maybe not I wish you continued success I will get down there one day when I can talk the boss into buying dinner :-)

gygytyre.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

For the most part Ian the reviews have been favorable that's great you seem to be trying different things adding things to the menu removing things that aren't moving from the menu. It's not at all easy keeping everybody happy the larger the menu the more products you have to serve but also have to attempt to get it just right to keep the public happy in no way is that easy have you ever given thought that maybe your menu is too large too many different items and maybe you should concentrate on the core items. A good example of this is in and Out Burger from the west coast in the u.s they have a ridiculously small menu but you can't get a seat in any of the locations I have ever been in most times of the day it's that busy. It's just a thought maybe something to think about maybe not I wish you continued success I will get down there one day when I can talk the boss into buying dinner :-)gygytyre.jpg

I said the same thing earlier in the thread.

Be known as being the best at some things,not average at all.

There is a Place in Port Alberni West Coast of Vancouver island that has fucking incredible burgers.

We always stop there before we launch our boats for a burger and we hit it as soon as we pull the boats out to go home.

They are always packed,but because the menu is simple,service is fast.

Constructive critics is good but you just can't simply keep everyone happy all the time.

Sorry guess I missed your post a classic example of brilliant minds think alike :-)

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Sorry guess I missed your post a classic example of brilliant minds think alike :-)

That's one thing I have never been accused of.lol.

For the most part Ian the reviews have been favorable that's great you seem to be trying different things adding things to the menu removing things that aren't moving from the menu. It's not at all easy keeping everybody happy the larger the menu the more products you have to serve but also have to attempt to get it just right to keep the public happy in no way is that easy have you ever given thought that maybe your menu is too large too many different items and maybe you should concentrate on the core items. A good example of this is in and Out Burger from the west coast in the u.s they have a ridiculously small menu but you can't get a seat in any of the locations I have ever been in most times of the day it's that busy. It's just a thought maybe something to think about maybe not I wish you continued success I will get down there one day when I can talk the boss into buying dinner :-)

gygytyre.jpg

I totally agree about no expanding our menu too much, I read a recent market research data which showed restaurants with around 60 items were more successful then those who has larger menu's, chains such as Olive Garden have been losing market since expanding their menu. I have been tweaking our menu but that usually means "adding & removing" dishes rather then simply adding.

Edited by China Garden

The prices are very down to earth for the quality of the food on the menu

Loads and loads of cheaper restaurants in Patts

But you get what you pay for

A 149 baht special is 149 bahts worth

Horses for coarses

If you thought I was suggesting offering specials at that low a price in that venue you are completely mistaken. 

Completely in your imagination. Not anything I said. 

Look, the owner here himself said he was going to offer lower priced (than the menu) specials long ago. I asked the staff and they said no. I wanted to followup with the owner and I did. 

I am satisfied with his responses.

BTW, that steak dish with the crust looks amazing. Owner, please keep us informed on if that gets on to the menu and also the price. 

Edited by Kreggerz

If you thought I was suggesting offering specials at that low a price in that venue you are completely mistaken.

Look, the owner here himself said he was going to offer lower priced (than the menu) specials long ago. I asked the staff and they said no. I wanted to followup with the owner and I did.

BTW, that steak dish with the crust looks amazing. Owner, please keep us informed on if that gets on to the menu and also the price.

I very much doubt Pheat was suggesting that. Just example of what is out there.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Well whoopdee fucking do.

Go to Swiss.Ive been there.It ain't all that and a fat bag of Doritos.

Can you translate that into Simple English ?

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

said a balloon chaser? sheesh

ummm

I rekon Ian can tie the balloons to the specials board menu for you

ummm

I rekon Ian can tie the balloons to the specials board menu for you

I think you are projecting. What a sad pursuit, insulting people on internet forums based on idiotic and wrong assumptions about them. 

Kreggerz, if your asking for specials and wanting a price update on a place that obvioulsy isn't doing 199 baht deals then there's no pursuit and insult. I read your posts.

ummm

Kreggerz, if your asking for specials and wanting a price update on a place that obvioulsy isn't doing 199 baht deals then there's no pursuit and insult. I read your posts.

There you go again. 

I never mentioned anything about such a low price at a fancy place like that.

I was just following up on a statement made by the owner long ago about his intentions.

I got the answer but you insist on pushing this into a personal insult. That says a lot about you and nothing about me.

The steak in crust dish was said to possibly be put on the menu there. Yes I do want to know if that will be the case and I also want to know the price. There is nothing wrong with considering the price of things and yes of course higher quality justifies higher price. Personally, I am not usually a steak house kind of dinner. I often spend a lot on many different kinds of food but steak isn't  usually an irresistible attraction for me. But that crust dish really interests and I still would like to know the price. I don't have an exact number in mind but if it's 1000 baht it wouldn't be worth it to me but I don't expect it would ever be cheap either. 

Edited by Kreggerz

As promised ... Top shelf spirits, its not perfect but covers most of the bases and it was a last dash effort before heading to the UK, when I am back we can add other spirits if you think they will sell! We already have Black Sambuca & they didn't have any Lemoncello ;-(

IMG_3774-(1).gif

Edited by China Garden

Whilst in the UK I am ordering these "real wood menu covers" which will be bespoke and have the Steak & Co. logo.

Our plan is not to expand the menu but merely offer a fuller description of our dishes then what we currently can with out single sided menu. 

real-wood-menu-cover_leather-2.jpg

We are having a new central partition fitted, part of it went in today but it will be finished on Saturday. I wont impact dinners but you may wonder what's going on, the idea is to make a more cozy / personal dinning experience rather then the complete open plan feel we have right now. 

I have commission a new wooden wine rack which can store up 70 different Red Wines ! I am in contact will a couple of wine suppliers and in about a month we will have a fuller selection of Wine & Red Wines.

Edited by China Garden

I very much doubt Pheat was suggesting that. Just example of what is out there.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Correct

Just stating there are 101 restaurants in Patts doing specials at a lower price point

Some of which I partake in often

But sometimes you want something a little better and Steak & co provides this but at a higher price

Steak& co will be rammed in high season once the word gets out

No need to do specials to get the punters in

In my opinion fantastic value for the quality of the food offered

( Australian imported ribeye is 1700/1800 baht a kilo in festival/ friendship/big c extra supermarkets)

You have to cook the steaks yourself

Edited by Pheat

Can you translate that into Simple English ?

Yes.Just for you as you are simple.

Go to Swiss please,as it means I won't see you at Steak and Co.

I've been to Swiss and it's basically shit.Simple enough?

As promised ... Top shelf spirits, its not perfect but covers most of the bases and it was a last dash effort before heading to the UK, when I am back we can add other spirits if you think they will sell! We already have Black Sambuca & they didn't have any Lemoncello ;-(

That's better!  Missing Jim Beam and JD.

• Like 1

That's better!  Missing Jim Beam and JD.

What's that behind the Malibu?

What's that behind the Malibu?

Baileys & Bacardi...  I will sort JB & JD when I'm back from the UK as I have to edit the menu also. 

Our first night selling spirits and we sold 2 Grey Goose & 1 Smirnoff Vodkas ! It pays to listen to your feedback...  :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by China Garden