IGNORED

Fish and Chips with Real English style chip shop curry

I think every time i am in Pattaya i ask on the forum about english chip shop style curry ( all the brits will know what i am talking about) its niot spicy like other curries. The best i had was in blackpool England  put on chips much like Aussies have gravy on chips. I have read Simon's in Jomtien and Not just Curry and chips on Second Road do the curry sauce.

From what i have read Simon's does sauce that is exactly like the one in England. But i have never been to Jomtien and seems a bit far to go just for curry sauce. Has anyone tried any good ones in Pattaya the one i had in England was very mild and even had raisons /sultanas i think. I have bought the granual stuff in Australia but it dosen't compare to the curry sauce i had in Blackpool. I had one at the jolly friar last time but it wasn't the same. Any Brits out there tried chip shop curry that is the same as the ones back in the UK.

Curry sauce on F&C is sacrilege IMO.............

............but have you tried The Village Chippy off Third road?

The most popular curry sauce in Northern England fish & chip shops is Mayflower curry sauce. It is a Chinese "style" sauce and comes in 5kg powder bags.

You can mix it as thick or as thin as you like.

I imagine it is available through wholesalers in Pattaya.

Hope this helps !!

The most popular curry sauce in Northern England fish & chip shops is Mayflower curry sauce. It is a Chinese "style" sauce and comes in 5kg powder bags.

You can mix it as thick or as thin as you like.

I imagine it is available through wholesalers in Pattaya.

Hope this helps !!

yeh i have the powder stuff in Australia but its just not the same as the one i had in England.

Try Wok n Rok I am sure they can manage it indeed I am pretty sure its on the menu and all their stuff is "English style Chinese food"

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Fish n chips with curry sauce comes 2nd only to pie & mash with liquor take it there's no p&m shops in pattaya?

Fish n chips with curry sauce comes 2nd only to pie & mash with liquor take it there's no p&m shops in pattaya?

There is :)

In the arcade where Beefeaters is behind Papagayo on Soi Diana

There is :)

In the arcade where Beefeaters is behind Papagayo on Soi Diana

Will have to pop in when I'm over, have you eaten there, what's it like compared to back home.

I think every time i am in Pattaya i ask on the forum about english chip shop style curry ( all the brits will know what i am talking about) its niot spicy like other curries. The best i had was in blackpool England  put on chips much like Aussies have gravy on chips. I have read Simon's in Jomtien and Not just Curry and chips on Second Road do the curry sauce.

From what i have read Simon's does sauce that is exactly like the one in England. But i have never been to Jomtien and seems a bit far to go just for curry sauce. Has anyone tried any good ones in Pattaya the one i had in England was very mild and even had raisons /sultanas i think. I have bought the granual stuff in Australia but it dosen't compare to the curry sauce i had in Blackpool. I had one at the jolly friar last time but it wasn't the same. Any Brits out there tried chip shop curry that is the same as the ones back in the UK.

Hi Tez101

Welcome to Wok N Rok. You need look no further. We are UK Standard Chinese restaurant. Our Chef has been trained in UK Chinese restaurants for 6 years and we do what it says on the tin. This is the real Chinese curry sauce. Made on our premises from scratch.

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664

Here's our thread. Check the reviews.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/185070-wok-n-rok/page-3

And yes, we do Fish and Chips as part of our Western menu. Same English style batter. Very nice with curry sauce.

FishChips.jpg

Banner.jpg

Hi Tez101

Welcome to Wok N Rok. You need look no further. We are UK Standard Chinese restaurant. Our Chef has been trained in UK Chinese restaurants for 6 years and we do what it says on the tin. This is the real Chinese curry sauce. Made on our premises from scratch.

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664

Here's our thread. Check the reviews.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/185070-wok-n-rok/page-3

And yes, we do Fish and Chips as part of our Western menu. Same English style batter. Very nice with curry sauce.

attachicon.gifFishChips.jpg

attachicon.gifBanner.jpg

Thanks for that and i'm glad that you are so close to my hotel i will try you out first. Only problem is its just gone 12 am as i read this thread and you close at 12 so i will pop in tomorrow.

Thanks for that and i'm glad that you are so close to my hotel i will try you out first. Only problem is its just gone 12 am as i read this thread and you close at 12 so i will pop in tomorrow.

i think i read on another thread that they are open untill 2am now

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

i think i read on another thread that they are open untill 2am now

The kitchen's open until 02:30am.

I sell Mayan curry paste in my shop. Would be happy to bring you some but I won't be getting there for 5 months yet :(

Will have to pop in when I'm over, have you eaten there, what's it like compared to back home.

Never identical mate but yeah its OK. You can get better at Voodoo in Jomtien but they only do one option whereas the Pi n Mash shop on Diana is just that and has all the choices. I have to say I dont worry too much about it as after 27 years away i have come to actually prefer gravy to liquor now.

Below is a pic from Voodoo

Here is their facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo-Restaurant-Jomtien/295573710578919

10294456_10152195722022946_6757967379102420271_n.jpg

I'm staying in jomiten so will give it a try thanks. Also apologies to the op for hijacking his thread.

Yeah that pie looks evil, but the F&C in the photo at #9 look real nice, so I may try them soon.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I have seen better pies tbh but Don't knock it until you try it lol

Archived