IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

No onion rings on the menu but onion in the curry. We do have side orders though. Some people like to dip spring rolls and crackers in their curry sauce!

Thanks.. Will try that on Thursday. What time does your shop opens and closed at ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.. Will try that on Thursday. What time does your shop opens and closed at ?

Food is 12pm - 12am

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...

Had a visit there tonight, ordered chicken curry with fried rice, was so tasty just like the local Chinese in Waterford Ireland, def worth a visit. 10/10 for the curry... Try it lads. There a many on the menu too. Will def come back again and again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had a visit there tonight, ordered chicken curry with fried rice, was so tasty just like the local Chinese in Waterford Ireland, def worth a visit. 10/10 for the curry... Try it lads. There a many on the menu too. Will def come back again and again.

Do you reckon you'll make correct weight for your next ride JK.

Do you reckon you'll make correct weight for your next ride JK.

55555 I,m retired,don't need to watch my weight anymore, I usually eat once or twice a day, yesterday I went to wok n Rok with a empty stomach,

I had the special a few days ago one afternoon "Chicken Curry Rice/Chips + Beer".

I asked if it was hot/spicy and was told "little" so I said I wanted it "hot hot spicy" the lady said "Okay"

It came and it wasnt, it was nice though but I did ask for more heat and it really was on the very mild side of "little"

Saying that though it really was a very authentic British/Chinese curry but perhaps and I only say perhaps, in future your dishes if, as you have said, are cooked to order, a slight thing like more spicy in a curry could be done as requested..

The staff were pleasent and of course I will come back again.but for different dishes.

I know that, having read this thread, you take onboard comments and I hope that you will see mine as a posiitve suggestion.on what seems to be a great new business in the area.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I had the special a few days ago one afternoon "Chicken Curry Rice/Chips + Beer".

I asked if it was hot/spicy and was told "little" so I said I wanted it "hot hot spicy" the lady said "Okay"

It came and it wasnt, it was nice though but I did ask for more heat and it really was on the very mild side of "little"

Saying that though it really was a very authentic British/Chinese curry but perhaps and I only say perhaps, in future your dishes if, as you have said, are cooked to order, a slight thing like more spicy in a curry could be done as requested..

The staff were pleasent and of course I will come back again.but for different dishes.

I know that, having read this thread, you take onboard comments and I hope that you will see mine as a posiitve suggestion.on what seems to be a great new business in the area.

Thanks.

I wont kid you... getting good service is a problem. Our Chef will make it how you want it but it HAS to be relayed back to Her. I will personally look into this and our staff are going through training every morning. But it's a completely new concept to them.. UK Chinese food but we do aim to please.

If you are at all disatified at the communication please ask to speak to the Chef. You will get your curry the way you want it. And thanks for coming to Wok n Rok. Hope to see you again.

OMG that was quick - hey.. I totally understand the difficulties with staff and communication, I had a couple of bars in Phuket years back and, well the words "Yes Boss" did not really mean that much - its just a case of constant repitition until things gell with them sometimes.

Im stuck in my hotel at the moment due to a twisted ankle but will be up and about again in a couple of days hopefully and will return to your place very soon.

Best wishes

BBB

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Guys. Plenty more photos of the meals on our Facebook page. Please have a look.

you should put the link to your facebook page into your signature - if mods allow?

I will make a second try to taste your food - the first time I was totally caught off balance because I had a date with me and was looking for a proper restaurant.

you should put the link to your facebook page into your signature - if mods allow?

For clarification, posting your own (or a business) FB link is fine. Posting other peoples is not.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Gentlemen. Here's actual meal images from Wok N Rok.

We are working hard to get a full portfolio of images but in the meantime here's the start of them.

Satay.jpg
Number 46 on our menu. Chicken Satay.

Spring_Rolls.jpg

Number   7 on our menu. Spring rolls. Hand wrapped. Prepared from fresh

Hot_n_Sour.jpg

Number   4 on our menu. Hot and sour soup.

Kung_Pao.jpg

Number 21 on our menu. Kung Pao chicken.

Ribs_Peking.jpg

Number   5 on our menu. Spare ribs in Peking sauce.

Roast_Duck_Curry.jpg

Number 14 on our menu. Shredded duck curry.

Roast_Pork_Szechuan.jpg

Number 42 on our menu. Char Sui Szechuan.

Beef_Curry_Takeaway.jpg

Number   9 on our menu. Beef curry (take-away)

Chicken_Black_Pepper.jpg

Number 28 on our menu. Chicken and black pepper sauce.

Chicken_Curry.jpg

Number   8 on our menu. Chicken curry (everyones favourite)

Chicken_Noodle.jpg

Number   2 on our menu. Chicken noodle soup.

Egg_Fried_Rice.jpg

Number 67 on our menu. Egg fried rice.

looks yummy - I need to order 4,21,5,42,28,67... 555

funny, I used to eat a lot of char siu in Singapore, but this looks totally different.

do you also have crispy duck and cantonese rice?

Duck curry sounds bad ass right now . And a bit of that spare ribs . Yumm .. Peking sauce same hoisin sauce correct ? I LOVE Chinese food . I will hit your place hard sir . Man good Kung pow chicken is hard to find. I could eat that shit all day every day ...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Because of the rave reviews and the length of time since I've had British style Chinese food I made this place my first port of call when I arrived in Pattaya today.

It was very good but I worry a little that all the profit from my order may have been used up by the amount of chili sauce my wife used on her Chow Mein.

Because of the rave reviews and the length of time since I've had British style Chinese food I made this place my first port of call when I arrived in Pattaya today. <br /><br />It was very good but I worry a little that all the profit from my order may have been used up by the amount of chili sauce my wife used on her Chow Mein.

what do you mean "British style Chinese food" ?..

what do you mean "British style Chinese food" ?..

go to eat authentic Chinese food somewhere (it means chicken feet, duck beaks, pork intestines, etc.) and then report back.

go to eat authentic Chinese food somewhere (it means chicken feet, duck beaks, pork intestines, etc.) and then report back.

Jook with pork intestine is bad ass and can be found in all jook places in patt . Soi lenkee has a stall. Chicken feet deep fry you can get at almost any fry chicken stalls.. Green curry with chicken feet you can get at any Thai curry shop . I LOVE duck feet . Even central festival food court have them . So what's your point ?.. All I was asking is what is British style Chinese food ? I don't care for orange chicken that's made with ketchup sauce and bullshit .

Never seen anyone sell only duck beaks . No one really eats them . Duck tongue is very good . The neck is the second best part .. Feet comes first .

Duck curry sounds bad ass right now . And a bit of that spare ribs . Yumm .. Peking sauce same hoisin sauce correct ? I LOVE Chinese food . I will hit your place hard sir . Man good Kung pow chicken is hard to find. I could eat that shit all day every day ...

Yes and no. Some refer to Hoi sin as Peking and use it as that. It's a good sauce for baking ribs and wings in. Gives it a nice glaze and taste.

Some use Hoi Sin to make a Peking sauce.

She does both sauces. Hoi Sin is expensive to make as it contains peanut butter.

Our Peking sauce just as tasty but she makes it from slightly different ingredients.

Unfortunately there's not a chinese supermarket nearby here where Hoi sin can be bought off the shelf. But I guess that would be too easy, there would be no fun in cooking that...so she tells me! :laugh:

Yes and no. Some refer to Hoi sin as Peking and use it as that. It's a good sauce for baking ribs and wings in. Gives it a nice glaze and taste.<br />Some use Hoi Sin to make a Peking sauce.<br /><br />She does both sauces. Hoi Sin is expensive to make as it contains peanut butter.<br /><br />Our Peking sauce just as tasty but she makes it from slightly different ingredients.<br /><br />Unfortunately there's not a chinese supermarket nearby here where Hoi sin can be bought off the shelf. But I guess that would be too easy, there would be no fun in cooking that...so she tells me! :laugh:

im on it man. Thanks for explaining .

We finally tried this place tonight and I have to say the food is very good. So good that it instantly rocketed onto my "once a week" list.

I had the sweet & sour chicken and the GF ordered fried rice with chicken. Both were excellent.

Total tab with 1 Coke: 275 baht.

I've been there twice this trip.....and it was very good both times. I spoke to the chef since I had a couple of questions about things on the menu and she cleared everything up. "Canadian" Chinese food is a bit different but not to far off. At home I mostly eat chicken balls....the sauces are a lot sweeter (sweet & sour, pineapply, honey-garlic). The sweetest one here seems to be the orange sauce.

I'll be back soon..........

Been back twice this week, had chicken in batter in orange sauce today and was very good, wife was happy to see the black bean sauce back on the menu, l had a little taster of it and was better than the last time, not that there was anything wrong with it last time just little bit different.

Wok n Rok, have you thought about offering water/fruit juice/fanta/sprite with the 'daily special' instead of Leo?

There are some of us here in pattaya who dont drink alcohol and some folks dont like to drink beer whilst eating lunch/dinner/supper and some beer drinkers who dont like Leo, you would maybe sell more 'specials' and would imagine profit margins on these drinks wouldn't differ too much from Leo.

Just a thought!

Archived