IGNORED

Does anybody use a CPAP machine in patts

raviinc

I got a buddy who is traveling with me to pattaya this trip and suffers from sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine in the night to get good sleep and says he has to mask up to connect to machine. I was just wondering how he's going to shack up with a BG with all the gear on his face. Any body using this can give some ideas.

Thanks

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

• 4 weeks later...

I use one... 2 yrs now and i am 46yrs old.. never slept better

U would fuck, spoon and then put it on

These days, they are so quiet if someone slept near you they wouldnt hear it

But if kinky Ya mate might wanna fuck with it on and Sound like Darf Vader when on the Vinegar stroke lol

I just explain to them that it stops me snoring, and then put it on once they have gone to sleep. No problems at all. 

I don't use one, but I had a bar girl tell me in the morning "you snore"!

Snoring in long term can be a Very Bad Health .. So sooner men get one who Snores u will sleep better, get better rest for your border and also less stress on your heart.. As they linked snoring to heart disease

I just explain to them that it stops me snoring, and then put it on once they have gone to sleep. No problems at all.

I think that's a good way to put it across because seeing the mask and the machine they could get scared and think you have some deadly illness.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Cpap is very common today .  The  girl's may inquire to make conversation but many have seen them in use . Not an issue .

Is it hard to get used to going to sleep when you first get a CPAP?

I really want to try one. Any suggestions on what to buy? I don't know the terms yet.

I really want to try one. Any suggestions on what to buy? I don't know the terms yet.

I think phillips respironics is the market leader in cpaps. I know people who have used it for years and they say you get used to it.

Any problem clearing these devices through Thai customs.

I use one... 2 yrs now and i am 46yrs old.. never slept better

U would fuck, spoon and then put it on

These days, they are so quiet if someone slept near you they wouldnt hear it

But if kinky Ya mate might wanna fuck with it on and Sound like Darf Vader when on the Vinegar stroke lol

Or do a Frank Booth on her - "Daddy wants to fuck!!!!!"

00531.jpg

I use mine, used to be self conscious and put it away when I had company but don't sleep worth a shit without it.

After a couple time of feeling the need to explain, the girls usually say "I see before".

Now I don't worry about it, even sometimes use on the plane.

Can you just go and buy one or you need a doctor to proscribe?

You need to get a sleep test done at a sleep clinic to check your AHI index so they can suggest the pressure to be set on the machine.

I have a CPAP and it is important that you do a sleep study to get the correct settings otherwise it may be too strong or not enough, both of which are not good for you.  The sleep study will try different settings while they monitor your sleep levels.  The sleep study is uncomfortable with many wires hooked to you but a necessity to get the proper results and to even know if a CPAP is the answer to your condition.  I have brought a CPAP in and out of Thailand with me and never have been checked but doubt it would be an issue if bags were inspected.  If you buy a machine make sure it runs on 110-240 so as not to have an issue wherever you travel.

Common sense is not very common.

I have a CPAP and it is important that you do a sleep study to get the correct settings otherwise it may be too strong or not enough, both of which are not good for you.  The sleep study will try different settings while they monitor your sleep levels.  The sleep study is uncomfortable with many wires hooked to you but a necessity to get the proper results and to even know if a CPAP is the answer to your condition.  I have brought a CPAP in and out of Thailand with me and never have been checked but doubt it would be an issue if bags were inspected.  If you buy a machine make sure it runs on 110-240 so as not to have an issue wherever you travel.

What do you tell the girls when you LT them? Are they aware of this kind of device being used or else they may feel that there is something drastically wrong with one's health.

• 2 weeks later...

A machine which stops you from snoring.

It is a machine that stops you from wakening up dead.

On e the occasions when I use one with a LT, that's what I explain -- "I snore mak mak - this stop."  Usually let them nod off, then put it on and get a few hours of quality sleep.  I'm almost always up before the TGs, so it's off and put away before they wake up.

On my last trip, I did STs exclusively, so I would see my lovely little companion off, then hit the bed strapped in and sleep like a log for a couple of hours.

I was in such sorry shape when I got mine that I was able sleep without issue (although I have a small scar on the bridge of my nose from where it ended up rubbing the damn skin off!).  It was an AMAZING feeling to actually sleep through the night!

Now I can't sleep worth shit without using it

Any problem clearing these devices through Thai customs.

None whatsoever on my prior 5+ trips, but it's always in my checked bag.

I have an older Respitronic CPAP (10+ years) that is useless on a plane.  I think there are a very limited number that are allowed to be used on planes, and I have considered "trading up" to one, but I know my insurer will screw me on it (they deny EVERYTHING now!).  I would love to have a smaller "travel" one.  Mine is about the size of a shoebox and, with the hose, takes up a ton of room in my luggage.  It's why I ALWAYS have to check a bag when I go to Pattaya.

I just got one for free, and am trying to get used to it.

My neighbor works at a pharmacy, and knows everyone in this little retirement town. I asked her if she'd watch out for a gently used device for sale, and she gave me hers. She used it for maybe a month, and quit. They kept sending supplies, as she calls them, so there are something like 8 new masks, 5 sets of tubes, a bag full of filters, and about 50 of the mask cushions. Oh - and two sets of head gear to keep your mouth closed. Pretty sweet.

It's a Respironics REMStar Plus M Series with the humidifier. Seems to be a very good device.

I'm finding it nearly impossible to sleep with it on. I keep focusing on my breathing, and it keeps me awake! I managed to sleep about 45 minutes in the first 2 hours I had it on.

I'm wearing it for a couple hours in the evening while I watch TV or surf the web, so I can get used to ignoring it. It's getting easier :)

I have an older Respitronic CPAP (10+ years) that is useless on a plane.  I think there are a very limited number that are allowed to be used on planes, and I have considered "trading up" to one, but I know my insurer will screw me on it (they deny EVERYTHING now!).  I would love to have a smaller "travel" one.  Mine is about the size of a shoebox and, with the hose, takes up a ton of room in my luggage.  It's why I ALWAYS have to check a bag when I go to Pattaya.

I also have the 10 year old Remstar and last year decided to buy a more travel friendly unit, also as a backup for when my old original unit goes down.

For $500 i did not even bother to file with insurance, towards the end of the year and it would not have come close to using up my deductible anyway.

Never a problem using on a plane in business with the layflats but I am a little too self conscience to use in economy.

Here is the link:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/devilbiss-intellipap-auto-cpap-machine.html

I also have the 10 year old Remstar and last year decided to buy a more travel friendly unit, also as a backup for when my old original unit goes down.

For $500 i did not even bother to file with insurance, towards the end of the year and it would not have come close to using up my deductible anyway.

Never a problem using on a plane in business with the layflats but I am a little too self conscience to use in economy.

Here is the link:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/devilbiss-intellipap-auto-cpap-machine.html

Thought about doing the same, but had concerns over the proper setting(s).  How did you handle that?

Have you had any issues using in business class?  

I use miles for travel to Asia and always try to get biz or first, with lie flat seats.  Even with lie flat seats, I can't sleep more than about an hour without my CPAP, so that is something that really intrigues me.

Anyone had the sleep lab done in Pattaya?  I know Pattaya International Hospitable don't do them and have been hand balled to Bangkok Pattaya Hospitable! 

Thought about doing the same, but had concerns over the proper setting(s).  How did you handle that?

Have you had any issues using in business class?  

I use miles for travel to Asia and always try to get biz or first, with lie flat seats.  Even with lie flat seats, I can't sleep more than about an hour without my CPAP, so that is something that really intrigues me.

Ever since getting screwed by the hospital that did my sleep study on the first round of equipment, I have bought supplies and equipment from cpap.com.

It does help that they are here in Houston so I receive all orders next day regardless how I specify shipping.

As far as settings, my GP has the results of the sleep study on file so when I placed the 1st order, cpap.com contacted my Doctor for prescription and settings.

Only had to do this once as they now just keep on file and I can order anytime I need.

The technology on the units out now vs my old one are incredible.

1/3 the size, automatically adjusts for altitude so there is nothing you need to adjust on the plane for pressure.

No one has ever said anything about my using it in flight.

Archived