Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

are there scorpions in Pattaya?

bambibomb

Yes indeed there are. First ensure your mobile phone is fully charged before you set out searching for the scorpions.

If you want to find the big black ones take a walk past the end of Walking Street. Continue until you get to the boat dry docks. Find a reddish brown clay area and look for oval shaped holes (facing) vertical in the ground.

Take a small stick and insert in hole. Twitch the stick until inhabitant surfaces to chase away the intrusion.

Remove Flip Flop and stomp on said inhabitant. Kill it quick.

Fully charged mobile you ask? You'll need it to call for help to get you back to the hotel because you won't be walking for a few days. In fact your leg will swell up to the point you'll barely be able to move it at the knee. The fully charged mobile in advance will also save you the excruciating pain of getting out of bed to plug it in later when you're calling your teeruks to come visit you at the hotel.

Just be careful of the large centipedes usually found near damp wood piles. Those are real motherfu****'s and sting like a SOB, kill them on sight without prejudice. And if your peripheral vision notices a two foot black stick slowly leaning from side to side that sounds like a cat hissing. No worries about the mobile mate, it's called a cobra and there's not much a mobile can do unless you can trade it for a record breaking ST before you kiss your ass goodbye.

Have fun and don't forget to take lots of pics for the gang.

Edited by bizzjet

Yes indeed there are. First ensure your mobile phone is fully charged before you set out searching for the scorpions.

If you want to find the big black ones take a walk past the end of Walking Street. Continue until you get to the boat dry docks. Find a reddish brown clay area and look for oval shaped holes (facing) vertical in the ground.

Take a small stick and insert in hole. Twitch the stick until inhabitant surfaces to chase away the intrusion.

Remove Flip Flop and stomp on said inhabitant. Kill it quick.

Fully charged mobile you ask? You'll need it to call for help to get you back to the hotel because you won't be walking for a few days. In fact your leg will swell up to the point you'll barely be able to move it at the knee. The fully charged mobile in advance will also save you the excruciating pain of getting out of bed to plug it in later when you're calling your teeruks to come visit you at the hotel.

Just be careful of the large centipedes usual found near damp wood piles. Those are real motherfu****'s and sting like a SOB, kill them on sight without prejudice. And if your peripheral vision notices a two foot black stick slowly leaning from side to side that sounds like a cat hissing. No worries about the mobile mate, it's called a cobra and there's not much a mobile can do unless you can trade it for a record breaking ST before you kiss your ass goodbye.

Have fun and don't forget to take lots of pics.

Hey mate, best scorpion hunting guide I have ever read (the only one actually). Would have been good to have you around when I was doing the Jungle tours, Cheers :Clap:

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Hey mate, best scorpion hunting guide I have ever read (the only one actually). Would have been good to have you around when I was doing the Jungle tours, Cheers :Clap:

I contend with the shit every time I stay in Isaan. A small brown one was stuck to my towel after my bucket shower before bed one time and stung me right at the top of the crack of my ass. You wanna hear legendary stories in the village about the big Farang that sings out load for his mumma? My yelping had all the dogs barking and people coming by to see what was going on.

Also I saw this kid on a motorbike run over the middle of a 10-12 foot cobra crossing the road. The snake instinctively struck at the pain and missed the kids leg by a couple feet (slow to react). The kid turns around and runs over it a couple more times until it was safe to get close enough to smash it's head in with a stick.

Everyone was so excited because they didn't have to visit the market that night. Dinner was served and all the ladies smiled and joked at the thought that the men would have extra power that night. They kept smiling at me waving their fists in the air representing an erection but that's a whole different trip report.

Edited by bizzjet

I content with the shit every time I stay in Isaan. A small brown one was stuck to my towel after my bucket shower before bed one time and stung me right at the top of the crack of my ass. You wanna hear legendary stories in the village about the big Farang that sings out load for his mumma? My yelping had all the dogs barking and people coming by to see what was going on.

Also I saw this kid on a motorbike run over the middle of a 10-12 foot cobra crossing the road. The snake instinctively struck at the pain and missed the kids leg by a couple feet (slow to react). The kid turns around and runs over it a couple more times until it was safe to get close enough to smash it's head in with a stick.

Everyone was so excited because they didn't have to visit the market that night. Dinner was served and all the ladies smiled and joked at the thought that the men would have extra power that night. They kept smiling at me waving their fists in the air representing an erection but that's a whole different trip report.

Yes, I've seen plenty of Mang Pong, Takhaap and Ngu Haw myself up country. never mastered the art of actually finding the bloody things though, they always found me lol. Thanks again, enjoyed your post.

Actually I run a couple residences in the north. One about three hours drive along the Mekong outside of Nong Kai (Isaan) and one about three hours drive north of Lampang (jungle).

It can be quite funny, we take dirt bike rides hours into the Jungle following some of the old opium foot trails and it seems almost everything I ask my teeruk about she answers with "no can eat, kill you good sure". But then we'll stop and start chomping on the scariest looking shit I couldn't even begin to describe.

I've yet to see wild elephants or tigers but when teeruk wants me to turn around out of fear of this I do. Apparently they still exist in the area according to her.

Actually I run a couple residences in the north. One about three hours drive along the Mekong outside of Nong Kai (Isaan) and one about three hours drive north of Lampang (jungle).

It can be quite funny, we take dirt bike rides hours into the jungle following some of the old opium foot trails and it seems almost everything I ask my teeruk about she answers with "no can eat, kill you good sure". But then we'll stop and start chomping on the scariest looking shit I couldn't even begin to describe.

I've yet to see wild elephants or tigers but when teeruk wants me to turn around out of fear of this I do. Apparently they still exist in the area according to her.

I'll have to join you on one of your tours, sounds right up my alley. I have been lucky enough to see both wild Tigers and elephants in Thailand.

Where exactly do you operate from? I know both areas you mentioned pretty well.

I'll help you track the tigers and you can be on creepy crawly patrol :Clap:

Cheers.

How about we PM each other as I don't necessarily want one resident to know about the other. And this board can be a small world when it comes to Thailand and Farangs. Obviously to be connected to the north country on a regular basis Mia Noi's are a factor.

Both places have a couple motorbikes so it would be great to have a buddy come along as my guest. You're more than welcome and plenty of room to stay.

I hope to be in Pattaya in the next week to burn off a little steam before I head up country. Lets get together for a beer or two?

One thing to remember....the smaller the scorpion the more strong the sting is. So the big black ones look nasty but they're just pussy cats really.

This little bugger was in the bathroom and I almost stepped on it. I took some close up pics and then got the missus cause I wasn't sure if it was poisonous. Normally bugs are grabbed and thrown out to save the poor little falang, but this one got the toilet brush on it's head a few times.....glad it didn't get me !!

Scorpion.JPG

North_Isaan043.jpg

Som Num Na

One thing to remember....the smaller the scorpion the more strong the sting is. So the big black ones look nasty but they're just pussy cats really.

This little bugger was in the bathroom and I almost stepped on it. I took some close up pics and then got the missus cause I wasn't sure if it was poisonous. Normally bugs are grabbed and thrown out to save the poor little falang, but this one got the toilet brush on it's head a few times.....glad it didn't get me !!

Great shots.

I haven't heard of the centipede causing death but the Thai's sure fear them for some reason.

Also, there's two spiders similar in size and shape. One Black and one sort of Grey with a body size of approximately 2 inches in length.

When someone sees a black one, no big deal. When they spot a grey one everyone seems to freak out like the house is on fire. I've checked the internet and can't seem to find anything on it.

Any experience? All I get is "you die sure".

On the humor side of things a young girl stepped on a small brown scorpion while I was up in the Lampang area.

I felt so bad and tried to comfort her but she just cried and cried. She was claiming the pain was moving up her leg and into her hip. The mother crushed up some onion, put the mush in a sock and then put the sock on the kids foot. All the time the others were cracking jokes and laughing at the poor thing.

I got some ice on a facecloth, wrapped it up and put it on the kids forehead thinking about cooling down her fever because you could see she was starting to break into a sweat.

Well that just split the Thai's into tears with laughter to the point some had to leave the area they were laughing so hard. (A good example how Thai's try to defuse negative situations).

Hope I don't break a leg or something next time I'm up there. They'll be selling F**** tickets.

• 2 months later...

you got me worried now, never thought about them, GRRRRR

<p>

When i was in Bangkok in July i was staying at my girls mothers house, across the road was a little girl called gow. I use to often go over to her and bend down and talk to her , One day i went over to speak to her,I bent down and said gow, gow , heard a hissing . there was an eight foot Brown Cobra two feet from my left leg. I stood still . the thing shot off. It was as quick as an eel in water. Scorpions are not that bad, bigger the pincers the less the sting hurts , the smaller the pincers the bigger the sting, as for the big centipede watch out ,

good looking tat wish i was not scared to get one.

Got it at Nongs Tattoo off Beach Road on the left just before Walking Street. Great work

Lots of Scorpions. The real ones will see the one on your ankle or arm and think its a relative and leave you alone.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon