IGNORED

secrets or jasmine hotel

bobbywrx

just considering booking one of these two hotels. want to be near walkin street but have easy access to baht bus to go visit Soi 6 and LK Metro also during the day. any feedback would be appriciated. i have prevously stayed at lk empress and found it good choice but looking for a more budge hotel this time around.

I stay at Jasmine hotel frequently, love the location. Rooms are basic, but Ok, no breakfast but WiFi is good and staff are friendly. No problem bringing two girls in.

Retired

Stayed at Secrets ,many times and love it.  Very close to everything and staff are super friendly.  Would highly recommend Secrets.  Never stayed at Jasmine so can not comment.

I think jasmine is better than secrets. Would you consider staying at one of guesthouse at Lk metro area.

maybe. its my second trip and during the first trip stayed 4 nights at lk empress and only ventured to Walking Street. this time around would like to spend more time around Soi 6 and LK Metro but want to be close to Walking Street as my other mate complained about the walk to lk empress for short time after picking a girl up in disco, cheap bustard didnt want to get a motor taxi. also i wanted to book 2 rooms so we dont have a the problem of sharing one room between us but 2 rooms at lk empress might be a bit of a killer when i can book 1 room for 1000b at places like Secrets and jasmine.

I've stayed at Jasmine the last 3 trips,agree with Piece Corp it's in a good location.

Being in Soi BJ just off WS.

Robw

Stayed at both. Jasmine hands down much better.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Stayed at both. Jasmine hands down much better.

Interested?  How so?  

• 2 weeks later...

just considering booking one of these two hotels. want to be near walkin street but have easy access to baht bus to go visit soi 6 and lk metro also during the day. any feedback would be appriciated. i have prevously stayed at lk empress and found it good choice but looking for a more budge hotel this time around.

Hey Bobby, 

I've stayed at Secrets twice and Jasmine in March for about 3 weeks.  Secrets is right at the beginning of Walking Street and Jasmine is on Soi BJ in the middle of Walking Street.  I would say that Jasmine is better, in terms of price they are almost the same.  The pros of Secrets: Location (short 40 second walk to Walking Street), clean room, friendly staff, Secrets on the first floor, good bathroom, tons of hot water, A/C, cable TV, no joiner-fee.  Cons: no elevator (those steps can be brutal), noisy even on the top floor (Secrets is on the ground floor), thin walls.  It's hard to sleep with the bass coming from the club below, small college fridge.  Also, they require 3000 baht deposit for reservation.

In terms of Jasmine, on Soi BJ (dead-end street, with a short cut to 2nd Road), it's right in the middle of Walking Street.  Pros: large, clean rooms, security guard on duty at night, price, location, large wall mounted 32" LCD TV with 60+ channels, A/C, balcony (only in some of the rooms), thick walls, elevator (it has 5 floors), I stayed on the 4th Floor Superior room (balcony with a view of Walking Street and the ocean) 404, not too noisy), no deposit needed for reservation, friendly staff, no joiner fee and large fridge (2.5 bigger than a college fridge).  Cons: They are in the process of building 7 new standard rooms on the 1st floor which causes some noise after 10 am which stopped in the early afternoon, small bathroom sink with lukewarm water and the shower was a little tricky to get the right temperature, ladyboy bar right next to hotel (not an issue for me, I ignored them and they ignored me.  I would definitely stay there again.  FYI, some of the rooms have no view or balcony.  Ask for a high floor and one with a view.  

Hope this helps!

Hey Bobby, 

I've stayed at Secrets twice and Jasmine in March for about 3 weeks.  Secrets is right at the beginning of Walking Street and Jasmine is on Soi BJ in the middle of Walking Street.  I would say that Jasmine is better, in terms of price they are almost the same.  The pros of Secrets: Location (short 40 second walk to Walking Street), clean room, friendly staff, Secrets on the first floor, good bathroom, tons of hot water, A/C, cable TV, no joiner-fee.  Cons: no elevator (those steps can be brutal), noisy even on the top floor (Secrets is on the ground floor), thin walls.  It's hard to sleep with the bass coming from the club below, small college fridge.  Also, they require 3000 baht deposit for reservation.

In terms of Jasmine, on Soi BJ (dead-end street, with a short cut to 2nd Road), it's right in the middle of Walking Street.  Pros: large, clean rooms, security guard on duty at night, price, location, large wall mounted 32" LCD TV with 60+ channels, A/C, balcony (only in some of the rooms), thick walls, elevator (it has 5 floors), I stayed on the 4th Floor Superior room (balcony with a view of Walking Street and the ocean) 404, not too noisy), no deposit needed for reservation, friendly staff, no joiner fee and large fridge (2.5 bigger than a college fridge).  Cons: They are in the process of building 7 new standard rooms on the 1st floor which causes some noise after 10 am which stopped in the early afternoon, small bathroom sink with lukewarm water and the shower was a little tricky to get the right temperature, ladyboy bar right next to hotel (not an issue for me, I ignored them and they ignored me.  I would definitely stay there again.  FYI, some of the rooms have no view or balcony.  Ask for a high floor and one with a view.  

Hope this helps!

+1

The beds at Jasmine are a little too soft, but ok.

Stayed there for years. I think this would be a better hotel because you don't have to deal with any vested interest in who you are bringing back.

Thanks that's much appreciated.. Any idea when the construction will be completed?

Hey Bobby,

I've stayed at Secrets twice and Jasmine in March for about 3 weeks. Secrets is right at the beginning of Walking Street and Jasmine is on Soi BJ in the middle of Walking Street. I would say that Jasmine is better, in terms of price they are almost the same. The pros of Secrets: Location (short 40 second walk to Walking Street), clean room, friendly staff, Secrets on the first floor, good bathroom, tons of hot water, A/C, cable TV, no joiner-fee. Cons: no elevator (those steps can be brutal), noisy even on the top floor (Secrets is on the ground floor), thin walls. It's hard to sleep with the bass coming from the club below, small college fridge. Also, they require 3000 baht deposit for reservation.

In terms of Jasmine, on Soi BJ (dead-end street, with a short cut to 2nd Road), it's right in the middle of Walking Street. Pros: large, clean rooms, security guard on duty at night, price, location, large wall mounted 32" LCD TV with 60+ channels, A/C, balcony (only in some of the rooms), thick walls, elevator (it has 5 floors), I stayed on the 4th Floor Superior room (balcony with a view of Walking Street and the ocean) 404, not too noisy), no deposit needed for reservation, friendly staff, no joiner fee and large fridge (2.5 bigger than a college fridge). Cons: They are in the process of building 7 new standard rooms on the 1st floor which causes some noise after 10 am which stopped in the early afternoon, small bathroom sink with lukewarm water and the shower was a little tricky to get the right temperature, ladyboy bar right next to hotel (not an issue for me, I ignored them and they ignored me. I would definitely stay there again. FYI, some of the rooms have no view or balcony. Ask for a high floor and one with a view.

Hope this helps!

Thanks that's much appreciated.. Any idea when the construction will be completed?

No problem Bobby, I'm not sure.  They started to demo the pool/former restaurant mid-March and they were still at it when I left March 27th.  If you stay on a higher floor it shouldn't be too much of an issue.  They don't start until around 10am and are usually done by 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  I believe they are building 7 standard room on the ground floor so it will probably take a while.  If it's not Jasmine that's under construction it's a building on Walking Street, Pattaya is pretty much under a constant state of construction.  Plus, it's low season now you should have your pick of rooms there at the lower rate.  Enjoy your stay there!!  

Just emailed jasmine hotel. They said renovations will finish in about 90 days time but TIT so who knows

I stayed there last week on the 5th floor and that was fine, and the larger rooms are worth 50 baht more,

Retired

Hey Bobby, 

Hope this helps!

hi buddy i am booked in the jasmine in june and i asked for quiet superior rooms, she said the 2nd floor is the quietest any thoughts ? thank you regards craig :)

I stayed there last week on the 5th floor and that was fine, and the larger rooms are worth 50 baht more,

Which type of rooms have you stayed in? Thinking bout the most expensive room but not sure if it's worth 350 baht night extra.

Cheers

If view is important i'd stay elsewhere like the Grand. I don't think the 'view' rooms at the Jasmine are worth paying extra for. I could step outside my room and look down on Happy A GoGo. That's a good enough view for me.

Retired

If view is important i'd stay elsewhere like the Grand. I don't think the 'view' rooms at the Jasmine are worth paying extra for. I could step outside my room and look down on Happy A GoGo. That's a good enough view for me.

Which type of room was that with? 950 room?

Not bothered about the view just which is the best value room ?

I just booked the superior room on the forth floor because the superior + are all booked in December.. Can't wait

Which type of room was that with? 950 room?

Not bothered about the view just which is the best value room ?

Yes, I usually stay in the 950 baht rooms.  Can't see much, but

Room 503:

smile218.jpg

Room 507

hat11.jpg

Another 5th floor room, can't remember which

nat4.jpg

Retired

Yes, I usually stay in the 950 baht rooms.  Can't see much, but

Room 503:

attachicon.gifsmile218.jpg

Room 507

attachicon.gifhat11.jpg

Another 5th floor room, can't remember which

attachicon.gifnat4.jpg

hi buddy what is your opinion on noise levels at the jasmine, i do not drink and am a light sleeper. thank you :)

hi buddy what is your opinion on noise levels at the jasmine, i do not drink and am a light sleeper. thank you :)

I've never had a problem on the 5th floor.

Retired

I've never had a problem on the 5th floor.

thank you.

Archived