Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baboona Apartments

Temujin

they must have improved the Wi-fi as I am staying here now and it is working pretty fast, also on rates it is about 1000bt a night at the moment via Agoda so for value for money it is right up there. They also have a stock of real dvd's as opposed to copies and they are all free too

• 3 weeks later...

Bump ( I keep seeing this asked for, but nobody does a search :) )

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

• 2 weeks later...

How do you get to the upper floors?

Stairs, or elevator?

4 or more flights of stairs does not sound appealing.

How do you get to the upper floors?

Stairs, or elevator?

4 or more flights of stairs does not sound appealing.

Does anybody know?

• 2 weeks later...

Elevator. Wouldn't have stayed there otherwise. :Banghead2:

The room and location look nice, However, I see two problems. First, there is no bathtub. I notice this about a lot of hotels. Second, the safe is not secure. It is not secured into the wall. I have read about how safes like that have been ripped out. Sandy Springs solves both of those issues for me.

• 1 month later...

After spending most of my time around the south in my last trip I have decided to get a hotel around soi4-6 to check out the area in more detail so this is the place i'll be staying at!!

• 3 weeks later...
I never brought more than one girl back at a time so I cannot give info on any extra charges. They require the girls to hand in there ID card at reception and they must sign out for it.

I booked the Deluxe Seaview. I think the way it works is the difference between Deluxe and normal seaview is Deluxe is floors 4-6 while normal seaview is floors 2-3. Studio apartments have no ocean view.

I recommend booking through Asia Rooms as they are very reliable and you will probably never get a reply from the Baboona website unless you call directly. The prices at Asia Rooms are better then what is quoted on their website.

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/...ing_resort.html

http://www.baboonabeach.com/

Rates include all taxes and service charges

Room Type : Studio Breakfast : Included

Single - Double/Twin

Jun 11 2008 ~ Oct 31 2008 1,136 THB 1,136 THB

Nov 01 2008 ~ Dec 23 2008 1,741 THB 1,741 THB

Room Type : Seaview Breakfast : Included

Single - Double/Twin

Jun 11 2008 ~ Oct 31 2008 1,318 THB 1,318 THB

Nov 01 2008 ~ Dec 23 2008 1,916 THB 1,916 THB

Room Type : Deluxe Seaview Breakfast : Included

Single - Double/Twin

Jun 11 2008 ~ Oct 31 2008 1,500 THB 1,500 THB

Yeah I think booking through Asian Rooms is the go. The official website is a little interesting to navigate to say the least...LOL

I would like to book for August, but I am concerned that my plans might change.

Is there a way to book at the Baboona that doesn't require you to pay 100% up front?

I would like to book for August, but I am concerned that my plans might change.

Is there a way to book at the Baboona that doesn't require you to pay 100% up front?

I booked through them directly for May 8th - 26th. They only required a card to hold the room, said i would pay upon arrival. No cancelation within 48 hrs. I think they charged me 2000- 2100 baht for a deluxe sea view.......this will be my first time at the hotel. :GoldenSmile1:

I booked through them directly for May 8th - 26th. They only required a card to hold the room, said i would pay upon arrival. No cancelation within 48 hrs. I think they charged me 2000- 2100 baht for a deluxe sea view.......this will be my first time at the hotel. :P

Thanks for the heads up bulldog! Did you call them directly? According to some previous posts, it seems like they aren't very responsive via email.

Thanks for the heads up bulldog! Did you call them directly? According to some previous posts, it seems like they aren't very responsive via email.
i think i [email protected] been a few months......but i believe that they replied within a day or so (time difference).

• 9 months later...

:GoldenSmile1: ... as I'm seeing questions about this place in various areas of the forum again.

Keep in mind this was written in 2008.

They may or may not have fixed the Wifi and Water problems.

Edited by Temujin

Whats up Addicts.

Anybody stay here recently would like to know.

Thanks

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Whats up Addicts.

Anybody stay here recently would like to know.

Thanks

hey ,

Stayed at baboona , just got back about a week ago from my 10 day trip .

I loved the place , deluxe sea view for me ( about 40 quid a night ) room great ,

large bed , big balcony ,

Food good as well , nice little front terrace where you eat . Only made it

down for breakfast once tho - was too busy !

Girl friendly , had to hand in id cards and sign for them to get back . Most of staff

friendly , one male receptionist sometimes seemed a bit funny when bringing girls

back , never had problem tho .

One girl on reception very friendly - think she wanted a ' portion ' , never did tho , but

would have done .

Beach just over the road , couple of bars nxt door , money exchange booth next door

as well

Anything else u wanna know ????

Ya, bro pictures of the room? IF you don't mind.

How many rooms did they have?

How far from Walking Street?

Thanks

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Ya, bro pictures of the room? IF you don't mind.

How many rooms did they have?

How far from walking street?

FROM PHONE 004.jpg

Thanks

Hey , its quite a small hotel only got 40 odd rooms or so , it would be at least 30-45 min walk to walking st , but i used to walk out of front door and within seconds you are on a baht bus . then 5 mins or 10 if traffic later you will be at walking st - only for 10 baht.

got couple pics of room , and 1 view from balcony

room6.jpg

room 4021.jpg

Thanks Tripone

Good Pictures of the room, bathroom I am guessing that toilet shower combo I have been seeing alot.

Thanks for the info.

Trivex

Thanks Tripone

Good Pictures of the room, bathroom I am guessing that toilet shower combo I have been seeing alot.

Thanks for the info.

Trivex

yeah usual bathroom ,

Brightly coloured room, shower gel , shampoo , toothbrushes(for the girls!!)

etc all provided.

No bath , but shower is big enough for 3 !! Oh I've got to do that on my

next trip in may !

Did not mention before - free wi-fi which i did not use , but is 2 computers

with free Internet access , which i did use.

Before i went i read that Pattaya beach was dirty and just not nice at all - but bit

i went on up there near soi 3/4 , thought was actually quite nice . Had been

expecting to have to find a pool to go to but just kept going to beach .

Cheers

The room and location look nice, However, I see two problems. First, there is no bathtub. I notice this about a lot of hotels. Second, the safe is not secure. It is not secured into the wall. I have read about how safes like that have been ripped out. Sandy Springs solves both of those issues for me.

Agree with you on the bathtub/shower

As for the safe. In all my years of traveling, I have never had anyone tamper with, let alone steal the safe out of the room.

Nore do I know anyone that has ever had this happen to them or to any of their friends. So to me the safe is a non issue

Has this happened? Sure, but they also steal ATMs right off the sidewalk.

Agree with you on the bathtub/shower

As for the safe. In all my years of traveling, I have never had anyone tamper with, let alone steal the safe out of the room.

Nore do I know anyone that has ever had this happen to them or to any of their friends. So to me the safe is a non issue

Has this happened? Sure, but they also steal ATMs right off the sidewalk.

Baboona was in the media for exactly that reason maybe one and a half years ago (think it was PattayaOneNews).

Someone entered a room on the first or second floor from outside and took the safe away.

If I remember right the major point at that time was the easy accessibility from outside.

Edited by NINGNING

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.