Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British are the tourists from hell

jonny low

If you think the world's worst tourists are loud-mouthed Americans or Germans who grab all the sunloungers think again.

From the Daily mail .

Worst

behaved tourist

1 British

2 Russian

3 Chinese

4 French

5 Indians

But the good news we were voted the best-dressed tourists beating the stylish french .....

If you think the world's worst tourists are loud-mouthed Americans or Germans who grab all the sunloungers think again.

From the Daily mail .

Worst

behaved tourist

1 British

2 Russian

3 Chinese

4 French

5 Indians

But the good news we were voted the best-dressed tourists beating the stylish french .....

I would have liked to have read the whole article, thanks.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Its in today Daily mail and its from a survey of European hotel chains by the travel company Expedia.

Britons regarded as rude, messy and loud.

Also criticised for eating nearly as much as the Americans, in spite of their shortcomings Britons are often liked by hoteliers because we spend lots of money .

Also we winning in the popularity stakes in other key criteria such as trying out local foods , generosity and style.

to be honest, i dont go in for national stereotypes... i have met arseholes, and decent people, from all over the world. Much better to judge someone on their actions...

Edited by culvers

I read in todays Metro, that the Germans have made a book or something on where to go to avoid British tourists! lol

Yes; I avoid the Brits when I am in Patt`s;

Their pain in the Ass;

Well i guess if its a european survey I can understand the results, lots of package holidays, stag/hen partys, 18-30 holidays, chavs on tour, Man Utd fans watching yet another european game..... its not a good and fair representation of the average Brit tourist!

The Brits I meet in LOS maybe drinking and whoring, but we have a respectful nature for each other and our hosts! But like everyone, there are a few bad eggs :(

How did the Belgians escape that list???

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

How did the Belgians escape that list???

Don't know, certainly not because we can maintain roughly civilised behavior for more than a minute...must be because

there are so few of us that most of the people interviewed in the poll never had the bad luck meeting one of those scumbags...

LOL

At least we are No.1 at something this year.

Ill take first place in any competition.

Cheers Mick

At least we are No.1 at something this year.

Ill take first place in any competition.

Nice one :Good_Job::P

Wriggley Tin 1

I read in todays Metro, that the Germans have made a book or something on where to go to avoid British tourists! lol

Britain? :Good_Job:

MONKEYWATCH - The Truth Is In There

Stereotypically I would agree with this, however I think when in Pattaya most Brits (as well as most other nationalities) are chilled out. The problem seems to stem from Thai guys and their jealousy, in some instances hatred of farang males. This is me being stereotypical though :Good_Job: .

Typical Daily Schmail. That would be the same 'Britain' that won the world cup in '66 then

Britain? :rolleyes:

Yeah, the London Metro newspaper

Its a miracle the Danish are not top, I have met some real assholes from there.

I am sure not all Danish are bad but I have met some assholes

Just your usual tabloid Brit bashing. They're not happy unless we're crap at somthing, Give it a day and there will be somthing else were lousy at :Anger: . You get used to it, the papers in the west mids are the same Brummie/Black country accents are the worst in England Walsall is the worst town in England for drunken violence. So i give a :rolleyes: and a :D to those who would bad mouth their own people. We aint the best but we sure as hell aint the worse.

Edited by ws1wolf

hey we have to be number 1 at something

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

to be honest, i dont go in for national stereotypes... i have met arseholes, and decent people, from all over the world. Much better to judge someone on their actions...

spot on :D

From the Daily mail .

Worst

behaved tourist

1 British

2 Russian

3 Chinese

4 French

5 Indians

it would be good to know where they took the survey come to samui and ask that question , top of the list would be Isralis

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya attracts the worst from everywhere so if you let it get to you, you'll hate everyone. Each group seems to have it's own quirks. Hard to say which are the most annoying here though since every night you run into a group of some nationality that's acting like fools.

I think I read this article a while back. It rated each group based on how they dressed, acted, tiped, smelled, etc. Americans were some of the worst dressers but we got #2 for being polite after the Japs and #1 for tipping.

Who get's the vote for the worst smelling in Pattaya? Survey says...

There are so many of us Brits there that it is hard not to notice us. Having said that there is a kind of aggression to many of the English that I haven't seen as often from other nationalities.

There's a lot of frustration in young English people. Imagine being 21 and wanting to set up a family only to realise that you haven't got a hope in hell of being able to afford anywhere to live. I think it's hard for even older Brits to relate to how much harder it is for young people in Britain today.

I was lucky I managed to get on the "property ladder" before the economy/setup in England made such a thing all but impossible for anybody who doesn't have rich parents.

Don't get me wrong. I feel so ashamed to be British when I see some of them in Thailand. I just can't see how things are going to get any better with so much anger and frustration in the UK at the moment.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

You right there mate , its very frustration and yes i can see were the anger comes from you making very good points cheers..........

There is good and bad in everything and the words brush and tar come to mind

and Kii i agree with you

Isn't that mostly due to the sheer tonnage of Brits in Patts?

I'd love to see a census done of the breakdown of minorities and their nationalities.... but only to ignite the barstool banter. :P

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"