Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How many of you are Frequent Flyers?

Hardeep J

I am a British Airways Executive Club member, at one time I had silver status but not anymore. I think I will be using the rest of my miles, cancel my membership and then joining Cathay Pacific'c Asia Miles.

• 4 weeks later...
I am a FF with Etihad. I first flight with them was December 2006. After my 2nd flight with them in July 2007 I was upgraded to Silver which means I earn an extra 25 per cent airmiles each time I fly with them. My 3rd trip was Christmas 2007. My 4th flight with them will be in July. And I plan to fly with them again in December and that will be my 5th flight with them. After 5 flights I should have earned enough airmiles to get a free flight from Manchester UK to BKK in 2009. :Dance1::o:D:Eat_Me::Laugh1:

So in 2009 I'll have more money to spend on beer and the girls

hi how do you join FF used etihad in Jan and again in July will i be able to use Jan`s flight on to my credit ?

when in July are you traveling mate

thanks alan

alan from wales

I am a Gold (their top one) card holder in Thai airways FF scheme. I have enjoyed the perks which included a free 1st class round trip to Thailand last year and one more free business class return later this year.

My Gold status expires at the end of this year and after that I think that I will just go for the best value flight I can get.

I am also a Thai Gold member

however due to the prices, i may start shopping for the best fare

I hate to do it, it has some great perks but, for example for my July trip

China = $1,350usd

Thai =$1,850usd

i am going on thai this trip, but ONLY because completion of this will give me a fully paid round trip ticket in miles

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

Platinum with Delta (Lifetime Gold)

Lifetime silver with USAir

Silver with American

Silver with Thai (will probable loose next year)

Eva and Thai, extra luggage and use the lounges

Though on Eva if you geta 440 flight you dont get the points....

I am a FF with Etihad. I first flight with them was December 2006. After my 2nd flight with them in July 2007 I was upgraded to Silver which means I earn an extra 25 per cent airmiles each time I fly with them. My 3rd trip was Christmas 2007. My 4th flight with them will be in July. And I plan to fly with them again in December and that will be my 5th flight with them. After 5 flights I should have earned enough airmiles to get a free flight from Manchester UK to BKK in 2009. :Party1::):wub::Flying::D

I have silver Etihad card with 43486 points.Looking at the hard to follow tables this seems to fall well short of getting a free flight.How does this compare with your points? The lounge access is handy but I've never had any upgrades.

hi how do you join FF used etihad in Jan and again in July will i be able to use Jan`s flight on to my credit ?

when in July are you traveling mate

thanks alan

Alan sorry for late reply. Just seen your message. I joined there FF by going on there website www.etihadguest.com and signing up.

Alan I fly to Thailand on Friday 25th July. I usually fly from Manchester with Etihad. This trip I'm going down to Heathrow. Long story but when I return to the UK I'm flying into Manchester airport.

If your on my flight out we'll have to meet up for a beer

Used to be a Qantas FF gold (second highest). Accumulated all that while selling my soul to a global co. Gradually they take my status away as I started to cash in points for flights instead of paying.

Gold got you into the business class lounge, which I really miss. You could eat & drink all you wanted & sit comfortably until your flight. I miss that terribly.

Still using the points for flights now after a no. of years. Only thing thta makes me think fondly of my old co.

Cheers,

Liam

I am a FF with Etihad. I first flight with them was December 2006. After my 2nd flight with them in July 2007 I was upgraded to Silver which means I earn an extra 25 per cent airmiles each time I fly with them. My 3rd trip was Christmas 2007. My 4th flight with them will be in July. And I plan to fly with them again in December and that will be my 5th flight with them. After 5 flights I should have earned enough airmiles to get a free flight from Manchester UK to BKK in 2009. :Party1::P:Party3::Flying::Party4:

now then mate i think i should just warn you about etihad,my mate has got 60,000 airmiles with them which is enough to fly one way upgraded to business class to or from the uk,so he tried to upgrade for one way and they told him he can only use 30,000 that means only to abu dhabi...he was not happy...

Guaranteed cheapest custom made t-shirts,polo shirts,hats, etc... For bars, restaurant's, hotels. We also specialize in exporting worldwide.

Currently in the process of changing locations but definitely still taking orders....Email, Call, or Visit us online at http://www.tshirtxpress.net

now then mate i think i should just warn you about etihad,my mate has got 60,000 airmiles with them which is enough to fly one way upgraded to business class to or from the uk,so he tried to upgrade for one way and they told him he can only use 30,000 that means only to abu dhabi...he was not happy...

I might give Etihad a phone call sometime and have a chat with them. They like to promote there FF club as one of the better one's. I've recently been on there website and I'm pretty sure that they like to make out that if a person has got enough airmiles and there's a seat available on the flights they want to book then that person can have the seat(s).

For me the crunch will come in January 2009 because I should by then have reached 75000 air miles with them.

If I have understood there website I think I'll have earned enough air miles to fly economy with them from the UK to BKK return. Thats if I have understoon there site correctly

I've just had an interesting e-mail from etihad. It says that I need 75,000 air miles to get a return economy flight between Manchester UK and BKK. Subject to availabilty of seats. I should reach this total in January 2009.

The e-mail also says:

Redemption tickets are non refundable and are subject to availability. Destinations are non routable. All Flight Rewards are for return journeys only. One-way Flight Rewards are not permitted.

The last bit is interesting. One-way Flight Rewards are not permitted. I am looking forward to next January and see if I can get seats on the dates/flights I want

yup...going to use miles for the first time for BKK in Feb 2009.

Already paid for my ticket for August 08.

And remember everyone out there, with costs rising, I'm sure

FF miles will increase to get to LOS, so maybe locking in and using

your miles asap may be warranted....no use hoarding and saving those miles.

aki

I might give Etihad a phone call sometime and have a chat with them. They like to promote there FF club as one of the better one's. I've recently been on there website and I'm pretty sure that they like to make out that if a person has got enough airmiles and there's a seat available on the flights they want to book then that person can have the seat(s).

For me the crunch will come in January 2009 because I should by then have reached 75000 air miles with them.

If I have understood there website I think I'll have earned enough air miles to fly economy with them from the UK to BKK return. Thats if I have understoon there site correctly

yep thats how I understood the site too. it's not the easiest to follow. I currently have silver card status with Etihad which gets lounge access and increased baggage allowance. my next flight should put me just over 75,000 miles and the next flight in sept (already booked) should move me to gold card.

looking forward to seeing the upgraded lounge at Abu Dhabi.

oh and I have 1 upgrade on silver bkk -abu dhabi, tho the bitch never said anything when ripping up my aisle seat boarding card and giving me one with A on it..........ie left hand window, but it was A9 not 9A and I got turned left at the plane door into business....happy days for the first leg, then back to cattle class for the 2 nd leg to LHR

Im in various FF programmes,but the one i'm close to a free flight with is Skywards(Emirates).I'm on 73000 at the moment and need 75000 for an economy flight to Bkk.I can buy the 2000 miles at 2 cents a mile so no problem there.My problem is that i've tried on their website using various dates for the first quarter of 2009 and nothing comes up in economy,economy plus comes up but is 130,000 miles!!What is baffling me is that on some dates it says economy is available but when i go through the procedure the final analysis always ends up at premium economy.it's very frustrating as some of my miles expire in Feb 09 and i'm trying to book well ahead.I may try to phone their office in the UK and see if they can help me.Anyone else had any experiences with skywards like this.Any feedback would be appreciated.

Barhopper

'From the Purr of Pattaya to the Lure of Luzon!'

I am in United's program. I fly 2-3 times a month for work. I usually fly about 100,000 miles a year including two trips to LOS. When you hit 100k, you get 3 free international upgrades, so I pay economy and get a business class ticket.

United's service basically sucks (as do most American carriers) when compared to any Asian airline. However when you are a 1k, if anything goes wrong on a domestic flight, you are usually first in line on the next flight out. That comes in handy when only 63% of flights into O'Hare are on time.