Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

areca lodge

jack herrer

Hi,

I've stayed at Areca Lodge in 2006 and was quite happy with the personnel and the facilities. All rooms are non sloking, so you have to go to the balcony if you want to smoke... The swiming pools are great. I had no problem coming back with 2 girls at the same time but I also heard that now they will charge you if you bring more than one girl.

I stayed during high season last year and HAD to pay for the compulsory dinner. Talking to other mongers there on soi diana and LK Metro it seemed to pricey but I already had prepaid by then. The rooms are nice and the bellboys were pretty cool they took me out one night so on new years I off and went and bought them some liqour on me. The ones i were with like 100 piper or something. Rooms were okay but for me coming in at 1 or 2 in the morning I sorta got the look but nothing was said. Though one time I brought back a girl who was only 19 and they couldn't let her in. They have to be either 20 or 21, can't remember. So walked her back and gave her a tip for spending some time with me. All in all it was an okay place but will be looking for other hotels to visit in October. Am thinking either Rockhouse or Secrets. I drank at Rockhouse everyday when I was there and the girls were friendly but being asian myself I sorta felt weird with all the caucasian mongers around. Love da white folks but still feel weird. For some reason they all thought I was japanese and so was then a big spender. Not a cheap charlie but I know when not to overpay. Areca Lodge has different guests some honeymooners or some family tourists so you may feel a little pervy but if you can handle that its an okay place. I sorta ramble on and on.

Edited by mikhal

I. I sorta ramble on and on.

Not at all mate, that was a valuble report based on your expereinces,

I hope your wrong regarding the 19 year old girls though , i have booked for 7 days this month and i like the 18-22 year olds so i wont be happy if i get back and they refuse entry. That is the first time I have heard of it so maybe you just had a bit of bad luck.

Not at all mate, that was a valuble report based on your expereinces,

I hope your wrong regarding the 19 year old girls though , i have booked for 7 days this month and i like the 18-22 year olds so i wont be happy if i get back and they refuse entry. That is the first time I have heard of it so maybe you just had a bit of bad luck.

Last time I stayed there they were only allowing girls 20YO+ into the hotel. Lost one of my barfines for the night. Also WTF is it with the compulsory breakfast? Finishes at 10am so few mongers would ever be awake to eat it. Doubt I will stay there again.

Last time I was there in December of 07 that was the rule. It said your guests had to be 20 or 21 not sure. The girl did lie to me and say she was 20 at first though. I was sort of scared when the clerk or what ever they are called said she was too young. I thought I was gonna go to jail but he said she was 19 and not allowed to come in with me. All other girls I had no problems bringing there. I stayed there for two weeks and that was the only time it happened and the guy was there maybe 10/12 times at midnight. I know some other hotels don't care as long as they are over 18 but I am pretty sure on this because it made an impression on me. Best bet is to contact Areca Lodge and ask them or if any other mongers remember that about Areca.

Edited by mikhal

• 2 weeks later...
I remembered I made a video of my room at Areca if you want to have a preview of a deluxe room there. Ignore that fat asian guy talking(me). Its on youtube if you want to take a quick look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwm0iom5mQ

Good video staying there at the end of the month, i have mixed feelings about the comments, i will diff wanna do 2 girls maybe 3 see our the mood take me . Any one got back in last week could report any news please.

THANKS

Edited by big bas

LK Metropole and LK Renaissance in the same street (Soi Diana) much better choices.

yes but a fair bit extra on the old budget :(

Wha's like us?

I stayed there a couple of times, last in June of this year. It was great, I found the staff to be friendly, but I agree that they take too much of an interest in who you bring back to your room. One interesting note is that when you bring a girl back you can get a free voucher for her at breakfast the next day. I thought that was good particularly since there is no charge for a joiner.

• 3 weeks later...