IGNORED

areca lodge

jack herrer

hi all,im staying at the Areca Lodge for two weeks in july and was initially happy with my choice but now i have mixed feelings about it.ive read some negative things about it as in them being snobby and making you feel uncomfortable,especially when bringing more than one bg back.i intend to do this at least twice and if i have the balls even with 3bg's.is this the hotel for me and my antics?i know they say you pay 300bt per extra guest,thats not a problem but the last thing i want is to be made to feel more of a perv than i already am,haha.

if anyone can come up with a better choice around the same price for a first timer,it would be much appreciated.

hi all,im staying at the areca lodge for two weeks in july and was initially happy with my choice but now i have mixed feelings about it.ive read some negative things about it as in them being snobby and making you feel uncomfortable,especially when bringing more than one bg back.i intend to do this at least twice and if i have the balls even with 3bg's.is this the hotel for me and my antics?i know they say you pay 300bt per extra guest,thats not a problem but the last thing i want is to be made to feel more of a perv than i already am,haha.

if anyone can come up with a better choice around the same price for a first timer,it would be much appreciated.

Great hotel.......................about 3 years ago.

No change in staff, location or services offered BUT the attitude has worsened over the last few years. Haing said that, what do you want? Yes, 300THB is asked for at reception, but hey thats not much. I still think its good, but for 1600 THB there is alternatives. try the search engine or consider a guest house for 800/1000 THB........no attitude and no pool but not much difference.

I seen on their website that they are warning people that there is construction going on around the hotel that may cause some noise in the rooms.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

it's a good hotel that a lot of mongers like to stay in. You won't have too many problems. :D

They will not look down on you for having 234 lady’s but they will charge you

But You can get more for les

I used to stay here alot,but like others have mentioned, the staffs attitude is poor.I have stayed in the Lk Metropole,but now the Lk Renaissance.Its a bit more money.Well worth a lookin!! Cheers

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

I stayed there earlier this year, nice hotel, good pools. Had no problems with the staff, but I did get a lingering impression of dissapproval - the sort of thing that might put you off if you were the sensitive sort (I'm not :D ). I'd say try it and see - plenty of alternatives nearby if you decide to move.

Areca Lodge is my hotel of choice when staying in patts. Just got back from a trip last month and the staff are just as friendly as ever. the only downside is that imho the hotel is getting old. Aic con in room only has one setting . . . cold. I like to turn up (down?) the AC when i'm sleeping so i get a nice temp. but find that i have to wake up to either turn the AC on or off in the middle of the night. Never seem to get it just right, that dial that tells you if it's at 16 or 30 degrees does not work. Other than that everything is great. There is construction nearby, but it never bothered me.

If you do stay there, you have to try to get a bg out onto the balcony and have sex there. It's a thrill believe me. :D

I used to stay here alot,but like others have mentioned, the staffs attitude is poor.I have stayed in the Lk Metropole,but now the Lk Renaissance.Its a bit more money.Well worth a lookin!! Cheers

I would advise against the LK renaissance. The price difference is huge for one night at the Renaissance you could spend 3 nights at areca. I stayed there last Nov. and the top floor was still under construction. The noise of jackhammer woke me every morning at 9 sharp. The pool looks nice but is small, areca's pool is much nicer.

I'm not so sure about thai craftsmanship but the quality of work is lacking. My friend's room had at least a 1 inch gap under the floor. Perfect for mosquitos to enter your room. The cheaper rooms only have a tub/jaccuzi. No shower. My jaccuzi worked only every other day even after they came and serviced the thing.

Also booked a taxi ride from renaissance to BKK and on the ride there the taxi driver received a call from the hotel saying i damaged their nightstand and had to fork over 3,000 baht. WTF? Save yourself some trouble and avoid the Renaissance.

I stayed there b4 and it was a nice place. I had no problem with the staff and had no problem with taking girls back.

The only reason I dont stay there now is cos the price includes Breakfast, pool, gym ect and I never use any of them.

So I find it a better option to use a cheeper place with the same quality rooms but without paying for the extras that i never use.

Cheers Mick

The LK Metro in the same street has gone down a lot from when I first stopped there , no major problems , but definitely an attitude change . Nowhere near as friendly .

By the way my new avatar is a pic of me - when I was younger ! Handsome eh ?

Edited by cuthbert

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

Does anyone know if the Areca Lodge hotel has showers or just baths in the rooms?

Can't see on their website.

Thanks.

Edited by Chezney

I have stayed at the Areca a couple of times and took more than one girl back on a few occassions. They do charge for this. As the for the making you uncomfortable bit?? I would not have noticed if they did. I dont care what people think. If they don't like it then tough. But it is not the most 3some friendly hotel abouy.

This trip I stayed at the Sabai Inn in Soi 2 and that was a cracking hotel. If you read my TR you will see mand PrincePattaya had all sorts of antics in our rooms and the girls on reception just chuckled at us when we walked past. There attitude was great. The location was good as lots going on in Soi 2/3 etc. You can get a Baht bus straight outside to Walking Street. I have srtayed at loads of hotels and will definetely be going back there. A little cheaper than Areca. Same quality room, a pool, snooker and pool table. GREAT VALUE!!!

Areca has showers in the bath, stayed there last week Its a great hotel, the staff joke when you take girls back the breakfast is good and the pool out the back is great.

For 1050 you wont go wrong, super location also , safes in room as for better value elsewhere I cant see it.

The breakfast is great also.

Steve Coppell was there last week also, so it must be good he is a millionaire a few times over

Areca has showers in the bath, stayed there last week Its a great hotel, the staff joke when you take girls back the breakfast is good and the pool out the back is great.

For 1050 you wont go wrong, super location also , safes in room as for better value elsewhere I cant see it.

The breakfast is great also.

Steve Coppell was there last week also, so it must be good he is a millionaire a few times over

Showers in the bath is no problem (as long as they work).. many thanks Parkwahn.

stayed at areca last year and booked in again this year , you will be happy when you get here and see it for yourself and i bet you even write a good review about the place , ask them for a room in the areca wing and construction will not be a bother :D

I stayed there on my first trip in December 2006 and last Sept. I didn't have any problems with them. They had the same staff on my return and they remembered me, I guess I made a good impression, lol. Rooms are nice and big. They are friendly and look after you too, particularly if the girls might be a bit dodge. I made a mistake with my booking out day in my December trip and told them I was leaving 2 days earlier than I was. I thought they were going to turf me out, especially after hearing them, when I went to get my breakfast token that morning, turn away 4 guys looking for rooms.

You will have to pay extra for extra girls. Showers are in the bath. One point to note, which I didn't find out till I went there is that they will put a limit on your credit card before you pay with it, I don't suspect it was just me (better not be, lol), On both trips I've had calls or been told when i enter reception to say you've reached your limit, so I've gone down and paid x-amount by that card.

I enjoyed my stay there, I hope to be there in December

There are so many opportunities there for puns about comparisions of Pattaya to Reading in the Premiership but I'm too tired to try.

Do you have to cross 2nd road to get to Areca or is it between Beach road and 2nd? I don't think I would like crossing second road everyday.

Do you have to cross 2nd road to get to Areca or is it between Beach road and 2nd? I don't think I would like crossing second road everyday.

Its in Soi Dianna , so you do have to cross the road .

That Mikes mall, Kiss Food, Soi Dianna Intersection is murder, however just walk along second road in either direction 50odd metres and its fine to cross.

i am staying at Areca in July

Areca is a shithole. Stayed for one night 2 weeks ago, first stayed couple years back but it has gone down hill since then. Shit rooms, shit carpet, noisy, but their breakfast is pretty good.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Areca is a shithole. Stayed for one night 2 weeks ago, first stayed couple years back but it has gone down hill since then. Shit rooms, shit carpet, noisy, but their breakfast is pretty good.

hope you are wrong as i am booked in for july , when you say shit rooms , what do you mean ?? i stayed in the deluxe rooms last year and found them big and clean with all the amenities i needed , aircon, safe etc and to be honest you are the first i have read a bad comment from :P

A Question.........................

Are the beds comfortable ??????? are they hard or soft ??????

Does any one have any good photos of the hotel and the rooms ?????????????

Thanks

Thai Tony.