IGNORED

Rosetta Stone Thai Language course

FatBob

@johnboy1

Look here _http://www.warez-bb.org/index.php?sid=a769b7be63499f81e07a27a7632d6ae6

Register for free & then use search function.

Remember the files are stored on pay servers (Hotfile,Rapidshare,etc),if you don't want to subscribe to these you'll

have a long wait,as they don't give away many free downloads per day.

I personally use Hotfile (37 uk pounds 12 months unlimited)

Rosetta stone is excellent for languages using latin script, I've learnt French German Spanish and Italian using it, however I couldn't learn sod all with the Russian version. If you can read Thai and have a working knowledge of the language then Rosetta stone will make you fluent to a point.

For those looking to use torrents I couldn't get Rosetta V3 working on anything but Windows XP as the crack file has something on it which Windows 7 or Vista doesn't like the look of.

I've tried Rosetta Stone with Chinese and Thai and couldn't stick it out with either language.

- It's impossible to learn to read through RS

- A lot of the vocab they were using is outdated (too formal for everyday conversation)

I forgot to ask before, has anyone tried the Linguaphone course?, it's £209 and I'm tempted to give it a go if it's highly rated, otherwise I'll just wait until I arrive and go for 1-1 lessons.

• 3 months later...

I bought several books before I found one that worked for me. The best system I've found and used is "Thai for Beginners" by Benjawan Poomsn Becker". Don't buy just the book! There is a Book and 2-CD box, and that's what you want. The book alone is 300 baht, and the book CD package is 700 or 800 baht. She also has Thai for Intermediate Learners. I down loaded the CDs to my lap top, and also to my iPod and phone. I read it on this thread, and she says it in her book: Learn the Thai alphabet. Listen to the CDs, and write the letters. I had it down in 3 days. When you learn the alphabet, you'll be miles ahead. I also use 3"x5" indext cards. I write thai words on one side, and the English translation on the back. I carry a few cards around with me everyday, sometimes just words, and sometimes full sentences. Works for me. Good Luck to everyone.

I bought several books before I found one that worked for me. The best system I've found and used is "Thai for Beginners" by Benjawan Poomsn Becker". Don't buy just the book! There is a Book and 2-CD box, and that's what you want. The book alone is 300 baht, and the book CD package is 700 or 800 baht. She also has Thai for Intermediate Learners. I down loaded the CDs to my lap top, and also to my iPod and phone. I read it on this thread, and she says it in her book: Learn the Thai alphabet. Listen to the CDs, and write the letters. I had it down in 3 days. When you learn the alphabet, you'll be miles ahead. I also use 3"x5" indext cards. I write thai words on one side, and the English translation on the back. I carry a few cards around with me everyday, sometimes just words, and sometimes full sentences. Works for me. Good Luck to everyone.

I won the iPhone app for this in a web competition recently. It follows the chapters of the book and is, to a degree, interactive. I like it.

I find that having a number of different resources is good, each will tackle similar topics from a different angle. So between lessons, I look at different books etc on related (or sometimes random) topics. That is a major problem if you are using only the transliterations of course, as everyone uses a different system.

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire