IGNORED

Euro 2016 Draw

Steven B'stard

Just got an email telling me I'd been unsuccessful in the Public Ballot so I'll have to watch on TV. :-(

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Jesus!! Why did they bother with a qualifying competition? Almost every country in Europe has qualified!!!! I wonder if the pre-qualifiers was just a way of making more money?? Let me think about that for a second.....oh that only took me half a second......it WAS just to make more money

• 1 month later...

UEFA have just released the 'final' lot of tickets.

There's plenty of availability showing for most games involving the Home nations but only at the higher price categories.

If anyone would still like to go, have a look on the UEFA Ticket Portal.

Tickets showing available for all 3 NIR games and for 2 out of 3 games of WAL, ENG, IRE.

I must be mad.

Just bought a ticket for Wales' opening match in Bordeaux.

I blame the depression brought on by not being able to get to TLOS this Summer!

Now I just have to work out the best way to get there and back. Everything is extortionate. No easy, cheap options.

Can't be away for more than a couple of nights so fly or maybe train, or a combination.

Bit far to drive.

I must be mad.

Just bought a ticket for Wales' opening match in Bordeaux.

I blame the depression brought on by not being able to get to TLOS this Summer!

Now I just have to work out the best way to get there and back. Everything is extortionate. No easy, cheap options.

Can't be away for more than a couple of nights so fly or maybe train, or a combination.

Bit far to drive.

Who are you playing & who's your goalie, Henessey?

................................................................................................................

It's the first group game against Slovakia.

Hennessy has been first choice through the qualifiers.

I may end up not going as its ridiculously expensive (flights & hotels) and difficult for me to get away.

At least now I have the option.

Expect I'll be able to get rid of the ticket if it comes to it.

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Ticket arrived.

Looks unlikely I'll use it.

Looked into all possible ways of getting there and reckon it will be around £650 (without food & drink) whichever way I do it.

A couple of budget airline flights are available - £500 needing 2 nts hotel there or £600 there and back same day.

15 hour train journey about £300 + 2 nts hotel (Ibis starts from around £150 a night!)

Don't like being ripped off so will probably end up trying to sell ticket.

I'll give it a few weeks.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ticket arrived.

Looks unlikely I'll use it.

Looked into all possible ways of getting there and reckon it will be around £650 (without food & drink) whichever way I do it.

A couple of budget airline flights are available - £500 needing 2 nts hotel there or £600 there and back same day.

15 hour train journey about £300 + 2 nts hotel (Ibis starts from around £150 a night!)

Don't like being ripped off so will probably end up trying to sell ticket.

I'll give it a few weeks.

Are there no tour operators doing trips? See them all the time for Northern Ireland away games. We booked our flights and accommodation before we even booked tickets and were in for a sweat as we missed out on the first ballot despite never missing a game at Windsor Park for years. 3 nights in Nice, flights and tickets £450 :D

Are there no tour operators doing trips? See them all the time for Northern Ireland away games. We booked our flights and accommodation before we even booked tickets and were in for a sweat as we missed out on the first ballot despite never missing a game at Windsor Park for years. 3 nights in Nice, flights and tickets £450 :D

The 'official' ones all went to those that got tickets through the FAW - travel club members only. Fully booked up by them.

If you'd gone to every Wales home game for 10 years but not paid to join the travel club you weren't even allowed to apply for tickets allocated to the FAW!

I've just got to decide if it's worth spending £600-800 to see one game :-(

FlyBe have put a flight on from Cardiff, out and back same day, but it's nearly £600.

BTW, there were still tickets available for one N Ireland game on the UEFA portal a couple of days ago - can't remember which one.

I've also got a ticket for one Round of 16 and one Quarter Final but don't know if Wales will be playing. I need them to finish 3rd in the group!

Archived