Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Euro 2016 Draw

Steven B'stard

England's group looks straight forward,  Scotland don't have a hope in hell paired with Germany, Rep of Ireland and Poland,     

Group A: Holland, Czech Republic Turkey, Latvia, Iceland, Kazakhstan

Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belgium, Israel, Wales, Cyprus, Andorrra,

Group C: Spain, Ukraine, Slovakia, Belarus, FYR Macedonia, Luxembourg,

Group D: Germany, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Georgia, Gibraltar,

Group E: England, Switzerland Slovenia, Estonia, San Marino, Lithuania

Group F: Greece, Hungary, Romania, Finland, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands,

Group G: Russia, Sweden, Austria, Montenegro, Moldova, Liechtenstein

Group H: Italy, Croatia, Norway, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Malta

Group I: Portugal, Denmark, Serbia, Armenia, Albania, France*

* All Group I teams will play France home and away but the results will not count towards qualification.

Stevie

Thanks for sharing - I totally forgot about this!

Group E: England, Switzerland Slovenia, Estonia, San Marino, Lithuania

What a boring group - this is why I don't watch qualifiers or friendly international matches.  I'll just wait until our 1st group game at EURO 2016

I hope Wales can use the opportunity of an enlarged competition to finally qualify for a major tournament.

Another group of disappointment for our friends north of the border :)

^  Can't see Wales qualifying over Belgium or Bosnia but you never know.

Stevie

This time the Euro is supposed to be of 32 teams?

................................................................................................................

Not sure, though you may be correct.  There are 9 groups so i don't know how they are going to work it.  

Stevie

24 teams mate, France automatically in as hosts, 18 teams qualify from the top two places in each group, best third automatically in and 8 third placed teams play off against each other to get the remaining 4 places.

As for us in group f, we are capable of five home wins and away wins over Finland and Faroes with draws against Romania and Hungary. But that's on paper and the fact the we drew with Luxembourg at home and got beat away from home, I'm not holding out an hope.

All groups look pretty much predictable although matches on Sundays and Mondays is messed up 5555

^  Can't see Wales qualifying over Belgium or Bosnia but you never know.[/

The 3rd place teams also go in to a play off so it's possible.

This competition has been so watered down that it will become boring

• 2 weeks later...

In Strachan we trust!!!!  seems to have the players wanting to play for the country again think Scotland every bit as strong as Poland and the Republic should go right to the wire looking forward to the Euros for a change

• 1 year later...

Strange qualifying competition this time round, minnows like Iceland, Albania, Northern Ireland have qualified with games to spare & big wigs like Holland, Croatia, Sweden all unsure of reaching competition proper.

A golden generation in the case of Wales maybe, don't think UEFA would be very happy with some of the powerhouses missing out.

................................................................................................................

Strange qualifying competition this time round, minnows like Iceland, Albania, Northern Ireland have qualified with games to spare & big wigs like Holland, Croatia, Sweden all unsure of reaching competition proper.

A golden generation in the case of Wales maybe, don't think UEFA would be very happy with some of the powerhouses missing out.

Its going to be a terrible tournament. The Euros was always about quality over quantity but now they've extended it to 24 teams

Its going to be a terrible tournament. The Euros was always about quality over quantity but now they've extended it to 32 teams

24 teams in competition proper.

24 teams in competition proper.

cheers fixed that. There is talk of it being pushed to 32 in coming tournaments. Its basically becoming an International champions league. There will be some horrendous group games 

cheers fixed that. There is talk of it being pushed to 32 in coming tournaments. Its basically becoming an International champions league. There will be some horrendous group games 

I think the expansion was the brainchild of Platini in lieu of support for his UEFA presidency. Now, he wants to become FIFA President 55.

The qualifying stage, except for the play-offs has ended. Following teams qualified:

Group A: Iceland, Czech Republic, Turkey (as best third placed)
Group B: Belgium, Wales

Group C: Spain (holders), Slovakia
Group D: Germany, Poland
Group E: England, Switzerland
Group F: Northern Ireland, Romania
Group G: Austria, Russia
Group H: Italy, Croatia
Group I: Portugal, Albania

Teams that go into play-offs are: Hungary, Ukraine, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Rep Ireland, Bosnia, Slovenia

Netherlands Czech Republic

2:3

From the 43 minutes we played in only ten men after red card. Great performance, thanks guys! first place in the group with 22 points,

:Clap1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 1 month later...

Draw for competition proper of Euro-2016 out, more or less evenly matched competitive groups. Doesn't seem to be one group of death per se.

Group A France, Romania Albania, Switzerland

Group B: England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia

Group C: Germany, Northern Ireland, Poland, Ukraine  

Group D: Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic, Croatia

Group E: Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Italy

Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Hungary, Austria

Not sure RoI in Group E would see it that way?

We're only there for a bit of craic and a few pints. 3 games is enough France is expensive

We're only there for a bit of craic and a few pints. 3 games is enough France is expensive

Brilliant - way to go !!

I posted in the other thread that it looks like I have no chance of getting tickets.

I applied in the first round and got a couple of Quarter Final tickets & was hoping to have some luck in the second round of applications starting tomorrow.

Unfortunately, each FA has been allowed to set their own criteria. In our group: Slovakia & Russia allow any citizen or resident to apply. England any member of Supporters Club. Wales are only allowing GOLD members of the Supporters Club to even apply for tickets.

The only way I'm going to get tickets is if I buy hospitality. It would cost £2700 for the 3 group games! No way I'm doing that (unless I won last nights Lotto :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I posted in the other thread that it looks like I have no chance of getting tickets.

I applied in the first round and got a couple of Quarter Final tickets & was hoping to have some luck in the second round of applications starting tomorrow.

Unfortunately, each FA has been allowed to set their own criteria. In our group: Slovakia & Russia allow any citizen or resident to apply. England any member of Supporters Club. Wales are only allowing GOLD members of the Supporters Club to even apply for tickets.

The only way I'm going to get tickets is if I buy hospitality. It would cost £2700 for the 3 group games! No way I'm doing that (unless I won last nights Lotto :-)

What would the hospitality package entail you, would it add value to the matches.

You get a posh meal, a good seat, programme, parking, special entrance and a football.

About £1000 a game is way too much - and I've found out you have to book a minimum of 2 people!

I have read on Twitter that there may be a small chance of tickets being available through a public portal - for those unable to go through the 'follow your team' application.

I'll see tomorrow. Otherwise no chance due to FAW restrictions.

So, I did manage to apply through the public portal. I assume it's a smaller number of tickets and some were Restricted View.

I'll find out in February if I've got any and will then be able to plan my Summer!

I'll then have to try and find flights! I can't go out for more than a couple of days at a time so will have to travel backwards & forwards if I get tickets. Hope my back survives the flights!!

So, I did manage to apply through the public portal. I assume it's a smaller number of tickets and some were Restricted View.

I'll find out in February if I've got any and will then be able to plan my Summer!

I'll then have to try and find flights! I can't go out for more than a couple of days at a time so will have to travel backwards & forwards if I get tickets. Hope my back survives the flights!!

Come on!! you are still so much closer to the action, maybe get a group & drive through.

If I'm lucky with tickets then I'll get there

Archived