IGNORED

Customs crackdown?

Scumbag

they are looking at your body-language. so if your acting suspicious they will pull you up and check your bags.

another thing not to do is walk quickly when your going past the customs team.... big giveaway

they are looking at your body-language. so if your acting suspicious they will pull you up and check your bags.

another thing not to do is walk quickly when your going past the customs team.... big giveaway

Every time I walk through I am walking as quick as I can. Never had any problems... :P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

What’s the penalty for bringing in an illegal sex toy

As far as I am aware it is just confiscation. However they make a great show of embarrassing you by getting angry about your lack of respect for their law and culture etc. Personally I don't blame them. Whatever you think of their law its is just that THEIR law and if you are not prepared to respect it then be prepared to suffer the consequences.

In addition it will make them look very carefully at your other luggage, your passport etc.

Cigarettes in another matter

Official fines are as follows but stories of vastly inflated ones are rife

Allowance is 200 cigarettes.

Duty + Fine on excess is 3555 baht per carton (10 packets).

So if you bring in 1000 i.e. 5 cartons the fine is a MINIMUM of 14,000 but you would probably have a multiplier added and have to pay anything up to ten times that.

In addition they confiscate ALL the cigarettes, even the 200 you are allowed.

Bottom line is its NOT worth it when fags are so cheap in Thailand anyway!!

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

only you can do that and get away with it, scummy.... nobody else :)

Ive come into BKK 50+ times and never been stopped but I have a friend who gets stopped about 50%, and not just BKK but in Tokyo and others. He's white and looks not worse than others, dresses jeans and tshirt but not looking like a bum. I have yet to figure it, must be body language, shift eyes...but definitely something.

A good tip is to look as if you are concentraiting on something else,life you are checking out the ass on a girl in front of you.Don't use your mobile though as this will more likely annoy them and get you pulled,thanks to o.p. for thumbs up

A good tip is to look as if you are concentraiting on something else,life you are checking out the ass on a girl in front of you.Don't use your mobile though as this will more likely annoy them and get you pulled,thanks to o.p. for thumbs up

a friend was telling me about the mobile as well, good tip.

shame about your name though bro :unsure:

when i arrived at bangkok on the 1st may i had to wait very long before my bag came out.

once i got to my room it looked like they broken my lock from my big bag.

thats now the second time this hapend

This is one thing that worries me, not because of anything being nicked, but possibility of something being put inside bag.

They were screening some passengers' luggage when I flew in a week or two ago, it seemed to be targeting mainly the indian/mid-east flights that had arrived.

On the question of having nothing to hide, mentioned in some posts, I'd guess that a fair percentage of those coming in bring things that should technically be declared. It appears that you can bring in virtually nothing of value Thai Customs Regulations, I guess that even mobile phones, cameras etc should be declared. I have heard that there is a stash of goodies taken from those coming in to the country, but it is obviously not a regulation usually adhered to.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the heads-up....maybe should leave the vibrator at home too....

but

I'll now probably sneak some LB magazines into one of my buddies suitcases

and see what happens to him

aki