Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Customs crackdown?

Scumbag

My girl flew into Bangkok a couple of days ago. She told me that customs were x-raying everyones bag. This might have only been a one day thing but it might be worth keeping in mind that it can happen. Any input from people who have arrived lately would be appreciated.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Its gonna look like DM's carrying explosives, when they open the bag and find 5 vibrators taped together they'll get a good laugh out of it.

Exactly, what would you be bringing in that would show up on an xray?

Many people bring sex toys into the country. They are illegal to have in Thailand. A lot of people are a bit naughty and bring more tobacco products than they should. I posted it as a warning to be careful as I have never seen or heard of them checking people's luggage as they enter.

Also if they are doing this regularly it will likely lengthen the time it takes to get out of the airport.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Where did she fly from and what time did she arrive? They could have been targeting a flight or flights from a specific country that they consider high risk for what ever reason.

Testicles

Ive entered thailand from Vietnam with Lots of copy DVDs, never been stopped but these items are illigal in Thailand and Im sure that if stopped they would have been confiscated.

Cheers Mick

Thanks for the heads up Scumbag.... always nice to know what's going on

Where did she fly from and what time did she arrive? They could have been targeting a flight or flights from a specific country that they consider high risk for what ever reason.

I'm surprised you need to ask where she came from.... :P She arrived from Australia with a stop-oever in Phuket.

Its gonna look like DM's carrying explosives, when they open the bag and find 5 vibrators taped together they'll get a good laugh out of it.

damn! just my luck!!! i guess i gotta leave the vibrators at home... :Whistle:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Interestingly I got stopped by customs coming in a while ago (I always get stopped everywhere i go!!!!)was carrying 1,000 fags but luckily had just got new passport so i pleaded the innocent new tourist and the customs guy let me through........(wouldn't work for me now though cos 6 months later got busted bringing a lot of fags in from Cambodia!!)

What’s the penalty for bringing in an illegal sex toy

Edited by bibzo

My girl flew into Bangkok a couple of days ago. She told me that customs were x-raying everyones bag. This might have only been a one day thing but it might be worth keeping in mind that it can happen. Any input from people who have arrived lately would be appreciated.

when i arrived at bangkok on the 1st may i had to wait very long before my bag came out.

once i got to my room it looked like they broken my lock from my big bag.

thats now the second time this hapend

If you have a connecting flight through Abu Dhabi to Bangkok then you could be in trouble. They ask you to take off your shoes and put it through the machine. However, their machines also have a sensor to detect drugs.

One guy made the news recently when he was remanded in custody because they had found a microgram of cannabis on the sole of his shoes. Possession of any drugs in Abu Dhabi no matter how small the amount results in a couple of years in jail if found guilty.

If you have a connecting flight through Abu Dhabi to Bangkok then you could be in trouble. They ask you to take off your shoes and put it through the machine. However, their machines also have a sensor to detect drugs.

One guy made the news recently when he was remanded in custody because they had found a microgram of cannabis on the sole of his shoes. Possession of any drugs in Abu Dhabi no matter how small the amount results in a couple of years in jail if found guilty.

I have been thro abu dhabi several times I cannot recall ever having to take off my shoes at the dep gate x ray machine

but fags are cheap in abu dhabi and turning up at bkk with a stuffed duty free bag of more than 200 fags will get u into bother.

Edited by striderman

would DM fit in my luggage? and more importantly, wtf would customs says if DM popped out of my bag?

Interestingly I got stopped by customs coming in a while ago (I always get stopped everywhere i go!!!!)was carrying 1,000 fags but luckily had just got new passport so i pleaded the innocent new tourist and the customs guy let me through........(wouldn't work for me now though cos 6 months later got busted bringing a lot of fags in from Cambodia!!)

Mike

did they stop you because they saw your duty free bag or were the fags in your suitcase and they just pulled you over because they didn't like the look of you :Think1:

Mike

did they stop you because they saw your duty free bag or were the fags in your suitcase and they just pulled you over because they didn't like the look of you :Drink4:

in all the years I have been coming to Thailand I only ever got stopped once, and that was last year. he did not speak but poked the outside of my bag with 1 finger..........that was it.

however tho lazy they are not blind and an overfull duty free bag will get their attention and you a world of grief

My GF mentioned today that the customs officer told her that this will is a permanent procedure. I guess we will see how long they stick with it.

My GF mentioned today that the customs officer told her that this will is a permanent procedure. I guess we will see how long they stick with it.

i flew thai airlines one trip and they searched my luggage before i got to the seating area....i had a video camera, camera, memory cards full of beautiful delights. they didnt even look at anything. oh yea, also had a laptop.

dont know what the worry is about- got nothing to hide so search away.

friend of mine arrived yesterday, he was not stopped, or his bag x-rayed, but he said the collection area was a zoo with at least 3 flights waiting for luggage, so maybe they didnt do it as there was so many people in there?

i have only been to Thailand 3 times. twice via Dubai with emirates and once bkk- heathrow with Thai. I have always brought back knuckle duster and police expandable koshes back with me. Always 30-40 fake t shirts and 3000-4000 fags. I take my chances but I wont be doing it again. This last flight 3 days ago i noticed 30-40 bags on my flight had been ''screened'' with big stickers on. I was shitting myself, extra police staff on duty, customs was in full swing i thought i was going to be busted. Luckily i walked through customs with no problems. Seemed they were stopping all the Pakistanis from the flight that arrived 5 mins after mine.

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

• 1 month later...
Mike

did they stop you because they saw your duty free bag or were the fags in your suitcase and they just pulled you over because they didn't like the look of you :)

I got stopped by customs because they just didn't like the look of me(I have the same problem with thai girls!).