Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travelling with Emirates Business Class.

princepattaya

Once again I had accumulated enough Skywards airmiles to upgrade my Economy ticket to Business class for 2 legs of my journey.

I opted for the 1st outgoing stage from Birmingham to Dubai, and the return leg from Dubai to Birmingham to enable me to use the chauffeur pickup and drop off service.

I am afraid that I didn't get any photo's of the outgoing section, but plenty of my return leg.

I was seated in the front row 1K, but it didn't really matter as there were plenty of empty seats available if I wanted to change?

304368-50.jpg

After enjoying a glass or two of Henriot Brut Souverain NV Champagne, we were leaving Dubai airport behind us and up above the desert.

304368-51.jpg

304368-52.jpg

304368-53.jpg

304368-54.jpg

304368-55.jpg

On yesterdays flight we were offered a continental breakfast consisting of fresh fruit juice, Seasonal fruits, yoghurt and various breads and preserves.

304368-56.jpg

304368-57.jpg

304368-58.jpg

I ate this whilst watching a classic episode of Alan Partridge, a huge hero of mine, before laying back the electrically operated seat and stretching my 6'3" carcass to its max, and perusing the latest copy of Horse & Hound, another favorite monthly of mine.

304368-59.jpg

304368-60.jpg

After a light snooze whilst listening to some of my favorite tunes,

304368-61.jpg

...........it was time for lunch and I had 2 trolley dollies setting my personal walnut effect table.

304368-62.jpg

I was then offered a selection of cold canapes with a glass of Sarget de Gruaud Larose, Saint Julien 1999 Bordeaux.

304368-63.jpg

followed by my choice of Arabic mezze starters, mixed salad with a honey dressing and a fresh bread roll.

304368-64.jpg

The mezze included cheese with zaatar, potato kibbeh, chickpea salad, cabbage salad, baba ghannouj, vine leaves and spinach fatayer, garnished with lemon and stuffed olives.

It was nice to try all this stuff, but reckon I should have ordered the marinated sliced duck instead?

I chose the milk fed veal medallions, which was ok, if a little overcooked if you ask me?

304368-65.jpg

I was not going to bother, but I did manage to stuff a desert of chocolate panettone bread pudding with a vanilla flavoured sauce for afters.

304368-66.jpg

I was a little bored by now so I tuned into the 'cloud cam' situated under the plane to spot some real beauties,

304368-67.jpg

...............before forcing myself to go for a crap over Germany in honour of my departed grandad.

304368-68.jpg

Before long we were coming over England (not literally) and were back on home soil at a sunny Birmingham.

304368-69.jpg

I was first off the plane after pushing a few oap's out of the way and made my way through immigration and baggage collection to be met by my Emirates Mercedes outside the door.

304368-70.jpg

70 miles up the road and 70 minutes later, we were back at Prince Towers to start saving up my pennies for my next trip, which will of course be with Emirates once again.

Prince

I thought you were going on a diet when you left LOS???

Food looks good.Will fly with emirates next time.

A nice, unusual trip report... For me its only economy-class so its interesting to see how the jet-set travels.......

large sig = small penis

Great pics and report. I can agree 100% Emirates are a different class airline. Even their economy section competes well with any business class I've ever flown with. The hours just slip away with the excellent entertainment system and I liked the bit where you could play every UK number one single since records began. £5 a pint in Dubai airport is the only downside.

Great pics your royal highness. Thank you for seeing a bit of your world through your eyes. LOL.

Great pics and report. I can agree 100% Emirates are a different class airline. Even their economy section competes well with any business class I've ever flown with. The hours just slip away with the excellent entertainment system and I liked the bit where you could play every UK number one single since records began. £5 a pint in Dubai airport is the only downside.

Co'mon... Emirates economy is not that special... The 10 abreast seating and the crappy meal service (just one hot meal on each sector whereas Etihad and Qatar offer two) isn't really great and far away from all major carriers business classes... The ICE entertainment system and the FFP is great though

large sig = small penis

I always fly Emirates Business Class and I have to concur in flight service is great... :Laugh1: ..Mrs B has only ever flown economy once and now won't go back to it... :GoldenSmile1:

We have now racked up over 100,000 airmiles each and will build on that when I start my new contract in June..So can you tell me how exactly you purchased the eonomy class tickets then upgraded them to Business class..???...I might take Mrs B to blighty for Xmas!!

Thanks!!

Have flown with Emirates a few times but only in cattle class. Was still very impressed with the aircraft, in flight service, food and toys. They dont fly from Melbourne to Bangkok so I dont use em anymore.

Testicles

Good flight report and pics thanks for posting.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

£5 a pint in Dubai airport is the only downside.

But in the lounge it is all free....and with a good choice of wines/ports/spirits..to go with the free grub.....Burp!!..and then a shower with the missus!!

We have now racked up over 100,000 airmiles each and will build on that when I start my new contract in June..So can you tell me how exactly you purchased the eonomy class tickets then upgraded them to Business class..???...I might take Mrs B to blighty for Xmas!!

Thanks!!

100,000 points each must be worth a free flight each in Economy or at least an upgrade to Business for a return journey, presuming you reside in the UK?

Have some dates in mind when you want to go next and give the Skywards centre in Manchester a call (www.skywards.com), they open at 8am each working day, and have always been very helpfull with every aspect of the booking process, and will advise you on how best to use your points.

Please note that on top of the purchase price of the economy ticket, if you leave the UK in business class you must pay an extra £40 tax?

Prince

great post ive also flown with qatar who are very good but trying emirates first time in june so will take your advice on reedeemimng points thanks

You have far too much time on your hands, my friend.

that looks very good.

on my first trip i came with emirates.

in economy class and even that was good compared on what u get on other airlines.

thanks for the information mate and thanks for sharing the pics

You have far too much time on your hands, my friend.

Thanks for the comment, my friend. :SteamingMad:

• 2 weeks later...

Emirates is the best airline I've flown. The business class on Etihad looked more luxurious though. The only downside of Etihad is having to stop over in that hole of a place they call Abu Dhabi Airport.

i find a great thing with emirates is that with their skywards airmiles you can list any 5 people as family and when they fly emirates you get 20% from their airmiles if they are not themselves skywards members

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

100,000 points each must be worth a free flight each in Economy or at least an upgrade to Business for a return journey, presuming you reside in the UK?

Have some dates in mind when you want to go next and give the Skywards centre in Manchester a call (www.skywards.com), they open at 8am each working day, and have always been very helpfull with every aspect of the booking process, and will advise you on how best to use your points.

Please note that on top of the purchase price of the economy ticket, if you leave the UK in business class you must pay an extra £40 tax?

Prince

Thanks very much mate Unfortunately ( :question1: ) I live in LOS and I won't be flying via Dubai next trip as I flew to J'Burg with Thai...I will find out the nearest service centre and give them a call...

• 3 weeks later...

business looks the bollocks with emirates airways. some of grub you got there looks tasty.

In 2003 I was still married to a Thai lady and in July of that year we flew economy class with the Emerates airline. We flew Manchester - Dubai - BKK. During our holiday we stayed at the "Welcome Plaza" hotel in Pattaya. One afternoon Bob who runs the bar that I drink in in Pattaya came to see at our hotel. I was by the swimming pool. Bob told me that one of his girls had recently married an english man and after the wedding the bloke had returned to England, Anyway the girl had just been to the British embassy and got her visa to England. So Bob had been asked to help the girl book her flight to Manchester UK. So Bob came to the hotel and told us that the girl hadnt flown before and it would be good if she could fly to the UK with people she new. So Bob asked if it was OK if he tried to book her on our flights back to the UK. We said that it was OK and we were happy to help her.

So Bob went away and tried to get her on our flight. That night we saw Bob and the girl. Bob told us that he managed to book her on our flights back to the UK but there were no economy seats available. So he had to book her into business class.

We continued chatting to bob and the girl and thought that it wouldnt be nice for her to sit alone in business class. So the girl would sit with my ex in economy and I would go and sit in business class for both legs of the flight back home :P

So I had a great trip back to the UK.

And I would recoment Emerates business class to anybody

Business class is great if I have the air miles on my loyalty card but the Business class prices are just not in my budjet.

I fly economy as a rule and drop a pill and sleep for 8 hours or more.

I pay £600/£750 on avarage for a good direct economy flight and a business seat would be about 800/1000 pounds more and this money is spent on my P4P when I am in Thailand.

With my loyalty card I do get about one business flight free or upgraded each year and yes its just spot on but I can not afford the prices.

I have over the years done it all and I have even done first class flights but with my points as the Thai First class I did costs £2,800 pounds or more even with a discounted internet flight company.

Emirates is about the only airline I have not flown with in my UK to Bangkok life................

Great Pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Thai Tony.

Yes, fit for a king. That's why I always fly Emirates.

"A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

-Kenny Powers