Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

None expencive golf in and around Pattaya

AlantheBuilder

Most open at 6am till dark mate

6am...   That's the time I usually get home, nice & cool though 

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the best course in the area??

• 4 months later...

No such thing in Thailand once you've paid the mandatory caddy fee plus compulsory tip

I've got to ask - in comparison to what? If you're coming from just about any developed nation then golf in and around Pattaya is more than affordable in comparison. 1000 - 1500 baht a round all inclusive is well less than green fees will run you for any comparable course elsewhere. And several in Patts are world class.

OP, a better idea would to state the range of fees you're willing to pay. I'm certain you'll get a range of suggestions.

I'm personally a fan of Khao Keow (sp?). Beautiful course and far cheaper than what I'd pay for a similar links back home or (god forbid) in Japan.

I've got to ask - in comparison to what? If you're coming from just about any developed nation then golf in and around Pattaya is more than affordable in comparison. 1000 - 1500 baht a round all inclusive is well less than green fees will run you for any comparable course elsewhere. And several in Patts are world class.

OP, a better idea would to state the range of fees you're willing to pay. I'm certain you'll get a range of suggestions.

I'm personally a fan of Khao Keow (sp?). Beautiful course and far cheaper than what I'd pay for a similar links back home or (god forbid) in Japan.

Good point. For holiday golf it is comparable to Europe if not a little cheaper, so for infrequent rounds its good. If you wanted to play all year round like I was considering, its much more expensive than a UK club membership, in part because in the UK you wouldn't generally use a caddy saving approx £2k a year if you played 3 times a week.

Best golf in the world. I used to play in Spain /Portugal regularly but at 8 euro a pint you can shove it up your arse.

Golf In Thialand for me is cheap....... as the extra curricular activities are much cheaper making it a much better deal all round,,,

I don't mind paying 1500 but when I'm with my wife and 2 kids and we want to play every day that's would cost 52000 a week with tips

....send the wife shopping...might work out cheaper for you

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Weirdly playing golf in UK all year round would be far cheaper than Thailand even though labour and land and other costs are far far cheaper in Thailand

• 2 weeks later...

We have a job coming up on cha am near hua hin and need some cheap golf for my gang - wife 2 boys and myself !

Does anyone know any reasonably prices courses army navy maybe ?

There is no cheap Golf in Hua-Hin/Cha Am,playing Golf in Pattaya is far cheaper,I was going to say no Army/Navy Courses in HH/CA but the gray matter turned over,although it's about 35klms South of HH,there is an Army Course in Pranburi,it used to be only 9 Holes and then some time back they made it 18 Holes,couldn't tell you the price but I do know that it is far cheaper than playing in HH/CA,the guys who live in HH who can't afford to play the Courses in HH play there Golf in Pranburi,I don't know what the condition is like but it's cheap.

Thanks mate that's great to known.

Good for my kids .

I did find a few golf courses around 1000 B I will take my friends there once they come over , there hackers but enjoy a round .

I like the course around Khorat and Khow Yai myself , also Khon Khen is great value and brilliant course

Last June i had one of the best and cheapest golf holidays in Pattaya. You just have to pre plan it before you go over there. Get on the Pattaya sports club site and you`ll see that most courses have sports days(sometimes a 1/3 of the normal price). So if you`re prepared to send off emails, you can organise your golf trip from home. We use a driver to take you there and back which will cost you 1000/1500 for the day(Mr Boon`s taxi service-0819039176)

Last June i had one of the best and cheapest golf holidays in Pattaya. You just have to pre plan it before you go over there. Get on the Pattaya sports club site and you`ll see that most courses have sports days(sometimes a 1/3 of the normal price). So if you`re prepared to send off emails, you can organise your golf trip from home. We use a driver to take you there and back which will cost you 1000/1500 for the day(Mr Boon`s taxi service-0819039176)

T-bone...does this Mr Boon have an email address?

We have been using a guy who charges between 1600 and 2200 baht depending on how far he has to take us.

1600 to Pattaya Country Club

2200 to Bangpra, Mountain Shadow, Emerald

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Archived