Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baht Bus Pick Pockets

Shuggy

See now fellas this is when you should always have 2 thai girls with you ..........one to sit on your lap and one to sit next to you with her hands in your pockets ...................problem solved. Oh yeah.

Surely you mean three girls - one on top and one either side?

Very Good Heads Up! Had a pick-pocket trying to snab me @ the Crocodile Farm. Buzzer would have had me, had it not been for my GFE. For me GFEs allways keep me out of harms way, unlike PT/LT girls.

Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want Answers To!

dirty_sanchez.jpg

With the price of gold going through the roof there is an increase in motorbike necklace snatching as well .

I witnessed a snatch in Soi Buahkau , two guys on a motorbike with full face helmets on . They just ripped the necklace from the Thai girls neck . They were away before anyone realised what was happening .

She said it had cost 4000 baht .

If you see two guys on a bike with full helmets - Beware !

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

Four girls got on a songthew with me yesterday, one sitting each side unnecessarily close. The girl on the right had a large bag on her lap with her hand underneath. I quickly put my hands in my pockets to secure my phone and cash. Shortly after they all got off and flagged down another songthew. They all appeared fairly young, I'm guessing 15-20. Thanks to threads like this on PA I didn't lose anything.

Thanks for the info! I will get extra carefull during my next trip, as I sometime carry expensive items (small camcoder, pda,...).

Up to now thais have stricked me as especially honest compared to other countries with equivalent wealth. Is it changing?

Edited by gregkai

Thanks for the info! I will get extra carefull during my next trip, as I sometime carry expensive items (small camcoder, pda,...).

Up to now thais have stricked me as especially honest compared to other countries with equivalent wealth. Is it changing?

No, I don't think so, just a very small minority causing a problem. You're much more likely to be robbed in America or Europe, in fact almost anywhere else in the world. Don't be paranoid, just beware samll brown women with big handbags sitting close up to you on a baht bus!

Next rip I will bring some old cheap wallets.. fill them with newspaper and a note saying.......

"spend this you low loife theiving cunt"

When the open it 555555555555555

What a freaking riot! That is like a skit out of Saturday Night Live or something. Funny characters and funnier situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Four girls got on a songthew with me yesterday, one sitting each side unnecessarily close. The girl on the right had a large bag on her lap with her hand underneath. I quickly put my hands in my pockets to secure my phone and cash. Shortly after they all got off and flagged down another songthew. They all appeared fairly young, I'm guessing 15-20. Thanks to threads like this on PA I didn't lose anything.

Its just happened again, a different gang this time but similar operation. Four of them, I guess to full up the songthew and create as many distractions as possible. This time two of them with large bags, one of them had the letters v & e tattooed the 3rd & 4th fingers of her left hand. As soon as they realised they were getting nothing from me they got off and immediately flagged down another songthew going in the opposite direction.

Be careful out there, this seems to be an extremely common occurence.

Looks like some of them got caught:

German Tourist robbed on Baht Bus. Three suspects arrested

Three arrested, can't be sure from the pictures, but looks like the girl and katoey that tried to pick my pockets.

Its the same ones!!! :) Thanks for posting the story. :wacko: Great to hear that they caught the feckers.

Testicles

smiler Posted Jul 8 2008, 04:25 AM

Looks like some of them got caught:

German Tourist robbed on Baht Bus. Three suspects arrested

Three arrested, can't be sure from the pictures, but looks like the girl and katoey that tried to pick my pockets.

Just saw that on Pattayaone news web. I wondered if it was the same group as shuggy had posted about, I was going to link it but smiler beet me to it. good on ya mate.

Glad they got caught, thats one less gang.

Cheers Mick

It would be interesting to know the penalties Thai's get for committing various crimes. They rarely get reported.

Glad they got caught, thats one less gang.

I doubt they will be executed or even do significant jail time. My bet is that they are already back on the streets of Pattaya stealing from tourists. Thieving cunts.

Edited by gogo dog

Its extremly common, watch any Thai who comes on board with a flat bag a single guy nicked my mates wallet 5 weeks ago.

Very common

...thanks for the heads-up....

I know many people avoid violence, as I do, but I am

sure a total beat down would stop them from doing it again.

aki

• 2 months later...

thanks for the tips guys, it must be on the rise again, off to los in october, will keep you posted,,, thanks

<p>

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for the info. will have to remember this scam when I am over there.

is this kindof stuff common?

Im gonna get some old, empty, wore out, useless wallets to carry on the baht buses.

• 3 weeks later...

I should know this. I should remember this. I was a little suspicious. Like I am most of the time. Did not bother to do anything. 400€ gone. Just withdrawn. He couldn't see it, sheer luck on his side. Maybe I learned some lesson, maybe not. Credit card was a problem. Easy to freeze, but how to get money. In fact several ways, but get stucked to do it the way I found the easiest. money was a long time near to come, but several tries before I really got it.

I should know this. I should remember this. I was a little suspicious. Like I am most of the time. Did not bother to do anything. 400€ gone. Just withdrawn. He couldn't see it, sheer luck on his side. Maybe I learned some lesson, maybe not. Credit card was a problem. Easy to freeze, but how to get money. In fact several ways, but get stucked to do it the way I found the easiest. money was a long time near to come, but several tries before I really got it.

Just curious, did they take it from your back or front pocket?

Reminds me of a time in AC when I had to pull a pickpocket's hand out of my pocket. It was hardly skilled. If you keep your wits about you and don't carry a wallet but fold your money up you make life very hard for them. I would have avoided a physical altercation too. Never worth it in Pattaya.