IGNORED

Thai's fight tourists

nightlyf

I have found that Phuket is a place you go for a few days then leave, They seem to have a diffrent attitude than the people in the north.Its things like this thats killing Thailand ,

I work in the Middle East and notice the difference of how muslims treat people. Last time in Phi Phi I really noticed that there are a lot of Muslims there and they Definitely don't have the carefree, friendly attitude of the Buddhists. They put up with us for Money only and seem to resent us at the same time. Same maybe goes in Phuket.

• 2 months later...

The young thai blokes feel inferior to the rich Farangs and love to fight any chance they get.

I attended the full moon party in KPG a few years back and had a problem with a Thai bloke. He seemed to think that when I walked past him on the beach, my thong flicked sand onto him. He came up and asked me why I did it - I explained I didn't realise I did and apologised.

So about 30 mintues later I was sitting around on the beach with a group of friends - 3 other guys, 2 of their farang girlfriends and 1 with a Thai girl (not a bargirl). All of a sudden this same guy walks up, grabs the Thai girl by the hand and tries to drag her away from us down the beach. The girl was extremely frightened and screaming/crying. It was her first time on KPG.

So the I stood up - there were about 4 of this guys mates with him but obviously they didn't like the odds of fighting me and others, so they pissed off any we never saw them again.

They are just cowards and misogynists who feel like they own the place, obviously there's not much you can do about it except try to ignore them and safety in numbers. But it's pretty hard to ignore them when they start getting physical without provocation.

• 4 weeks later...
The young thai blokes feel inferior to the rich Farangs and love to fight any chance they get.

I attended the full moon party in KPG a few years back and had a problem with a Thai bloke. He seemed to think that when I walked past him on the beach, my thong flicked sand onto him. He came up and asked me why I did it - I explained I didn't realise I did and apologised.

So about 30 mintues later I was sitting around on the beach with a group of friends - 3 other guys, 2 of their farang girlfriends and 1 with a Thai girl (not a bargirl). All of a sudden this same guy walks up, grabs the Thai girl by the hand and tries to drag her away from us down the beach. The girl was extremely frightened and screaming/crying. It was her first time on KPG.

So the I stood up - there were about 4 of this guys mates with him but obviously they didn't like the odds of fighting me and others, so they pissed off any we never saw them again.

They are just cowards and misogynists who feel like they own the place, obviously there's not much you can do about it except try to ignore them and safety in numbers. But it's pretty hard to ignore them when they start getting physical without provocation.

me and three friends were getting wasted on beach rd and 3 young thai guys came and joined us for a while. These guys were good but I can sure understand how the crazy little fuckers can get dangerous.

Having walked Bangla road many times I can understand how people can get sick and tired of the peep show touts. However, I can't say I've ever had a problem with them. Just like the suit touts, they enjoy a laugh. Play along and point to the farang women nearby and suggest she'd enjoy the show. They'll soon move on.

The touts are part of the scene. In my experience it's a lot more difficult to embrace this part of the scene when alcohol fueled ego gets in the way.

After viewing this footage, all I can say is "lucky." Sad story about the KPG though... would have been scary for her.

sitting in my room looking over Walking Street this week i heard a lady scream so ran to my window to see thai guys running in a kicking into someone on the ground only to disperse just a quickly as they arrived. couldnt se to much as was obscured by a street sign but someone took a good kicking.

they all like to get in 2 or 3 kicks then get out of there.

went for a walk to bali hai before about 10am sat down in grass scorching sun lookin at sea and boats and pussy ha,group of thais 3 guys 4 girls got talkin to them usual bs talk they were about 18 i would tink,they went to their own just few feet from me,they asked if i wanted a smoke (ice or watever the fuck it was) said no thanks seen the guy go under the bridge part put on balaclava (thais not like sun) and take out a six inch knife i presume to cut up wat ever they were usin,wen i seen that knife i wasnt long puttin a good distance between them just wouldnt know wat the fuck they cud do,seen sum thai motorbike taxi guy litterally kick a fella continuisly in the arse from jenny star bar to Insomnia was so funny farang didnt want to start anyting as he wud ave ended up watchin his bak for rest of his holiday,most thais are like fightin knackers here your not fightin one your fightin em all they will cum bak especially if u get the better of em,they dont tink twice about usin weapons knives batons,there not all Muay Thai fighters you know haha

wat must they be thinkin though? white man cums and fucks their best lookin women ha

white man cums and fucks their best lookin women ha

most white men fuck their worst looking(to them) women haha

Too true... they laugh at us because to them we are going with their worst women and paying money for it, while in their eyes they get to root the best ones for no cash. I'm more than happy to be laughed at though... as i'm sure most on here are.

• 4 months later...

I've seen so many drunks come close to this, but the Thais always show restraint. I think it takes some pushing to get them to react like this.

To get these men so angry these guys must have said or done something bad otherwise they don't react like that.

typical thais..10 onto 1 is the only way they fight

hey, what would you do if you should fight against a guy who is 30 cm taller and around 30 kilos heavier???? If thai man fight 1 on 1 it isn't equal at all as most thai men have no hitting power at all. That's why many of them use weapons and help each other against farangs. if they don't fight like this they get beaten up from every "fit" farang. It's like a heavy weight against a feather weight!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Just as well it wasn't the ladyboys in Soi Bangla or the poor falang would have been in the real shit (hospital visit for sure). A few kicks in the back are nothing compared to the pack attack of the ladyboys in Soi Bangla if they are offended for whatever pissweak reason. Avoid at all costs.

I grew up as the skinniest kid in the neighborhood. Try to avoid fighting but if one must fight then fight to win. If you are fighting to win then there are no rules.

I remember a time at PE playing football. I was lined up in front a of a kid twice my size. He figured the best way to stop was to punch me in the stomach. A lot of the kids laughed. After I recovered a few plays later I lined up in front of him again and he smiled. This time I stood up before the ball was snapped and kicked him as hard as I could right in that smile. Then I ran like hell because the entire team was after me (their problem of course is that the could not catch the skinny kid). Yes, I got a reputation for fighting dirty but people learned that not to mess with the skinny kid. That individual and I were very good friends my senior year. Now days an incident like that would lead to weeks of special counselling.

I do not fault the Thais for their methods ... they work.

• 1 month later...

Where I grew up in the U. S., I think it was only about a 40% chance that if you got into a fight that it would be one on one. Because of that, I never get into fights or arguments with someone who has friends nearby. There does seem to be one difference though, it seems in Thailand that Thai strangers will jump in if you have a fight with a Thai. It appears they don't even have to know the Thai person fighting. Just make sure you are polite, smile alot and you shouldn't have any problems in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

Just as well it wasn't the ladyboys in Soi Bangla or the poor falang would have been in the real shit (hospital visit for sure). A few kicks in the back are nothing compared to the pack attack of the ladyboys in Soi Bangla if they are offended for whatever pissweak reason. Avoid at all costs.

This reminds me of my only confrontation in Thailand. I was in this bar in Patong in Bangkok, and I was talking to this pissed Aussie who obviously didnt know the lady he was chatting up was really a ladyboy, so I thought I would do him a favor and I quitely pointed that out to him. He was pretty surprised and answered back loudly something to the effect of "you mean these chicks got dicks?" Next thing I know a ladyboy is in my face accusing me of ruining their business. I guess some ladyboy bars in Patong specialize in fooling drunk tourists. I gave "her" a quick wai, apologized, and bought her a lady drink. She calmed down but I got out of there with the feeling that things could have gone terribly wrong had I not apologized and bought her a drink. Also, if this would have taken place away from an established bar, things might have been different too. Try to avoid confrontations but if you get into one, apologize and leave the scene as soon as you can.

Haha yeah I'm more worried about the ladyboys then normal thai guys.. they try to drag you away to their posse's when you say not interested. Wheres with most normal men just been polite and quiet doesn't usually result in any violence.. With the kick in that video as well.. It wasn't Muay Thai but it did look more like a korean marital art.

Theres a huge differance in cultures, especially young drunk people.

In the west disrespect is practially the norm from young guys getting pissed. I think the really young think they look weak if they don't swear and threaten.

Far more fights than thailand and over very stupid things.

A lot of pissed up groups of lads in town centres think they can say anything to anyone and disrespect is funny.

I like the thai way, I feel much safer drinking in thialand.

But that said I've got much more respect for the Anglo-Saxon way of fighting. One on one face to face.

Though thats not always the way over here these days. My generation seems to be the last that was raised like that, gang tactic seem to be on the rise.

The whole thai think of hunting in packs and striking from behind. Effective but cowardly in my opinion.

They should be feared but not respected.

• 2 weeks later...

yer not sure what happend there,

i saw a scuffle on bangla road a couple of years ago, a drunk aussie (only looked to be about 18 or so) king hit a thai guy and done the bolt, about 4 hours later i was on my way back to the hotel and i had stoped at 7/11 for some water and the aussie guy was in there, he had been fucked up, he had no shirt on and he was bleeding from cuts,bruises,grazes from head to toe he wasnt in a good way, he deserved it but

Thats nothing. Just few hours ago i had LG technician start a fight with me in my own house. Apperantly he was not happy that i refused to pay 500 baht for him bringing back broken TV. Mind you no word of 500 baht mentioned anywhere.

He started a fight inside my house, so i had to "remove" him from my house outside and explain in "settle" terms that he should now drive back to LG head office.

Funny enough other 2 Thai men that were with him, did not want any part of it and stayed right out all the way throughout the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

that sounds rather strange. I generally haved no problems with violence, but I try to keep somewhat sober and not be a jerk.

Edited by cheang